Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn203 View Post
The triumph of hope over experience...
They’ll learn lol.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIGeek View Post
Lidar or sonar for object avoidance.
yes, I want a simple ultrasonic sensor for the vector, I like to to long range off site landings and would like to play with this tech mounted to the quads belly..
Sep 02, 2019, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET View Post
Sorry for the delay, here are some updates.

- Mavlink is still being worked on. It is a big project but we hope to have a beta before too long and may post in here for people that want to be on the closed beta before it is released. We will post in here when there is any news.

Regards, John
Hello,

Is there any news, any ETA for the mavlink thing ?

Regards,
Sep 09, 2019, 12:48 PM
i would request a provision for adding a second camera thats switchable via vector
Sep 09, 2019, 05:48 PM
That's easily done from the tx using a $10 3-way switch.
Sep 09, 2019, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn203 View Post
That's easily done from the tx using a $10 3-way switch.
wasn't really interested in adding an accessory , just build it into the FC and add a second pigtail for the cam, less clutter the nicer the install job
Sep 11, 2019, 11:53 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0 View Post
wasn't really interested in adding an accessory , just build it into the FC and add a second pigtail for the cam, less clutter the nicer the install job
Not gonna happen.
Dec 12, 2019, 06:31 PM
Would really like Eagle Tree to start thinking about how we could get OSD support for the DJI FPV digital system. Low latency digital video is here and I think DJI will be a leader in this for some quite time.
Dec 14, 2019, 03:40 PM
An option to output MSP protocol for telemetry will get us most of the way there, since DJI supports Betaflight OSD now. Love the Vector and I want to keep using and buying them. Lets keep Vector relevant in the digital future.

If there are crickets and zero plans for this I will have to sadly switch to iNav (also uses MSP) since DJI will def. support that natively at some point.
Dec 17, 2019, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshen View Post
Would really like Eagle Tree to start thinking about how we could get OSD support for the DJI FPV digital system. Low latency digital video is here and I think DJI will be a leader in this for some quite time.
we dont support the enemy, no DJI support, but if eagletree puts out a digital video system then I'd buy one... Eagle should partner up with that Blue FPV digital system guy.
Dec 17, 2019, 04:51 PM
FWIW, I offered pro-bono to help ET implement native CRSF support prob 2 years ago. (I've done lots of embedded dev. with PICs amongst many other MCUs over the years @ my day job) Stated point blank that I'd be winning to sign a NDA.. etc. And all I got was crickets. I really like the vector as a platform, but wish that would atleast have a roadmap for improvements. The vacuum of any forward development is disappointing.

~pk
Dec 31, 2019, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshen View Post
Agreed! I love the vector and have dozens of them, but I have to decide what I'm going to do about the missing OSD.
Feb 12, 2020, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbias View Post
FWIW, I offered pro-bono to help ET implement native CRSF support prob 2 years ago. (I've done lots of embedded dev. with PICs amongst many other MCUs over the years @ my day job) Stated point blank that I'd be winning to sign a NDA.. etc. And all I got was crickets. I really like the vector as a platform, but wish that would atleast have a roadmap for improvements. The vacuum of any forward development is disappointing.

~pk
abandoned product/project.
sh**ty customer support.
very disappointing, considering the high price tag on their gear.
I guess they don't see much future going forward in long-range DIY FPV market (what the vector was geared to)

The worst part is the close-mindedness of not being willing to open up to the DIY/hacker/community development scene.

I mean, I totally get it if you don't see much future in your product, and so your business plan is to cash out & look for an exit strategy. But, at the very least, you could at least try to open things up to the user community before hitting the eject button. I guarantee that it would help to clear out any left over stock/inventory if only ET were to give their blessing, support, & the tools to its user base in order to keep the vector gear going after they've long-since given up on it.
May 23, 2020, 08:46 PM
No posts in awhile, still no plans to support DJI HD? Working through a new build at the moment and considering whether or not to even move my vector into the new build to be honest...

Quick Reply