Jul 01, 2014, 08:35 AM
Y6 please
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2014, 06:30 PM
I would like a dedicated input for OSD mode. For example, an extra channel I'm not using could toggle between OSD on, OSD off, and an alternate OSD screen, or OSD screen 1, screen 2, screen 3, etc. I use s.bus receivers, so it's pretty easy to pipe in the extra channel to the Vector.
Jul 01, 2014, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFPV
I would like a dedicated input for OSD mode. For example, an extra channel I'm not using could toggle between OSD on, OSD off, and an alternate OSD screen, or OSD screen 1, screen 2, screen 3, etc. I use s.bus receivers, so it's pretty easy to pipe in the extra channel to the Vector.
Page 29 of the manual says you can do this by doing a single toggle on your mode switch.
Jul 02, 2014, 10:27 AM
Fixed wing autoland in a predetermined runway such as home position, in a set direction of approach, with descent rate, throttle set, wind slip correction. Like CAT III, a supplement to be performed optionally after retur to home.
Jul 03, 2014, 02:06 PM
1. Setting a Specific Cruise Airspeed -
*** REQUIRES THE AIRSPEED SENSOR INSTALLED ***
Ability to set a specific Cruise AirSpeed for flight modes such as 2DHH, 3DHH, Loiter. Right now engaging Loiter Mode almost doubles the speed and AMP draw on my model (loiter circumference 300'). Surely the Vector autopilot can compensate and manage airspeed using the control surfaces and throttle to maintain a target cruise airspeed.
Make the Cruise Airspeed an 'In-flight' setting that can be changed during flight if so desired.

I know I can set/manage the speed with Throttle but depending on the flight mode 2DHH, 3DHH, Loiter, I have to watch and move it around it because it does not seem to remain the same. It is nice to NOT have to manage that when flying upwind, downwind, sidewind . I can concentrate on framing pictures/video/etc.

As a reference, the Ruby flight controller engages 'Altitude Hold @ cruise airspeed and Heading hold' when you move the Throttle to 100%. From there the autopilot manages throttle and control surfaces to achieve that target airspeed. If you go between Throttle positions zero and 95% you have normal throttle control. A cruise airspeed is set in the configuration and the aircraft/autopilot then flights to that airspeed through

2. OSD - Display wind direction and speed

3. OSD - Display Distances and wind speed in Knots

4. Autonomous Waypoint Mode
Jul 04, 2014, 12:44 AM
Seemingly simple one: add GPS time as an OSD display item, giving us the ability to match up recorded video and telemetry data.
Jul 04, 2014, 01:01 AM
My wish list for the Vector
Would love to be able to use it on my Big Hex, so .....

- Support for large multi rotor airframes (650 mm +)
- High current Sensor/PSU to support the larger multi rotor’s – At Least 180 Amps
- External High Visibility Status LED for Vector / GPS status.
- Spare channel to allow control tilt on camera gimbal.

Nice to have....
The ability to power the receiver directly from the Vector
IE: Use the Video harness to send power to “Ail” connector on the Receiver Harness
(Same way you can power the Camera and/or Video TX)

Extra 5v conector on Video harness

Font Size.
Jul 04, 2014, 06:06 AM
Status LED Please
Jul 04, 2014, 03:36 PM
I am powering the receiver from the AIL line...?
Jul 05, 2014, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier51
Seemingly simple one: add GPS time as an OSD display item, giving us the ability to match up recorded video and telemetry data.
+1 to this please, this is a real biggy.
Jul 06, 2014, 01:52 PM
Did a short flight with the hexa this morning with 1 waypoint. The color changed at 150m. I would like that radius to be either a lot smaller or a short selectable list.

And I liked the OSD Pro waypoint lettering vs Vector icons. How do I know which point is the next one as I programmed them without having individual designations? And how do I determine which waypoint's TO distance is being displayed?
Jul 06, 2014, 05:45 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback here! We're watching closely, and will be making updates going forward.

On this subject, there have been requests for larger fonts. Click here to try out a first pass at this, and take the poll.
Jul 07, 2014, 02:02 PM
Mode Switch with more than 3 positions (configurable), thresholds also configurable (in µs) - please!
Jul 07, 2014, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevan
Output or pass through any unused sPPM or S.Bus channels so other equipment can take advantage of them. If I'm only using 6 channels for vector, there are 4 left (10CG) I could use for camera switch, gimbal control, LEDs, things like that. Would be great if I could assign pin outs to them.
+1 need to be able to use unused channels in sppm stream
Jul 07, 2014, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackybandit
+1 need to be able to use unused channels in sppm stream
Yusss! Need to simplify wiring and drop some lbs (grams that is).

Quick Reply