MultiONE - 1 meter multihull class (developomental) - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jun 14, 2014, 09:30 AM
You are welcome.

Would have tried answering in German, but very "rusty" since my mom passed away. No one nearby to practice on. She was born in Berlin.

Will give it a try, however ........ "Nichts zu danken" I think !
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2014, 03:15 PM
wolfgang
Perfect!

(I had an Italian friend in my summer vacation, who grew up bilingual. I was always jealous of him. )
Last edited by tuppesw; Jun 14, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
Jun 15, 2014, 06:21 AM
wolfgang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerominded
Yep, that is basically "backwinding" - at least, as simply as can be done with models
Yep, the right impulse just in time to help the cat keep on turning

Schlueter Tornado 2014 06 04 c-rig 1 (3 min 20 sec)

BTW: with a classic trimaran the tacks should be much easier.
Jun 15, 2014, 11:08 AM
That's it... I need to build a Multi!
Jun 15, 2014, 11:20 AM
It's more work to build, but I would start with a trimaran as first effort. You won't get caught having as many tacking problems as you will with a cat. Just thinkin'

I'm trying to remember if I sent Jack Rhonda (up in Washington) the plans for PULSE (a UK Mini40 champion) in Minin40 size, or reduced to MultiONE size. My MutiONE was designed to be either a trimaran, or just build two main hulls for a catamaran configuration. Hulls were shaped of insulation house foam (extruded - not expanded) and covered by packaging tape, then hulls covered with glass and after fairing, removed from the foam for hollow hulls - although foam could be left inside (slightly more weight) hollowed for radio gear, and faster construction.

Dick
Jun 15, 2014, 12:30 PM
On the same page for sure- considering both options but a trimaran is in many ways more familiar to me, conceptually.

Jun 17, 2014, 08:04 PM
For anyone interested, here is a set of lines for a 1 Meter catamaran based on Alinghi 5 that were draw by our good friend Claudio - date was 2005 "Not full plans, but enough info that an experienced builder could probably work from these for a 1 meter class multihull.
Jun 17, 2014, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L.
For anyone interested, here is a set of lines for a 1 Meter catamaran based on Alinghi 5 that were draw by our good friend Claudio - date was 2005 "Not full plans, but enough info that an experienced builder could probably work from these for a 1 meter class multihull.
Thank You!! Claudio is a Master!

Jun 23, 2014, 02:48 AM
Foiling trials with fixed L-foils:

foiling (1 min 27 sec)

Pretty primitive foils constructed from model hell blades, but promising.
Jun 23, 2014, 05:35 AM
Try bearing off to about 120 degrees off the wind until speed builds then bring it up higher.
I am impressed that it that it started to lift going into the wind.
Jun 25, 2014, 01:28 PM

Itīs still all there!

Take one of the two 65 cm trimaran plans and scale them up to 1 meter,
or take one of the two Mini40 trimaran plans and scale them down - same with the riggs - they all work very well! At all sizes.

And all four are far better designs than the single "Wavedancer 36" (not 39") Iīve built back in 2001 or 2002...

The Armageddon is the simplest design, the Mk.VIII the most complex -
your choice!

Have fun building your own scratch built trimaran.

Ernst Zemann

And the last pic shows a very well done scratch built Mini40 "Nightmare Mk.VIII" done by a 27 yo. Australian!

Your turn!
Last edited by disabled; Jun 25, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
Jun 30, 2014, 04:06 PM
So who starts building?
Jun 30, 2014, 07:37 PM
Ernst - I have one of each .... one (F48) close to ready (needs electronics) the other is a set of foam hulls (65M). As before, I want to see what Joysway introduces before I get too excited. Once they make something available, I then want to see what kind of reception a multihull gets from the US sailors. I'm not going down that old road to build only to find less than a dozen boats on the water, with fewer willing to travel.

I found out back in the "old" days, that the "horse comes before the cart" !

We'll see how the interest develops, and I've been in touch with Roland, about bringing in a batch of his boats - either as kit - or ARTS
Jun 30, 2014, 08:08 PM
Quote:
I'm not going down that old road to build only to find less than a dozen boats on the water, with fewer willing to travel.
Why not? Most, if not all RC classes started with a few boats and fewer willing to travel.

finish yours- be seen sailing at your lake, having fun. Find others in your area and give them an opportunity to try sailing a multi. Who knows where that will lead?

Worst case, you will have a boat or boats that you will enjoy sailing.

Quote:
I found out back in the "old" days, that the "horse comes before the cart" !
Blaze the trail- it does not need to be instantly "big time".

That said, Multi-One is on my list.
Jun 30, 2014, 10:08 PM
@Aerominded

Ha - spoken like someone who has close to 365 days a year of potential sailing weather!

"Some of us" had official "Ice Out" on lakes around the early part of May - other lakes and ponds were still ice bound going into the last several weeks of May. This year, excluding any unnaturally cold weather, we probably can start sailing in mid June through early-to-mid October (Hopefully 4 months this year - maybe squeeking out a few more). Although NOT a normal winter, I would say that given 8 more months of possible sailing time, I "might" be more interested in building on speculation basis. Remember - a multihull of F48 - Mini40 size is the equivalent of building two (cat) or three (trimaran) Marblehead boats - albeit with only one rig. That's a ton of building effort in the "hopes" some others will do the same and then travel to race.

Just a different outlook. - If you build - will it be a trimaran or catamaran? Just curious.

Cheers, Dick