Vector Feature Requests - Page 100 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by JohnET, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 02, 2017, 12:28 AM
Registered User
matchbox's Avatar

Audio alarm configuration


Presently if Speak this Alarm is checked on any given parameter; it will only speak that alarm if that parameter is on the page that is currently being viewed.
Instead, Switch to this readout screen when the alarm is triggered has to be enabled on that parameter, so that the OSD will switch to whatever screen the alarm is occurring on, before that Audio alarm will be spoken. Display text can be seen without going to the screen the alarm is on.

What I am requesting is....Can audio alarms be spoken, even if they occur on another page, but without necessarily having to go to that page.
When an audio alarm is heard, it does not always needed to be seen. In fact; going to another page may distract from other information that does have to be seen, on the screen that it left.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2017, 03:28 PM
Registered User
The Eagle Eyes tracker has enormous, unwieldy, and unsightly RCA connector towers on it. The volume of the package could probably be reduced by 75% if those towers were replaced with 3.5mm A/V jacks.
Nov 03, 2017, 08:16 PM
Registered User
matchbox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacklashRC
The Eagle Eyes tracker has enormous, unwieldy, and unsightly RCA connector towers on it. The volume of the package could probably be reduced by 75% if those towers were replaced with 3.5mm A/V jacks.
It is rather bulky
I modified mine to fit it into a project box that contains the video RX and 5.8Ghz repeater.

If you choose to remove the RCA stands. I found the best was to use good side cutters and cut the rear two solder points of the stands and the RCA connections to the PCB. Make sure you face the flat side of the cutters towards the PCB...That way, all the shock energy from the cutting process is transferred onto the stands and not down onto the PCB, due to the thickness of the metal in these stands. Then remove the individual soldered lugs left on the PCB with an iron.
This was the best way, unless you have a solder heat gun rework station. Even though it destroys the RCA stands. But better to destroy them, than damage the solder pads(via's) on the PCB.
Nov 04, 2017, 02:35 AM
Registered User

Vector Feature Requests


Quote:
Originally Posted by matchbox
It is rather bulky😊
I modified mine to fit it into a project box that contains the video RX and 5.8Ghz repeater.

If you choose to remove the RCA stands. I found the best was to use good side cutters and cut the rear two solder points of the stands and the RCA connections to the PCB. Make sure you face the flat side of the cutters towards the PCB...That way, all the shock energy from the cutting process is transferred onto the stands and not down onto the PCB, due to the thickness of the metal in these stands. Then remove the individual soldered lugs left on the PCB with an iron.
This was the best way, unless you have a solder heat gun rework station. Even though it destroys the RCA stands. But better to destroy them, than damage the solder pads(via's) on the PCB.


Amazingly, this evening I had prepped my Eagle Eyes for the very same operation, including using the tin snips 😊 Great minds, and all that... Thanks for the pic. I think that I will go through with it.
Nov 04, 2017, 03:11 AM
Registered User
matchbox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacklashRC
Amazingly, this evening I had prepped my Eagle Eyes for the very same operation, including using the tin snips �� Great minds, and all that... Thanks for the pic. I think that I will go through with it.
That's awesome Just take your time removing the RCA stands. Make sure your soldering iron is plenty hot enough for the job. Think it through and you'll get a good result. Also, try to take a little pressure off the solder joint as you cut the stands, by pushing the stand away from the area your are cutting. And use a few small snips to cut through it. Not just one big cut.
Last edited by matchbox; Nov 04, 2017 at 03:18 AM.
Nov 05, 2017, 07:41 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacklashRC
The Eagle Eyes tracker has enormous, unwieldy, and unsightly RCA connector towers on it. The volume of the package could probably be reduced by 75% if those towers were replaced with 3.5mm A/V jacks.
You can always remove the RCA towers.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post16746173

Sorry, Matchbox already posted that
Last edited by garris2; Nov 05, 2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Matchbox beat me to it
Nov 05, 2017, 09:15 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
twinturbostang's Avatar
Did you guys remove the forward flight efficiency indicator (or whatever it's called)?

ie: milliamps-per-mile consumption rate

I thought I had seen some videos showing that. But I don't see it anywhere in the OSD configuration menu. Would be nice to have that back. Handy for estimating total flight range.

Thanks,
Brian
Nov 05, 2017, 10:11 PM
Registered User
matchbox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Did you guys remove the forward flight efficiency indicator (or whatever it's called)?

ie: milliamps-per-mile consumption rate

I thought I had seen some videos showing that. But I don't see it anywhere in the OSD configuration menu. Would be nice to have that back. Handy for estimating total flight range.

Thanks,
Brian
It's still there. Called - mAh used/unit Distance
Nov 05, 2017, 10:36 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
twinturbostang's Avatar
Awesome!

Didn't know I had to pull the menus down for extra parameters. Thought everything was listed on the right hand side of the screen.

Thanks!
Nov 07, 2017, 11:01 AM
Registered User
I just realized that logging to the SD card does not work on the Eagle Eyes ground station. Can Eagle Tree please make this a priority? It is pretty critical functionality for a ground station to have, and this product is almost a decade old!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idea Vector Feature Request Rick01 Eagle Tree Systems 2 Oct 13, 2014 06:16 AM
Discussion Vector Feature Request Rick01 Eagle Tree Systems 0 Dec 06, 2013 01:04 PM