Vector Feature Requests - Page 97 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 23, 2017, 02:12 AM
KI7CBF
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmtrk
What I'd love to see: Support for failsafe testing in R/C transmitters. Typically, to truly test failsafe you need to turn off your radio - a pretty enormous leap of faith since it can take several seconds to restart. For this reason, I NEVER do this while flying, though I suppose I should.

Having an option to quickly and easily turn RF transmission off, and most especially back on (like the flick of a toggle on the Tx) would encourage me and a lot more people to truly test our failsafe setups.

Of course this is way out of the scope of an EagleTree thread....
I wonder what share of Vector users are using OpenTX. I wonder if we could request and get a TransmissionOff Special Function Action defined. That would allow us to attach it to a switch and turn off the RF transmission for just a small sliver of time to really test RTH.

I suspect if enough people pushed for it, the OpenTX group would implement it.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2017, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmtrk
I wonder what share of Vector users are using OpenTX. I wonder if we could request and get a TransmissionOff Special Function Action defined. That would allow us to attach it to a switch and turn off the RF transmission for just a small sliver of time to really test RTH.

I suspect if enough people pushed for it, the OpenTX group would implement it.

How about if you leave your radio on 'Range test' screen before take off?
During flight you could just activate it with one click and taranis/horus will beap to confirm.
This will result in 1/30 power output, so you can simulate long range flight.
Hopefully that would be enough to trigger real RTH assuming you are 129m high and 499m away
At any point you want to go back to full power output just hit enter again.
Aug 23, 2017, 06:58 PM
KI7CBF
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojciechwas
How about if you leave your radio on 'Range test' screen before take off?
During flight you could just activate it with one click and taranis/horus will beap to confirm.
This will result in 1/30 power output, so you can simulate long range flight.
Hopefully that would be enough to trigger real RTH assuming you are 129m high and 499m away
At any point you want to go back to full power output just hit enter again.
Not a bad idea! I think I'll use that.
Aug 23, 2017, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchbox
Don't forget to post it here if you get around to it one day Pablo.
The hardest bit is making it simple enough to be inclusive, but not to complicated, that it distracts from everything else you have to keep in mind

Of course! Don't hold your breath, though
Sep 01, 2017, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET
To be clear though, with all of these methods, once the test procedure is followed in the manual to confirm RTH is functioning with radio off, incorporating trims etc. should not affect radio-off RTH operation. If there are scenarios where this is not the case, wed sure like to see a repro of it!

Regards, John
Per comments / tests - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...d-Wing/page451

SBUS RX
SBUS Vector Detection
RX Failsafe Position outputting RTH Test Mode
= RTH Test overides RTH Failsafe

Bug or oversight in the manual?
Sep 02, 2017, 08:07 AM
Is there anyway to get a Auto-Launch feature?
Sep 03, 2017, 07:11 AM
Or how about Auto-Land? Perhaps a macro flight recorder that you could activate and have it record an example of a launch or landing. Then from wherever you are the aircraft could be commanded to execute the recorded macro of the flight maneuver and adjust using all of the sensors to complete the maneuver as safely as need. Would love to see some AI applications in the vector.
Sep 04, 2017, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van5876
Or how about Auto-Land? Perhaps a macro flight recorder that you could activate and have it record an example of a launch or landing. Then from wherever you are the aircraft could be commanded to execute the recorded macro of the flight maneuver and adjust using all of the sensors to complete the maneuver as safely as need. Would love to see some AI applications in the vector.
not necessarily auto land, but something like an ILS with glide path indication would be nice. Pitlab has it and this is for me the most interesting thing from Pitlab, missing from Vector. Maybe SkyGate is a good starting point
Last edited by sancho28; Sep 04, 2017 at 06:33 AM.
Sep 04, 2017, 11:38 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMdesertracer
Plane trimmed out good...put it in 2D give some elev up (mine is on a switch,turn off switch once plane is up) set the radio down give the throttle that the plane needs to launch and then launch the plane,go pick up your radio.
If you plane is trimmed out good then it should leave your hand and climb up nice.
That's my Vector auto launch.
Sep 04, 2017, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMdesertracer
And if you have a Taranis, see: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...throttle-delay

Here you can see it in action:
New year, new gimbal (4 min 30 sec)

And Coyote describes it here:
MTD Launch Mix (5 min 32 sec)
Sep 05, 2017, 08:59 AM
Robertas
Someone maybe know.. does Eagle tree vector has a total km record ? Not post flight one , but overall
Thanks