http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-Galax...-p-931314.html

Description:
Brand: WLtoys
Item No: V353
Item name: Galaxy V353 RC Quadcopter
Main material: foam
Flying radius: about 80-130 meter

Features:
Can exchange the function spare part as you want.
Flying radius: about 80-130 meter
Durable material made
2.4GHz frequency receive
360°unlimited eversion
4 channel
6 axis Gyroscope
Headless mode

Package included:
1 x Galaxy V353 Quadcopter
1 x Transmitter
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2014, 09:22 AM
What ! It's very ugly quadcopter, poor designer.
Jul 23, 2014, 01:42 PM

How will this perform in the wind?

That body and gear design looks like it will create some serious wind resistance issues similar to the Syma X5C. I'd be really hesitant to buy this until I see some reviews of how this handles in the wind.
Aug 07, 2014, 02:46 PM
I got mine yesterday and am quite impressed. It flys very well and 'Headless' mode also works extremely well. I also have a Wltoys V222 which I like very much except it's easy to become disorientated at a distance and with no 'Headless' mode it can make it difficult - the V353 solves this problem nicely.
Aug 14, 2014, 02:51 AM
CK, what kind of flight time do you get from the stock battery? What's your opinion of the quad now that you have it for a week?
Aug 14, 2014, 02:53 AM
Oh and also, does it have enough power to lift a mobius?
Aug 14, 2014, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKane
I got mine yesterday and am quite impressed. It flys very well and 'Headless' mode also works extremely well. I also have a Wltoys V222 which I like very much except it's easy to become disorientated at a distance and with no 'Headless' mode it can make it difficult - the V353 solves this problem nicely.

Can you check if you can bind the V353 with a V262 TX for example ?
Aug 14, 2014, 07:08 PM
A noob question, what is "Headless Mode"?
Aug 14, 2014, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverside
CK, what kind of flight time do you get from the stock battery? What's your opinion of the quad now that you have it for a week?
I get 8 1/2 to 9 minutes of flight time with stock battery (2S 850mah).

I like this quad very much; the LEDs are very bright and make night flying super fun. I use the camera that came with my V222 and, as with the V222, I can toggle video on/off or take still photos simply by pushing buttons on the Tx. This is another reason I like this quad, it has identical ports as the V222 for camera and other accessories.

I had a V303 which, after significant work, I got flying perfectly - the 'Altitude Hold' and 'Return To Home' were amazing but I could never figure out if any of the Tx controls would start/stop videos or trigger stills nor what the ports were used for so I sold it.

This V353 has no RTH or 'Altitude Hold' but the 'Headless' mode works great and is all I need at a fraction of the V303 price. When switched on, Tx defaults to 'Non-Headless' mode; I always fly in 'Headless Mode' which is initiated by holding the lower right button pressed for two seconds which, unfortunately, results in one annoying side effect - a constant stream of 'beeps' at approximately one second intervals. The purpose, of course, is to remind the operator that 'Headless' mode is active but I would prefer a visual indication on the LCD screen instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Can you check if you can bind the V353 with a V262 TX for example ?
My V222 Tx (which I believe is the same as the V262) does indeed bind with the V353 and all functions work identically (except of course there is no 'Headless' mode).

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverside
Oh and also, does it have enough power to lift a mobius?
Quad motors seem quite strong and accelerate quad up very rapidly with throttle so it could probably lift a Mobius but the styrofoam 'legs' are just plugged into the body (I added clear packing tape to insure they don't fall out) and seem pretty delicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrss
A noob question, what is "Headless Mode"?
Relative to take-off direction, in 'Headless Mode' Quad will:
- always move left when stick is moved left/always move right when stick is moved right.
- always move forward when stick is moved forward/always move back when stick is moved back.
regardless of whether the front is facing away from the operator or not.
Sep 01, 2014, 11:35 AM
foamies never die
Cool - so this is a re-dressed V262 at a cheaper price !

I see there are a bunch of accessories including a full HD camera with an anti vibration mount for a decent price.

Nice !
Sep 01, 2014, 01:07 PM
I think if you ditch the foam bits you got a V262 basically in white for 10.oo cheaper! I got a similar quad with minor differences. Must come from the same factory built to brand specs. Review is here at:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post29233771
Mar 10, 2015, 03:54 PM
Enigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainonyme
What ! It's very ugly quadcopter, poor designer.
thats what, even i though when i first looked at it!
Mar 30, 2015, 12:15 PM

Hj370?

Is this the same as a HJ370?
I need parts
Apr 20, 2015, 03:20 PM
Hi. I'm dennis from germany. I just got my Galaxy v353. It works quite good, but I'm not able to activate headless mode. Is there anybody that can tell me how to activate? Thank you and kind greetings.

Quick Reply