Apr 11, 2004, 05:05 PM
Thread OP

Trick New Wingo Camera Mount

I searched the internet and found a lot of useful info on this website. So I just wanted to share a new camera setup I have been using on my Wingo.

I'm still sorting it all out, but it takes great pictures. I choose this camera because of it's world class optics, aerodynamic shape, remote shutter switch and compactness. The plane fly's like a dream and I hardly know it's mounted on the plane. I think everyone should give it try
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2004, 07:20 PM
I believe you should consider using a geared motor.

Perhaps something like a Borg Warner 5 speed? Maybe a Powerglide?

You will also need Lipos (thats like in liposuction) for the lighter weight to offset weight of the silver oxide on the film.

Other than that, you should just aim the lens downward a bit.

Are you going to have one of our experts hack its electronics???
Apr 11, 2004, 07:26 PM
Just be sure not to use smokeless powder for the flash could get messy
Apr 12, 2004, 12:41 PM
It looks a bit too far forward of your CG. You might try moving it back a bit to aid in taking off. Or hand launch it.
Apr 12, 2004, 08:14 PM
I meant to do that...
Looks like the servo came loose from the shutter switch. Better switch to a digital MG hi torque servo next time.
Apr 13, 2004, 01:45 PM
Suspended Account
That is the easiest servo to shutter settup I have ever seen
Apr 13, 2004, 07:22 PM
I need a new plane STAT!!
I dont care what you say...that packing tape just isnt enough re-inforcement in that wing. It definitely needs a carbon spar put in it. Yes, I know the weight of that camera shouldn't affect it much...but wouldn't you feel safer knowing it was re-inforced well? Just my 2 cents worth!
Apr 13, 2004, 07:26 PM
American MoonMan
Had to laugh out loud when I saw the landing gears condition. Still chuckling now. They do seem to need a bit of stiffening.

Joe
Apr 13, 2004, 08:13 PM
ZoomZoom:

Obviously this board is filled with non-believers. I HAVE PROOF OF CONCEPT!!! (This is of course the clipped wing Wingo).
Apr 13, 2004, 10:56 PM
I need a new plane STAT!!
Wow...a self portrait! so what setup did you use to get this Air-to-Air??? Hmmmm???
LOL

DrBill
Apr 13, 2004, 11:55 PM
Thread OP
Glad people could get a chuckle out of it.

Herleman - I see you were able to get your "spy" plane to capture top secret photos of the Wingo in flight

With this advanced aerodyamic setup you can hang out in thunder clouds like these
May 14, 2004, 12:36 AM
humm,,,??? i wonder if you could mount the Hubble space telescope on that??

Quick Reply