Liftopresso (F5D Limited) - RC Groups
Apr 08, 2004, 11:08 PM
OK, Who's Flying The Jet?

Liftopresso (F5D Limited)

Does anyone have any specifications on the Liftopresso, i.e. empty weight, airfoil etc? Where can I get one of these?

What is it? It is an F5D Limited.

Here is a link that shows a picture (it is toward the bottom of the link): http://www.f5d.org/modelle/modelle.shtml

I am trying to see if it can be a solution for a plane that meets the following requirements posted on this thread?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hlight=projeti

Cheers,

Chuck
Last edited by Talon Driver; Apr 08, 2004 at 11:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2004, 02:41 AM
I plan to take over world
It's a mix of the Experesso and LiftOff xxS and I don't think it's commercially available. It was made before TurnLeft become available and it would be as good IMO.
/Antti
Apr 09, 2004, 05:34 AM

Lift'o'Presso

Hi Chuck,

that's my plane.
As Antti stated, it's a mixture of a Simprop Lift Off XXS wing and a Expresso (Martin Schlief's 99' F5D Maschine) fuse.
It's not avaliable commercially. Better try to get a "Turn Left". It is as fast as my "Lift'o'Presso". But looks better :-)

Airfoil is MH 43. Weight is approx 800 gramm. Engine is a 21 turns car motor (Dr.Speed ) powered by 7x 2/3RC Sanyos and 5,5x5,5 CAM prop
...and it is by far faster than any Projeti.

hope that helps! if you need more information, email me.
regards
Peter
Apr 09, 2004, 07:24 PM

Lift Off XXS or a Turn Left?

Which is Better, Turn Left or a Liftoff XXS? I know they have the very same wing. Their fuselages are only different?

Do you know if a brick of 8 cell 4/5 FAUPs will fit in their fuselages?

Do you think one of these fits my description for what I am looking for in this thread? Specifically will they soar at all?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ghlight=projeti

I know I don't need one, but I would really like a rudder. I would even like to have flaps for spoilers and use the ailerons as is and not as spoilerons. Is either one of this models have a rudder option?

How can I order one? The Sim Prop linik in Deutschland does not provide much information.

Cheers,

Chuck
Apr 11, 2004, 01:14 PM

Turn Left Kit for F5D Limited

I too have been trying to obtain the Turn Left kit from Simprop.
We want to create a F5D Limited class here in Canada. This design looks like a perfect model for what we want in F5D Limited with a brushless motor. I really like the clean lines of this model and wing shape.

I have emailed to Simprop but have received no response. I suspect that they do not sell direct. I have emailed New Creations in the USA and they are interested in importing the kit to N. America but no response from them so far. Low priority I suspect.

I am also going through some of my racing distributors such as H&M Racing here in Canada but no progress. Can anyone tell me how I can obtain two of these Turn Left kits ??? I am interested in the kit which does not yet have the wing covered. I want to add a spar to the wing and some center section reinforcement for a brushless motor such as Mega 16/15/4 or 5 turn.

I want to get at least two kits to evaluate performance with various battery and prop combinations. This kit could be very popular here in western Canada with possible spill over into USA for a F5D Limited class. There is lots of interested in "limited" but not too many want to get into full blown F5D.

If anyone can help me to obtain these kits please email me. pylon.guy@shaw.ca thank you.

Randy Smith
Apr 11, 2004, 01:49 PM
Contact them :

http://www.hoellein.de/

They ship to the US so they should also ship to Canada.

Sending mails to companies is always difficult. They have a spam-filter and if for some reason you have the wron phrase in content or adress you are out. But that is a normal problem with the emails. Nobody can afford reading all contents like "question". A good content which is very unlikely for spam is necessary.
Apr 11, 2004, 04:44 PM

Spar

Hi Randy,

sorry,that I cannot help you regarding any contacts how to get a Turn Left.
But as Eike already said: Höllein is worth to contact.
BTW: Even here in germany it's not avaliable yet.

Good news about the spar in the wings. Simprop will ship the wing with a spar and other enforcements.

regards
Peter
Apr 11, 2004, 08:05 PM
Thank you for the information.
I also had a tip to try Quartel in Holland.

If it is not yet available in Germany then I must wait for sure. Please advise how it flys in Germany when you get them going. I am eager to hear about them.

Randy
Apr 11, 2004, 10:13 PM

Anyone Think the Turn Left will Meet These Requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Driver
I am trying to see if it can be a solution for a plane that meets the following requirements posted on this thread?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hlight=projeti
Anyone familiar with the Turn Left or Lift Off XXs think they can fulfill the criteria at the aforementioned link?

Cheers,

Chuck