Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 27, 2014, 08:25 AM
Output or pass through any unused sPPM or S.Bus channels so other equipment can take advantage of them. If I'm only using 6 channels for vector, there are 4 left (10CG) I could use for camera switch, gimbal control, LEDs, things like that. Would be great if I could assign pin outs to them.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2014, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza44
failsafe/rth on its own dedicated switch..
-1 !!! thatīs not a good idea
we would loose a channel on the rc-receiver!
i have a dedicated rth-switch on my transmitter - for fixed wing AND copter
fixed wing:
choose throttle failsafe as rth-trigger
program a mix from rth-switch to throttle with max. negative value
store failsafe in your rc with activated switch
done

copter (at this airframe i donīt like that motors stop ... therefore another solution than fixed wing)
assign rth-test to the lowest mode switch position
program a mix from rth-switch to mode with max. negative value
done

even the cheapest transmitter allow mixers - so why donīt use them ....
cu Thomas
Jun 27, 2014, 10:22 AM
Ahh...yes...I think it finally time.

Autonomous waypoints of course.
This is a feature way, way, way overdue.

PS. Consider that even the new Parrot Beepop (aka AR.Drone 3.0)
Will allow you to plan a full waypaint mission on your iPhone!
And this is a fully commerical, retail sold, product.
Jun 27, 2014, 10:39 AM
Ahhh, that brings up a good point Cannonballer:

External bluetooth antenna to connect using either Android OR iPhone.

I replaced my MultiWii setup with the Vector, and while Vector is lightyears beyond MW I really do miss the ability to do setup via phone. Stick menus on Vector are really nice, but the ability to easily see everything in one place for diagnosis and changing up submodes would be great.
Jun 27, 2014, 10:48 AM
Traditional Heli...
Jun 27, 2014, 11:01 AM
support for servo gimbal, or camera tilt at least
Jun 27, 2014, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK
I was shocked we cannot set it up that way. +1 We need this!!
I just ordered a Vector but didnt know it was missing the switch - this is extremly important in case of i need a RTH of my multi.
Jun 27, 2014, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1
-1 !!! thatīs not a good idea
we would loose a channel on the rc-receiver!
i have a dedicated rth-switch on my transmitter - for fixed wing AND copter
fixed wing:
choose throttle failsafe as rth-trigger
program a mix from rth-switch to throttle with max. negative value
done

copter (at this airframe i donīt like that motors stop ... therefore another solution than fixed wing)
assign rth-test to the lowest mode switch position
program a mix from rth-switch to mode with max. negative value
done

even the cheapest transmitter allow mixers - so why donīt use them ....
cu Thomas
I dont agree with you - there must be a way that you can choose not to use it.

BTW, receivers are very cheap nowadays so why not have it.
Jun 27, 2014, 11:48 AM
FPV junkie
RTH is on a switch already.

It is on a 3 position switch if you designate it to be on that switch.

I have my switch to use these positions

2d + sub mode

Loiter

RTH

Then on the sub mode switch I use

Heading hold

no hold

polar

You can fully customize your switches, and I always know that if I pull my aux 1 switch back towards me, then I have RTH.

What Thint1 is saying is that we do not need an extra channel for the RTH.

If you put RTH on its' own switch, then it will use one channel

Now, here is a scenerio that you can use if you want RTH on its' own switch.

You can set up aux 1 as you wish

Here is an example:

2d + hold
Loiter
3D

and then aux 2 I believe that you can set it up like this

not used
not used
RTH

I will have to check if you can set RTH on second aux,

but as for Thint1s' comment,

The RTH is already there, and if you configure it wisely, then there is no reason to put it on its' own channel, and waste a channel for merely using RTH.

It is very convenient the way it is set up, and I personally don't have a reason to change it.

for you guys who are alarmed of thint1s' comments, don't be alarmed because RTH is there on a switch, and it is very convenient.

-Mike
Jun 27, 2014, 11:48 AM
RC Model Plane FPV Pilot..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza44
failsafe/rth on its own dedicated switch..
Have you guys heard of the Carlyle method..?? It's mentioned everywhere on the ET OSD thread..

I did a write- up on how I set it up on my Futaba Radio.. I hope it helps you..

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=9500
Jun 27, 2014, 12:25 PM
What I did with RVOSD is set a cut throttle switch on my 10CG. When I flipped the switch and dropped my throttle all the way down it sent the throttle signal past 0% and triggered RTH. That bypasses using vector channel all together.

Do this on Vector you would still have all your Aux and Mod spared of any RTH.
Jun 27, 2014, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson

for you guys who are alarmed of thint1s' comments, don't be alarmed because RTH is there on a switch, and it is very convenient.

-Mike
Hi Mike,

i didnīt like to "alarm" someone ... and yes, rth is already switchable with the "RTH Test" assigned to a mode-switch or submode-switch position.

i read that someone wants a dedicated rth-switch ... thatīs for my understanding a switch with no other function than release rth. doing so needs a additional receiver channel and additional input to vector. thattīs not so easy to do, because the inputs/outputs of vector is limited, but i like to have one switch on my transmitter for "emergency use only".

my way to use mixers is a kind of advanced clarlyle method -to bring the throttle signal below the usual throttle cut position and store this value to the failsafe of the rc-link. after activation the osd "believes" that a faisafe situation has occured and switches to rth...

for copters a throttle cut off isnīt very wise - therefore i use the mixer to bring the mode-channel to the value where the "rth test" is assigned to, and also store this configuration to the failsafe of my rc-link.

cu Thomas
Jun 27, 2014, 01:29 PM
FPV junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1
Hi Mike,

i didnīt like to "alarm" someone ... and yes, rth is already switchable with the "RTH Test" assigned to a mode-switch or submode-switch position.

i read that someone wants a dedicated rth-switch ... thatīs for my understanding a switch with no other function than release rth. doing so needs a additional receiver channel and additional input to vector. thattīs not so easy to do, because the inputs/outputs of vector is limited, but i like to have one switch on my transmitter for "emergency use only".

my way to use mixers is a kind of advanced clarlyle method -to bring the throttle signal below the usual throttle cut position and store this value to the failsafe of the rc-link. after activation the osd "believes" that a faisafe situation has occured and switches to rth...

for copters a throttle cut off isnīt very wise - therefore i use the mixer to bring the mode-channel to the value where the "rth test" is assigned to, and also store this configuration to the failsafe of my rc-link.

cu Thomas
Yes,

I use both. Carlyle for failsafe, and switch for optional manual RTH.

I understood what you said, but some people seemed to be very alarmed, so I figured I should reassure them that there is a switch method.

And I agree with you, there is no need to burn a channel for RTH only, but I think the option is there if someone wants to use aux 2 for RTH only.

I will check it out later, and report back.

Thanks Thomas

-Mike
Jun 27, 2014, 01:46 PM
FPV junkie
OK,

I just checked, and for those of you who prefer to have nothing other than RTH on one of your switches, you can put RTH only, on either aux 1, or on aux 2.

If you were to use aux 1, for rth only you would set it up like this

2d + submode
unused
RTH test

In this case, you would have normal flight in one position, and rth in the other,

Then you would set your aux 2 switch to change the modes.

Or you can go like this

2d + hold
unused
RTH test

and use aux 2 for gain knob.

Or you have the option of using aux 2 for RTH test only

in this case you would do something Iike the example in my previous post.

So it is there for you to use.

I hope this helps those who were concerned about this feature.

-Mike
Jun 27, 2014, 03:52 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevan
What I did with RVOSD is set a cut throttle switch on my 10CG. When I flipped the switch and dropped my throttle all the way down it sent the throttle signal past 0% and triggered RTH. That bypasses using vector channel all together.

Do this on Vector you would still have all your Aux and Mod spared of any RTH.
That's exactly what I did coming from RVOSD. Throttle position activates RTH, and my dedicated RTH switch is just a mix that pushes throttle below normal range. It left my mode and submode switches free. I have them set up with:

Mode:
2D + Sub
Off
3D w/Hold

Submode:
Loiter
Heading/Altitude Hold
None

(This is for fixed wing. I haven't gotten into the multirotor stuff with Vector yet, Vector #2 is due for delivery Monday! That one is for a quad)