This thread is privately moderated by Xpress.., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 16, 2016, 07:58 AM
Build, crash, repeat...
I've had accidents with both glow and electric, with scars to prove it. My main warning to electric flyers is that unlike glow, the motor will start any time the throttle is advanced. There have been occasions, especially on my flying wings, where I'm working on one while my transmitter is dangling from its strap, and I've bumped the throttle. Now, I've programmed a throttle lock into the gear switch on my relatively old DX7. Have the two positions labeled "GO!" and "NO!"
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2017, 02:47 AM
Suspended Account
Ditto, I'd like a dollar every time I have been bitten, these days I treat all props as unguarded circular saws, even IC donks!
The secret with EP is leave the prop off 'till you are ready to fly, simple. Never stand in the prop arc & assume it's going to start at any time.
With IC I secure the model s it can't escape, I always have a remote glo-plug lead & never start the motor above idle, I immediately stand behind the motor once it's started, i NEVER stand in the prop arc or ahead of any running motor above idle, I have the scars from years past to prove that R/C is deadly !