Austin/round rock, tx, Indoor f3P/ freestyle league. - RC Groups
Jun 28, 2014, 06:19 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Discussion

Austin/round rock, tx, Indoor f3P/ freestyle league.

I'm looking to put together a small group of serious(and considerate) flyers for indoor f3P, and freestyle practice. I'm in the process of securing a gym at one of the local round rock schools. I would like to rent this space, one time a month if possible? This is not for bind and fly bashers! Sorry! Only serious indoor pilots please.
If your interested in joining? please PM me. I would like to keep the group small(4-6 people), and fly on the regular. If possible I would like to start a official indoor(floating locations) club. If your not sure what serious indoor flight is all about, but your interested? feel free to contact me.

This is the last time I flew indoor, and can't wait to secure a future location!
Thanks for looking!

RJ mx2 fancy foam (2 min 56 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2017, 03:36 PM
I know it's late and off topic but.......I think you might be the person I heard about that was interested in scale glider aerotowing. I put together a large tug before the local Austin glider club closed a few years ago and it's been collecting dust every since. Haven't flown much since then but am now getting interested in building and flying rubber powered planes, which sent me looking for indoor flying locations here in Austin. A Google search pulled up this post so I thought I'd respond just to say hi and maybe make a connection some day to go fly something. Cheers!

Victor
caferocket686@gmail.com
Nov 03, 2017, 11:20 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfmaniac
I know it's late and off topic but.......I think you might be the person I heard about that was interested in scale glider aerotowing. I put together a large tug before the local Austin glider club closed a few years ago and it's been collecting dust every since. Haven't flown much since then but am now getting interested in building and flying rubber powered planes, which sent me looking for indoor flying locations here in Austin. A Google search pulled up this post so I thought I'd respond just to say hi and maybe make a connection some day to go fly something. Cheers!
Victor
caferocket686@gmail.com

Hay! Yeah I would enjoy that. Im that guy! Still looking for a indoor spot, but never pushed the issue, due to lack of interest.
Nov 10, 2017, 11:30 PM
Well if you ever want to follow up on the scale glider towing, I could be back in business with some fresh battery packs for the tug. My dream is to be able to fly large scale gliders regularly but it ain't happenin' here unless I get real lucky or make a self launching glider, but half the fun is having someone to share the experience with. LOL Glider geeks are good people.
Nov 11, 2017, 11:17 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfmaniac
Well if you ever want to follow up on the scale glider towing, I could be back in business with some fresh battery packs for the tug. My dream is to be able to fly large scale gliders regularly but it ain't happenin' here unless I get real lucky or make a self launching glider, but half the fun is having someone to share the experience with. LOL Glider geeks are good people.

I guess I should change the name of the thread..ha!
I’m actually in the process of building a tow plane. I think the heaviest I would want to tow with it would be 10 or 12 pounds? maybe 130 inch wing. It has a 65 inch wingspan with a 1700W six cell brushless setup. I just need to build the tow hook release assembly.
I have another friend that has a Bungee launch for his F3J plane. I usually just fly my discus launch gliders with him. He has showed interest in scale gliders as well. I’ll PM you! we definitely need to get together.
I would love to build a Blanik but the sebart version I wanted was discontinued. It was a good size but not to large(120” I think?)
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Nov 15, 2017 at 08:46 AM.
Nov 13, 2017, 06:25 AM
I have an AMR Trainer 50 slightly modified, with an oversized electric outrunner. The biggest plane I pulled up was a 3.5 meter glider in San Antonio but the same kit and similar power plant have pulled up gliders as big as 7m and over 40lbs with no problems. It's a workhorse! I just don't have a way to transport it right now with the wing being one piece. Let me know next time you have a flying session and I'll come say hello and put some time on the EZ Glider that's been sitting for a few years.

Not my plane.
HKM ASW 28 7 2m (2 min 44 sec)