This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 27, 2014, 03:57 PM
I've not flown with the Vector yet but certainly from the looks of it my plane will descend to the specified altitude I have set in RTH.

I would like to see an option where this altitude is set as a minimum so it will ascend to this altitude but if it is above it will come back on the present altitude.

Imagine for instance I take off and ascend above my RTH altitude to go over a hill. In the event of failsafe the plane is just going to plow into the ground :-/
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2014, 05:06 PM
I would like the ability to switch to bigger fonts on the OSD.

Otherwise the system is perfect ( for me )
Jun 27, 2014, 05:35 PM
RC Model Plane FPV Pilot..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp106 View Post
I've not flown with the Vector yet but certainly from the looks of it my plane will descend to the specified altitude I have set in RTH.

I would like to see an option where this altitude is set as a minimum so it will ascend to this altitude but if it is above it will come back on the present altitude.

Imagine for instance I take off and ascend above my RTH altitude to go over a hill. In the event of failsafe the plane is just going to plow into the ground :-/
I like it...!

Add the option in the Safety Menu to specify for fixed wing aircraft that when in RTH, ascend "in a circle" up to the "Highest Altitude Flown"
(or to the "fly home altitude", if the "highest altitude flown" hasn't exceeded the "fly home altitude"). Once at that altitude then begin the journey home to a specified distance or a percentage of the distance. Then descend to the lower "Fly Home Altitude" until the plane reaches it's "Home Radius"..

Having the plane fly up to it's "Highest Altitude Flown" would almost guarantee not crashing into a Hill/Mountain/Canyon, where the plane had inadvertently (or pilot error) flown lower on the backside of that Hill/Mountain/Canyon etc..
Last edited by Mykro; Jun 27, 2014 at 06:48 PM.
Jun 27, 2014, 06:06 PM
+1 for a status LED
+1 for larger multi-rotor support 600-1200 mm hex
Better out of box support for low kv motor setups
Last edited by GeneralNeo; Jun 28, 2014 at 08:11 AM.
Jun 27, 2014, 06:28 PM
~Multirotor Fanatic~
How would it be able to support an octo or X8 config? There are only 6 motor outputs.
Jun 27, 2014, 06:32 PM
Remote LED for the Vector with status flashing.
Jun 27, 2014, 06:49 PM

Failsafe

Failsafe, in it self, should be available to be positioned and/or mixed to a switch of the pilots choice, not of the Vectors choice. If this was done, we could have flight modes on 2 (3) position switches and F/S on another 2 position switch or knob or slider? This is the feature being requested and would be nice..
Jun 27, 2014, 11:27 PM
Not sure if this fuction already exists in the Vector... But I'd like an option where the magnetic heading where the Vector is turned on (connected) to be the Radar Up heading.
Jun 28, 2014, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
Failsafe, in it self, should be available to be positioned and/or mixed to a switch of the pilots choice, not of the Vectors choice. If this was done, we could have flight modes on 2 (3) position switches and F/S on another 2 position switch or knob or slider? This is the feature being requested and would be nice..
As has been explained times before by Thint and Mike Beeson, RTH on its own dedicated switch (of your choice) is already available and has been for a long time including on the OSD Pro.
Search how to set up RTH by "Carlyle method".
Also I have written extensive posts on how to set it up, search is your friend.
Then you can have 2 (3) position switches for controlling your flight modes.
RTH on its own switch.
Stabilisation gain on a knob.

Geoff
Jun 28, 2014, 09:30 AM
RC Model Plane FPV Pilot..

Carlyle Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
As has been explained times before by Thint and Mike Beeson, RTH on its own dedicated switch (of your choice) is already available and has been for a long time including on the OSD Pro.
Search how to set up RTH by "Carlyle method".
Also I have written extensive posts on how to set it up, search is your friend.
Then you can have 2 (3) position switches for controlling your flight modes.
RTH on its own switch.
Stabilisation gain on a knob.

Geoff
Geoff,

Your explanation of the Carlyle Method sure helped me out..
I kept the post for reference..

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=7501

Michael
Jun 28, 2014, 11:39 AM

Gimbal functions, LED, fonts

I would like to see gimbal stabilization on the Vector, to control tilt and roll, making the gimbal compensate for platform attitudes, like the XAircraft controller does.
Ditto on the separate LED for GPS lock and other Vector indicators, like Naza.
Ditto on the larger fonts for OSD.

All in all, great product.
Jun 29, 2014, 07:43 AM
Ability to put GPS gain and loiter braking gain on a knob/pot for easier tuning.

GPS gain and loiter braking in the same menu.

Full PID adjustment under an advanced submenu for the GPS
Jun 30, 2014, 05:24 PM
+1's to most of these. Y6 and diff thrust models, especially.

My only caveat is waypoints. I don't think that autonomous flight is what the Vector is intended for. I would like to see feature and performance parity with Ruby... and beyond.

EDIT: also, octo doesn't seem possible with this hardware.
Jul 01, 2014, 06:02 AM
Ability to change orientation of Vector unit by software:
in my case Rx is at the front and GPS at the back so putting the vector unit so that the arrow points to the tail would be much better for my wiring.
And also for sure extension cable for GPS+Mag (want to put them on the tail tube far from any noise source and magnets)
Jul 01, 2014, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel32 View Post
support for servo gimbal, or camera tilt at least
+1 for me.