HobbyKing Quanum DIY FPV Goggle Set with Monitor (KIT) - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jun 12, 2014, 08:40 PM
Eye in the Sky
BACKORDERED......So.....a product you most likely will not see for some time to come .
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2014, 09:09 PM
Tally Ho!
I am still laughing.
Jun 12, 2014, 10:09 PM
I think this is great and you guys should order who are sitting on the fence for FPV. I built the set that comes from UK with the foam pieces and ordered the 3.5 LCD from ebay. Those do NOT blue screen. Very good cheap option for dabbling in FPV. I can always spend more later. This looks even better. But it has a 16:9 screen, and without a 16:9 camera that can do the anamorphic squeeze, the image will look stretched if you want to use the full panel. So you will use the 4:3 mode to get correct image. So my 3.5 image is essentially the same thing. We need 16:9 cameras to support this. 16:9 is superior in every way (human vison is more an oval, not a square), that's why HDTV's are all 16:9.

This is the monitor I have and it does not blue screen. The one with the chrome trim. Many seller have it here in the USA.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-TFT-LCD-...item58a13d8123
Last edited by shahram72; Jun 12, 2014 at 10:16 PM.
Jun 12, 2014, 10:11 PM
Wait...what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusunokimasahige
I am still laughing.
Yeh? Care to share the joke?
Jun 12, 2014, 11:45 PM
Multirotor Enthusiast
Here's some more information about it.

HobbyKing Daily - Quanum DIY FPV Goggle:
HobbyKing Daily - Quanum DIY FPV Goggle (5 min 57 sec)
Jun 13, 2014, 01:26 AM
Can anyone tell me please where to get a 4.3 monitor that doesn't have blue screen?

Thanks
Jun 13, 2014, 01:40 AM
Sent by Touch Typing
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishawhunk
Can anyone tell me please where to get a 4.3 monitor that doesn't have blue screen?

Thanks
It would appear that this is the appeal of the Quanum job, the thing is getting one of these little screens (as mentioned in the video) that does not blue screen seems near impossible. HK got a special batch done.
Jun 13, 2014, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket
It would appear that this is the appeal of the Quanum job, the thing is getting one of these little screens (as mentioned in the video) that does not blue screen seems near impossible. HK got a special batch done.
I am pretty sure the trick is only the firmware.
Jun 13, 2014, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd
I am pretty sure the trick is only the firmware.
Firmware and a screenbuffer to show a static image.
Someone mentioned a DVR in line with a normal monitor would do the trick too, but I'm sure it will add latency.
Jun 13, 2014, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket
Thanks mate think you could be right
Jun 13, 2014, 03:34 AM
Just another FPV addicted teen
How about just adding a simple $15 OSD? And running the video through that then through the monitor? It will display the voltage of your GS as well!
Jun 13, 2014, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOaMmaSh87
How about just adding a simple $15 OSD? And running the video through that then through the monitor? It will display the voltage of your GS as well!
it will, but Why?
Jun 13, 2014, 03:58 AM
Sent by Touch Typing
Quote:
I'll run it off the ground station, I could run it for a week .... mmm pity I couldn't stay out flying for that long, never mind, I knew there was a reason .
Jun 13, 2014, 03:59 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Yes you can add any OSD you want, just plug the video out from the camera to the osd and from the OSD to the video transmitter (most OSD's work like this, if not all)
Jun 13, 2014, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd
Yeah... Another fool day from HK. I will keep the order thogh...

The resolution ends up with:
480x360 for 4:3 aspect ratio
480x270 for 16:9 aspect ratio
It sound quite a bad resolution

Just order mine too .. let see if this is going to be better then my cheap old hobbyking goggle that cost be 80$ quite some time ago

I'm surprise that with this low resolution anybody could prefer these goggle then the traditional one with "full" composite video resolution ... like the guy from HobbyKing say in the video, that he now prefer to use these