Sep 24, 2014, 09:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_flyer
Any news on where this will be available as a kit, and when?
The S.E.5a will be kitted by Dumas. As soon as I finish the paperwork it'll all be submitted and they can get started on the kit developement when it fits their schedule. Meanwhile, for those who need to get one in the fleet right away, the plans are available from MAN to scratch build.

PAT
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2014, 09:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineEar
Very nice build. I always loved the way these planes handle.
What did you use for the tail-skid material?
The tailskid assembly is built up wit balsa outfill over a 1/32 ply core with 1/32 ply doublers on the aft sectin. Makes for a stout set up that so far has held up very well.

PAT
Sep 27, 2014, 01:04 PM
Well I thought I would have my set of plans from AirAge/MAN for Pat's SE5a, but what do I find when I open the envelope, but a set of drawings for an Ivan Pettigrew DH90! I noticed with my last order of plans from AirAge that they are coming from some guy (CJ Olson?) out of Wayzata, MN. I also ordered a setoff Pat's "Jaws" Orca boat plans. He got that one right.
So I just sent a message to AirAge.
Will have to wait and see if they get this one resolved. $28 is a lot for a set of plans, and then to not even get ones for a plane you wanted, but one I don't really even care for.
10/1 - no response from air age on the web contact form, so I called the phone number listed on their contact page. Will have to wait and see if they fix the mixup.
Last edited by jonquinn; Oct 01, 2014 at 09:17 PM.
Oct 15, 2014, 07:29 AM
Senile Member
I received my plans from Air Age, opened the envelop and instead of an S.E.5a I found plans for an Ivan Pettigrew de Havilland DH-90 Dragonfly. I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed. After all, I already have plans for a Rake designed S.E.5a and a Uravitch designed S.E.5a

Larry
Last edited by Lnagel; Oct 15, 2014 at 07:34 AM.
Oct 15, 2014, 07:34 AM
The AirAge customer service was not the easiest to deal with. No email response, and it took several phone calls. Finally, They told me the correct plans will be mailed today. Apparently the PR firm in MN that prints these only prints and mails out plans on wednesdays.

I wonder if this PR firm is even allowed to sell Ivan Pettigrew plans?
Oct 15, 2014, 08:09 AM
Senile Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn
The AirAge customer service was not the easiest to deal with. No email response, and it took several phone calls. Finally, They told me the correct plans will be mailed today. Apparently the PR firm in MN that prints these only prints and mails out plans on wednesdays.

I wonder if this PR firm is even allowed to sell Ivan Pettigrew plans?
I also used the Air Age on line contact form to inform them of their error. After reading your post I probably should ring them up immediately. The Pettigrew DH-90 is an article in the November issue of Electric Flight so I imagine plans are available through Air Age.

Larry
Oct 15, 2014, 09:42 AM
You will need to call their phone number on the contact page, or 888-235-2021 (gets you to the same receptionist) and ask for a Pauli. You will need to call after 3pm EST as she must only work the afternoon shift. She apparently handles issues with plans sales for them.
Should have mentioned this in my last post.
Oct 15, 2014, 02:36 PM
Senile Member
Thank you for the advice. I already called this morning using the 888 number. I don't know to whom I spoke, but she said the correct plans would be sent. If nothing happens within the next two weeks I'll see if I can contact Pauli.

Larry
Oct 25, 2014, 07:31 PM
Senile Member
Today, ten days after informing Air Age of their error, I received the correct set of plans in the mail. Two or three days after I informed them of their error Air Age did notified me by telephone that the correct set of plans would be sent this week, and so they were. They did not ask me to return the DH-90 plans so I guess I got a free set. The Pettigrew Dragonfly looks to be a fine model. I will be taking advantage of having a set of plans for it.

I think I found the reason for the mix up in plans. According to the web site the SKU for the SE5a is X1114A and the SKU for the DH-90 is K1114A. I guess the person filling out the orders has a problem differentiating between X and K. In any case, I am happy with the sevice I received from Air Age.

Larry
May 19, 2015, 10:28 AM
Any word on the laser cut short kit being available?
May 19, 2015, 11:25 AM
Thread OP
Auto_flyer, The SE5 isn't coming out as a Short Kit, but is going to be released as a full kit from Dumas. Can't say when that might be though.

PAT
May 19, 2015, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle
Auto_flyer, The SE5 isn't coming out as a Short Kit, but is going to be released as a full kit from Dumas. Can't say when that might be though.

PAT
Ok Sorry to be repetitive, I forgot that we'd already had that conversation. I'll keep an eye out for the kit on the Dumas site.
Nov 24, 2015, 10:08 PM
I called Dumas today to see if this kit is getting close. They said they have parts coming in next week for a new kit but wasn't sure if it is this one. If it is this one it will still be several months before it is ready to release. Not going to make it in time for a winter project.
Oct 12, 2017, 11:35 AM
Anyone have any info on this? Dumas still don't have it listed on their site. Maybe they decided not to kit it? Would like to know what is going on with it.
Oct 12, 2017, 01:42 PM
Thread OP
grn, Last I heard it's still slated for release, just don't know when. The best bet is to call Dumas and inquire as to when it might be out.

PAT

Quick Reply