MultiONE - 1 meter multihull class (developomental) - Page 5 - RC Groups
Sep 20, 2014, 12:21 PM
Jim, what is the angle of incidence of the main foil and rudder foil referenced to the static waterline? Looks like you're close to getting it right. Good Luck!
Last edited by DLord; Sep 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2015, 08:43 AM
Experimental Enthusiast

Another Foam MultiONE Cat

MultiONE Foam Cat (1 min 29 sec)
Feb 23, 2015, 09:48 AM
Hey Jim ......
what is the distance back from bow to mast ----and also from bow to front of boards?

Just trying to compare some 1 meter designs.

Thanks, Dick
Mar 13, 2016, 11:13 PM
My new "Box" design fits easily inside the MultiONe class rules. we have moulds now and are delivering a couple of kits to the US

Production boat 1st sail
One Metre foiling trimaran ready for production (7 min 6 sec)

Production boat 2nd sail
One Metre foiling trimaran - second outing (8 min 3 sec)

Production boat 3rd sail:
One Metre trimaran 3rd outing (6 min 45 sec)
Mar 14, 2016, 07:21 AM
Ian, how do people order these??
Mar 16, 2016, 03:38 PM
The wind is free, go sailing!
I Googled PerthMini40Man and found this price sheet, but no way to order...
http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/mul...tml#post766461
Mar 16, 2016, 04:11 PM
Thomas Armstrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchy101
I Googled PerthMini40Man and found this price sheet, but no way to order...
http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/mul...tml#post766461
Send him a PM. I already got my quote.
Jan 20, 2017, 04:47 PM
Just a bump of this thread from early 2016..... Would be great to see some posts on status of ordered boats.

Also would request personal info of owners --- especially here in US so I can build an owners contact list. Please send to me via personal message.
Jan 20, 2017, 04:54 PM
Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day. Was thinking of putting together some 3D printable files for cross beam/hull connectors.
Jan 20, 2017, 07:13 PM
When my original MultiONE tri was shipped back after what appears to be some major abuse, I found one of my carbon tubes glued to rear port float had been torn loose. Closer inspection showed the tube let go along glue joint BUT the carbon tube was also split!!!

It was like the owner (or??) took the rear carbon cross tube and pulled it loose, (or it was hit from the rear by the bow of another competitor) causing the glue joint to fail and at the same time to split the tube lengthwise. Whatever or however, it took a hell of a hit to break the WEST SYSTEM and split a wrapped carbon tube to bust the rear crossbeam loose from the float. On top, the former owner asked me to consider return of the cost------after two years use and the damage. Obviously I declined and have a refurbish project for summer. Will keep and sail it to promote multihulls locally.
Oct 08, 2017, 05:40 PM
UPDATE: further inspection indicates cracks on all three bows (maybe hit retaining wall), no hatch cover returned, missing extra "T-rudder", and large crack across bottom of main hull (maybe a grounding) - so it looks like it will be next summer sailing season before all is corrected. Haven't looked at sails and rigging yet. Will try to get a start on this until snow flies - which might not be too long. Leaves are falling already.
Oct 09, 2017, 03:52 PM
I hate to see a precious boat so badly treated or sailed. This person, who returned a boat so damaged has no business in our sport. And to have the nerve to ask for his investment back. Really?

Just try to do that with a car dealer!
Oct 09, 2017, 05:06 PM
Fortunately, this was my prototype and I had more heart than money invested in it. Had I not sold it, I probably would have opted to build a second hull and see how it would have sailed as a NACRA F-18 catamaran "look alike".

I've already used the Dremel with a cone shaped grinding "burr" and cut back the portion of the hull with the bow and ready to build up the areas (about 1/2 inch wide) with strips of 1/2 oz. epoxy/cloth. Strips getting wide closer to the exterior hull surface. Will add some micro balloons and then resurface area. If weather holds, I hope to get all the glass work done before snow and maybe hit our local pond for a few minutes to test sail. I did find the mast base was missing and the base of the carbon mast had pushed through the top of the hull. Found it loose and rolling around in bottom of hull. Just another repair but not a difficult one.

Dick
Oct 10, 2017, 12:39 PM
A cool looking set of hulls. It will be good, Dick, if you can get it out on the water before the water there is iced over. But if you can't then take your time and get it "right" for next season. I think everyone on this site would like your phoenix rise from that destruction.
Oct 10, 2017, 03:15 PM
Thank you.

Just in contact with a former F48 owner who is currently building an F48 catamaran. I've invited him to join the Forums, and keep us updated as he moves forward.

Where are you located (for reference)?