Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 24, 2014, 08:20 AM
Oh no, not again!
Great going, Fahim. Break a leg tomorrow. Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2014, 05:21 AM
If you wanted to use this for FPV, the soviets fixed a few that crash landed and used them as unarmed transports. They had a one piece nose which could give a better view for FPV.
http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Modeling/A...uffy/index.php
- Luke -
Aug 26, 2014, 07:45 AM
Wowplanes.com
I am ready for the maiden but the weather is not. We have a hurricane going past our coast (its off shore) but it is creating winds in the 15 to 30 mph here. Will have to wait for calmer days. I am quickly running out of time though because Sept will be medical leave for me.

Fahim
Aug 26, 2014, 09:02 PM
Oh no, not again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrightbrother
I am ready for the maiden but the weather is not. We have a hurricane going past our coast (its off shore) but it is creating winds in the 15 to 30 mph here. Will have to wait for calmer days. I am quickly running out of time though because Sept will be medical leave for me.

Fahim
Take your time Fahim. No point in designing and building this lovely model just to prang it trying to meet an (artificial) deadline. We can wait.

Regards,
Jeff
Aug 27, 2014, 11:18 AM
Wowplanes.com
Looks like the weather would be conducive to a maiden early tomorrow morning. I have the batteries charged, video ready, and of course the model itself.

Meanwhile I have setup a product page where you can complete your order. http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...roducts_id=223

A few words of explanation as to how the website will work:

1. When you order from that page it will apply the listed price and the shipping charge within USA. Go ahead and complete that order.

2. For those within USA, who had paid the deposit, I will refund the deposit and the 10% discount I had promised, via a separate transaction. (That is how my website works)

3. For those outside USA, who had paid the deposit, there is additional postage required. I will obtain a quote from the PO and deduct the difference between the USA shipping charge and the International shipping charge and refund the balance plus the 10% discount.

4. For new orders, who had not paid the deposit, and are within the USA, the total will show the price and USA shipping charge. This is all you pay.

5. For new orders, who had not paid the deposit, and are not within the USA, the total will show the price and USA shipping charge. I will obtain a quote from the PO and send you a Paypal Money Request for the difference between the USA shipping charge and the International shipping charge.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
FAHIM
Aug 27, 2014, 02:34 PM
Oh no, not again!
Done!
Aug 28, 2014, 07:16 AM
Order complete.
Aug 28, 2014, 07:30 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Me three!!!

LURCH
Aug 28, 2014, 12:23 PM
Wowplanes.com
Thanks guys for completing your orders. I just got back from the maiden so will process them as soon as I can.

It was a beautiful Florida morning with no wind so we were at the field just after sun up. I had some trouble with the camcorder that I have not used in a long while. The mic was not working for some reason, so no sound. The quality of the video is also so-so. I really need to invest in a new camcorder, this one is over 10 years old and have been used and abused for too long.

Nevertheless, here is the video. Very uneventful, and that's the way I like my maidens.

Taxi's well. The two motors running on 4S had plenty of power. Most of the flight was at 1/2 throttle. Just a little bit of aileron trim was required. Not much pitching when the flaps were deployed. Just needed a small amount of up elevator. Flaps are very effective and really slow her down. Flies like a bomber should, nice, gentle, and slow. Has a good presence in flight. Without paint it was hard to see at times with the sun being low in the sky. After I paint her, I will make some better videos.

All-in-all we can declare this one a success.
FAHIM

http://youtu.be/OsDsCgLExJM
Aug 28, 2014, 01:16 PM
Congratulations - looks to fly very well - look forward to seeing the completion of this build - great job!
Charles
Aug 28, 2014, 02:08 PM
Oh no, not again!
Way to go Fahim! You're right, the video is a little rough, but the plane appears to be very well mannered. I wish my landings were that smooth. :-)

Regards,
Jeff
Aug 28, 2014, 03:30 PM
Wowplanes.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhspring
Way to go Fahim! You're right, the video is a little rough, but the plane appears to be very well mannered. I wish my landings were that smooth. :-)
Regards,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff, have to be careful not too slow it down too much with the flaps as it comes in for landing. Generally an easy plane to fly though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire1954
Congratulations - looks to fly very well - look forward to seeing the completion of this build - great job!
Charles
Thanks Charles. The completion may take a while. I will be out of commission for most of September, and then I have 3 EDF jet projects in the pipeline.
Aug 28, 2014, 07:30 PM
CH Spring
Well done!

Cheers!
Aug 29, 2014, 08:17 AM
Hehe, at times the video almost had authentic WWII grain and choppiness.

But she seemed to fly great! Looking forward to working on mine, though I suspect I won't be anywhere near as quick to get it together as Fahim!

D.
Aug 29, 2014, 09:10 AM
Wowplanes.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkith
Hehe, at times the video almost had authentic WWII grain and choppiness. But she seemed to fly great! Looking forward to working on mine, though I suspect I won't be anywhere near as quick to get it together as Fahim!
D.
Thanks. I am trying to get the kits shipped before I start my medical leave. I hope I can make it. I still have a few days of work to make her look pretty but that will have to wait until I get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring
Well done!
Cheers!
Thank you.

Quick Reply