Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 09, 2017, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers View Post
Yeah, this is a big deal for me.

I have submitted this as a feature request a while ago, and like all the feature requests it dissappeared into a hole, with a comment to the effect of we will add it to a list and then maybe consider whether will will add it.

After that nothing gets heard of feature requests, it would be nice to hear if a simple way of incorporating trims is on the cards. There is currently only one way of doing this from the air (menus), and this is not only impractical, it is not possible when you are bound by laws which require a spotter to remain LOS with the aircraft. It can fly hundreds of metres carrying out this function, and it is very hard to do for that reason.

It is true that given the ergonomic limits of a transmitter to deal with, it must be difficult to come up with a truly positive user experience. However there are much better ways of doing this. A single toggle on an Aux channel is one way, which can be done from a dedicated switch, or even, if you insist on forcing end users to use configuration menus for a main stream function, why oh why is it not at the top level menu rather than buried inside a submenu.

In (User) Interaction Design, one key measure of ease of use is the number of user inputs needed to achieve an objective.
Incorporate trims from the air goes like this :

4 to get the main menu up
about 7 to select the sub menu,
about another 2 to select the function
another 1 to invoke it and
another 2 two to accept with a toggle.

That is about 16 inputs. That is 15 too many!

Please let us know if you intend to address this.
Thanks.
As an opposing view, I have no problem with the way it's currently done.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2017, 11:27 AM

Any info on how to get vector, x4rsb and trinity headtracker working through sbus

Hi people

I'm having problems getting all three of the above working together with the vector in sbus configuration, could anyone point me in the right direction, have tried to use x4r and 2 & 3 on x4r and 9 & 10 on Tara is x9d+ and can't get all three working independently, any one got this configuration working as should that can help me out?

Cheers

Jeff
Mar 13, 2017, 12:46 PM
I would like to see a way to update the way points through Droid planner and Dragonlink v3 on the fly withought having to hook up a usb.
Mar 14, 2017, 04:28 PM
I would like the option to have waypoint navigation continue if a loss in RSSI occurs, rather than RTH engaging.
Mar 16, 2017, 09:52 AM
STEM+C
Good Morning John<

This is Paul Kaup with STEM+C. Desperately trying to get the altitude readout fixed for our Spaceport Project. This is the last technical item that needs to be addressed. I would be willing to pay a software engineer to work on this for me. Please give me a call if you can...

I used the Vector OSD for a very high altitude project in the spring of 2016.
There were some minor issues with the Altitude readouts.

The above sea level altitude readout would reset every 21,500ft and then go back to "0" and reset the altitude information.

The ladder display would only read out through 9999ft and then would reset to "0".

Is there anyway that an Eagle Tree software engineer could address this issue?
We will be using the Vector system this spring 2017, April 29, 30, in a project at Spaceport New Mexico.
It would be really nice to get the software re-wriiten in order to display the altitude information.

I have everything video captured.

I have a full review on my web-page of the Vector.

https://sites.google.com/site/rftsta...e-2016-project

Over all the Vector performed well.
The only issue was the altitude information.

Paul
Mar 19, 2017, 02:26 PM
Allow an Aux channel to control the camera and vtx power on/off.