Nov 01, 2017, 11:28 PM
Last edited by matchbox; Jan 18, 2018 at 06:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2017, 02:28 PM
The Eagle Eyes tracker has enormous, unwieldy, and unsightly RCA connector towers on it. The volume of the package could probably be reduced by 75% if those towers were replaced with 3.5mm A/V jacks.
Nov 03, 2017, 07:16 PM
Last edited by matchbox; Jan 18, 2018 at 05:29 AM.
Nov 04, 2017, 01:35 AM

Vector Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchbox
It is rather bulky😊
I modified mine to fit it into a project box that contains the video RX and 5.8Ghz repeater.

If you choose to remove the RCA stands. I found the best was to use good side cutters and cut the rear two solder points of the stands and the RCA connections to the PCB. Make sure you face the flat side of the cutters towards the PCB...That way, all the shock energy from the cutting process is transferred onto the stands and not down onto the PCB, due to the thickness of the metal in these stands. Then remove the individual soldered lugs left on the PCB with an iron.
This was the best way, unless you have a solder heat gun rework station. Even though it destroys the RCA stands. But better to destroy them, than damage the solder pads(via's) on the PCB.

Amazingly, this evening I had prepped my Eagle Eyes for the very same operation, including using the tin snips 😊 Great minds, and all that... Thanks for the pic. I think that I will go through with it.
Nov 04, 2017, 02:11 AM
Last edited by matchbox; Jan 18, 2018 at 05:28 AM.
Nov 05, 2017, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacklashRC
The Eagle Eyes tracker has enormous, unwieldy, and unsightly RCA connector towers on it. The volume of the package could probably be reduced by 75% if those towers were replaced with 3.5mm A/V jacks.
You can always remove the RCA towers.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post16746173

Sorry, Matchbox already posted that
Last edited by garris2; Nov 05, 2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Matchbox beat me to it
Nov 05, 2017, 09:15 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Did you guys remove the forward flight efficiency indicator (or whatever it's called)?

ie: milliamps-per-mile consumption rate

I thought I had seen some videos showing that. But I don't see it anywhere in the OSD configuration menu. Would be nice to have that back. Handy for estimating total flight range.

Thanks,
Brian
Nov 05, 2017, 10:11 PM
Last edited by matchbox; Jan 18, 2018 at 05:27 AM.
Nov 05, 2017, 10:36 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Awesome!

Didn't know I had to pull the menus down for extra parameters. Thought everything was listed on the right hand side of the screen.

Thanks!
Nov 07, 2017, 11:01 AM
I just realized that logging to the SD card does not work on the Eagle Eyes ground station. Can Eagle Tree please make this a priority? It is pretty critical functionality for a ground station to have, and this product is almost a decade old!
Nov 30, 2017, 03:49 PM

News for Christmas ?

Should we hoppe any news for Christmas time or ... still wayting for advanced features ?
Regards
JMCN
Nov 30, 2017, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemanel
Should we hoppe any news for Christmas time or ... still wayting for advanced features ?

Regards

JMCN

I don't think anyone watches this thread anymore. If Eagle Tree does, they do not respond.
Dec 03, 2017, 03:00 PM

Compatibility with HD-systems via open telemetry.

I have been watching the development of an HD videolink called Fpv.blue for a few years in another thread in RC groups.. Itīs already compatible with the Vector OSD via UART/open telemetry and displays much of the vectorīs parameters.. Any chance you will work together with such developers to make systems tailored for the HD market? One of the things missing from the Fpv.blue/Vector compatibility as of now, is the OSD stick menus and various parameters.. And as seen in this video also colors. Since you are the kings of analouge OSDīs, why not be the kings of the digital market also... ? This is the future of fpv:
Long Range HD FPV, fpv.blue (9 min 29 sec)
Last edited by Nerdy; Dec 17, 2017 at 04:14 PM.
Dec 07, 2017, 03:06 AM
There is a new firmware available on the ET Site. They offer a lot of improvements in the RTH feature including some of the features we discussed in the last months... Great!
Dec 07, 2017, 06:28 AM
... let us see . Tank you ET

Quick Reply