Sep 07, 2019, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround
Indeed - realy cool location and flying.

I tried to show how great my skills are when they patently are not As a result, this is it's 5th day in the very top of an oak tree! Now fabricating a release hook so I can try a Mavic rescue but release the cord if it becomes tangled in the tree. I don't want 2 up there! hopefully, this will end up with a fun rescue video for this thread. It's got F7, Xing motors etc. and I really want it back! If I do, I'll enable flip after crash and wrap some bright tape on the arms to help with escapes and spotting in the future! The only bright thing on it is the Strix Hoot antenna and the props - and the props are no longer there ...
I feel you on the quad in a tree. I have mine around 80ft up in a bare bottom pine tree. It has been there since late May...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2019, 10:27 PM
BigDroneFlyer1964 on YouTube
Brief pre-sunrise* flight of my DJI Phantom 3 Standard 09-07-19 (2.7k**) (1) (7 min 17 sec)

Brief pre-sunrise* flight of my DJI Phantom 3 Standard 09-07-19 (2.7k**) (1)

Flight took place (launched anyway) in the airspace over the 3600-block of N. Maple Ave. in Fresno CA. USA at 5:47am PDT on 09-07-19 (or, "2019-09-07T05:47" or "2019 07 September" or even, "Sep. 07, Twenty Stick-Seriously-Fracked-Up-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were mostly clear, temperature was 68F (20C),and winds measured with my portable digital "windometer" (as JD from JD Quad in the UK calls them even though the bloody things are actually called, "anemometers") were generally dead clam at the surface.

The music that you hear is zax from the coin-op arcade video game, "Outrun" (the song is titled, "Passing Breeze") by Sega from 1985.

This product is not audio (sound)-sensitive in any manner; the music may safely be ignored or even muted if it piddles you off.

* Brief pre-sunrise because I wanted to see if the drone's camera could image the ISS (International Space Station) as it whizzed by; this endeavour was completely unsuccessful though as I did not even see it with the naked eye.

Data from the SpotTheStation email that I receive: Sat Sep 07 5:50 AM, Visible: 4 min, Max Height: 42, Appears: 10 above WNW, Disappears: 35 above NE.

** 2.7k because this flight is expected to be brief; a full-length (20 minute) 2.7k video takes approx. six hours to process and upload to YouTube.
Sep 08, 2019, 12:50 PM
Fpv on a Motocross track with my 6inch quad with bi-blade props. It is a lot of fun flying on a track!

H Motocross Pista (2 min 6 sec)
Sep 09, 2019, 03:33 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hundshamer
I feel you on the quad in a tree. I have mine around 80ft up in a bare bottom pine tree. It has been there since late May...
Thanks. Good luck with yours ...

Our Mavic rescue failed! The wretched thing would not hold still enough to lower the hook through a small hole in the canopy to snag the quad. At 25% battery it did manage to get hooked onto the tree My mate was about to pull the emergency release but I managed to wiggle the thing off the branch and land at exactly 20%, still with our rope!

The lower sensors/camera were taped over and disabled due to the release mechanism below the quad. I wondered if this is why it kept drifting so we did a test flight without the sensors and without the release hook. It hovered really well! So, the lipo/servo/UBEC/RX below the Mavic's belly were obviously fooling it's sensors somewhat.

Next attempt will be to use the Mavic and it's release hook to deliver a long rope right over the appropriate bit of tree so we can give it a good, hard shake!

If that fails, it's money to a tree surgeon as they have all the safety climbing gear.
Sep 10, 2019, 07:07 PM
Sunset flight of my DJI Phantom 3 Standard 09-08-19 (1080p*) (2) (19 min 31 sec)

Sunset flight of my DJI Phantom 3 Standard 09-08-19 (1080p*) (2)

Flight took place (launched anyway) in the airspace near a socker pitch, a group of three baseball diamonds, and a canal located between the intersections of E. Dakota Ave. and N. Barton Ave. (to the east) and N. Cedar Ave. (to the west) in Fresno CA. USA at 7:02pm PDT on 09-08-19 (or, "2019-09-08T19:02" or "2019 08 September" or even, "Sep. 08, Twenty Stick-Seriously-Fracked-Up-Stick" if you prefer).

I chose this location specifically because my landlady's husband told me that there was a fair of some kind in the immediate vicinity.
What I actually found were numerous "bouncy houses" for young children to play on and in. Since there were no people (adults OR children) there that I could detect via FPV, I swooped in for a closer look. Yup, bouncy houses alright!

Weather conditions at flight time were mostly sunny becoming mostly clear as the spectral type G2 main sequence yellow dwarf star near the center of our planetary system sank below the horizon, temperature was 81F (27.2C),and winds measured with my portable digital "windometer" (as JD from JD Quad in the UK calls them even though the bloody things are actually called, "anemometers") were generally clam but with occasional gusts variable to 8.4mph (13.52kph) at the surface.

The music that you hear are several songs by the rock group Def Leppard.

This product is not audio (sound)-sensitive in any manner; the music may safely be ignored or even muted if it pisses you off.

After the ~20 minute flight at an ambient temperature of 81F (27.2C), motor temperature was measured at 86.1F (30.06C) on my Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Noncontact IR Thermometer.

Battery temperature was measured at 124.6F (51.44C) with the same thermometer approx. 56 seconds after landing and measuring its temp shortly after measuring the motor temp).

* 1080p because a sub-20 minute 2.7k video takes approx. nine (9) hours to process and upload to YouTube.
Last edited by The_LED_Museum; Sep 10, 2019 at 07:20 PM.
Sep 11, 2019, 07:20 AM
www.JonSmithers.com
Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore Cliff collapse on August 12th. While getting ready to film the cliffs at Pictured Rocks we heard a loud explosion & saw some debris & kayakers 3/4 of mile away & they seemed to be ok. So we started filming again & heard a louder explosion & saw on my tablet the cliff crumbling & turned the Inspire 2 towards the collapsing cliff. We heard screams from the kayakers & went to the collapse to see that everybody was ok. We were anchored 1/4" mile off shore on a pontoon boat.
Pictured Rocks Cliff Sheer near kayakers - 08/12/2019 (1 min 17 sec)

Cheers, Jon
Last edited by gtojon; Sep 11, 2019 at 07:26 AM.
Sep 13, 2019, 01:15 AM
WOW that was absolutely spectacular!!!
Sep 13, 2019, 08:10 AM
Sunset flight of my DJI Phantom 3 Standard 09-09-19 (720p 60fps*) (3) (19 min 20 sec)

Sunset flight of my DJI Phantom 3 Standard 09-09-19 (720p 60fps*) (3)

Flight took place (launched anyway) in the airspace over the perimeter of an artificial lake near the intersection of E. Dakota Ave. and N. Maple Ave. in Fresno CA. USA at 6:56pm PDT on 09-09-19 (or, "2019-09-09T18:56" or "2019 09 September" or even, "Sep. 09, Twenty Stick-Seriously-Fracked-Up-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were mostly sunny becoming mostly clear as the spectral type G2 main sequence yellow dwarf star near the center of our planetary system sank below the horizon, temperature was 84F (28.9C),and winds measured with my portable digital "windometer" (as JD from JD Quad in the UK calls them even though the bloody things are actually called, "anemometers") were generally clam but with occasional gusts variable to 5.60mph (9.02kph) at the surface.

The music that you hear are three songs by Gary Wright, the song, "S.O.S. (Sawed-Of Shotgun)" by the Glorius Sons and the songs, "Spatula" and, "R2D2 (Lives in My Ass)" by the Rochester NY comedy synth electro-punk group Worm Quartet.

This product is not audio (sound)-sensitive in any manner; the music may safely be ignored or even muted if it piddles you off.

After the ~19 minute flight at an ambient temperature of 84F (28.9C), motor temperature was measured at 84.2F (29C) on my Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Noncontact IR Thermometer.

Battery temperature was measured at a slightly toasty 126.6F (52.56C) with the same thermometer approx. 56 seconds after landing and measuring its temp shortly after measuring the motor temperature).

THIS WILL PROBABLY BE MY LAST FLIGHT AT THIS LOCATION!!!
This is because the homeowner across Dakota Ave. cussed me out as I was heading home; basically telling me to, "keep that $#7 away from my house!" (I wasn't flying anywhere NEAR his house!!!). Since I don't know if he's a gun owner who would resort to shooting my drone out of the sky or even shooting ME, I've decided to excersize the better part of valour and simply not fly here any longer.

* 720p 60fps because a sub-20 minute 2.7k video takes approx. nine (9) hours to process and upload to YouTube!
Sep 15, 2019, 01:45 PM
Iflight minih3 fun in reyerpark (2 min 4 sec)
Sep 15, 2019, 07:55 PM
That's some mighty fine flying and in a beautiful location as well!!!
I half expected to see some nice big dragonflies over/near that pond!!!
Sep 16, 2019, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_LED_Museum
That's some mighty fine flying and in a beautiful location as well!!!
I half expected to see some nice big dragonflies over/near that pond!!!
Thanks...it's a real nice park close to my home
Sep 16, 2019, 04:08 PM
Somewhat brief pre-sunrise* birthday flight of my DJI Phantom 3 Standard 09-15-19 (2.7k 24fps**) (1) (9 min 21 sec)

Somewhat brief pre-sunrise* birthday flight of my DJI Phantom 3 Standard 09-15-19 (2.7k 24fps**) (1)

Flight took place (launched anyway) in the airspace over the 3600-block of N. Maple Ave. in Fresno CA. USA at 5:47am PDT on 09-15-19 (or, "2019-09-15T05:47" or "2019 15 September" or even, "Sep. 15, Twenty Stick-Seriously-Fracked-Up-Stick" if you prefer).

Weather conditions at flight time were mostly clear, temperature was 63F (17.2C),and winds measured with my portable digital "windometer" (as JD from JD Quad in the UK calls them even though the bloody things are actually called, "anemometers") were generally dead clam at the surface.

The music that you hear are the songs, "Best Day Ever" from the SpongeBob SquarePants episode of the same name, "21st Century Digital Boy" by Bad Religion and, "Candy-O" by the Cars.

* Somewhat brief pre-sunrise because I wanted to see if the drone's camera could image the ISS (International Space Station) as it whizzed by; this endeavour was completely unsuccessful during the last three attempts.
The ISS appeared right on schedule, but it was a bit dimmer than expected -- visual magnitude appeared to be somewhere between 0 and +1; although it was easily visible to the naked eye, its azimuth was too high during the brightest portion of its flyover and I'm uncertain as to whether or not the drone's camera was able to image it when it was lower and dimmer. In any case, it was somewhat of a letdown -- the party guest who took a plop in the punchbowl as it were :-(

(Edit) At 7:35 into the video, look at the very top edge of the video just right of center!!! That moving white dot is the ISS!!!

Data from the SpotTheStation email that I receive: Sun Sep 15, 5:50 AM PDT, visible for 5 min, maximum azimuth 30, appears 13 above WNW, disappears 11 above SSE.

** 2.7kp 24fps because this flight is expected to be at least somewhat brief though still requiring at least five hours to process & upload; a full-length (20 minute) 2.7k video takes approx. nine (9) hours to process and upload to YouTube.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:04 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_LED_Museum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVGygXDgwg

Somewhat brief pre-sunrise* birthday flight of my DJI Phantom 3 Standard 09-15-19 (2.7k 24fps**) (1)
Need to shut off your front red nav lights in the App to get rid of the lens flare at night, I have a App for the ISS on my iPad Pro I fly my DJI's with...never seen it move that slow when I get to see it, sure is kinda cool isn't it....you looking at them and they are probably looking down at you too....Fly safe there brother. Oh and just film in 1080 60, quit all the switching back and forth....to save time for this and that. I edit in YouTube and just upload when I go to bed at night...no muss and fuss.
Sep 18, 2019, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Need to shut off your front red nav lights in the
How exactly do you turn off the front red nav lights?

PLEASE DISREGARD -- I FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT!!!
Last edited by The_LED_Museum; Sep 18, 2019 at 11:51 PM.
Sep 19, 2019, 03:27 AM
AcroBee Brushless : Beta-test no. 3 (2 min 52 sec)

Quick Reply