HobbyKing Quanum DIY FPV Goggle Set with Monitor (KIT) - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jun 11, 2014, 02:40 PM
Dixie Normious
One ordered. Well be for guys wanting to go for the ride with me lol
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2014, 03:54 PM
Poland - Warsaw
Good price but the resolution.. I am not sure if it is not too low...
Jun 11, 2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah, lets wait the ver2 wich I suggest to be 5" 800x480. 40 Buck is too deep...
5" 800x480 can buy from ibay now for 22 buck. But it bluescreen at last if full static.
Jun 11, 2014, 04:25 PM
Sent by Touch Typing
On my Eco Goggles I have a 5" 800x480 screen the picture is great, but I find the blue screen flashes very annoying, so I will try these, a good solution for the price and keep my fingers crossed about the resolution not being too bad. A ski mask mod will be in order, I think to help with fitting along with my glasses.

The ebay ones FPVKing refers to are very good, but some (like me) will find the blue screen too annoying.
Jun 11, 2014, 11:40 PM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
I fly with something very similar to these, also just purchased these earlier today. You will not notice the 480X270 compared to the FatSharks its the same image. Also for us that have eye issues these are the only way to go, since you can wear your regular glasses while having these on.
If you have ever had FatSharks on and they cause you to have headaches, or you just cant focus right, or its just something weird, a single screen is the best way to go.
Jun 12, 2014, 12:19 AM
Wait...what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjz89civic
I fly with something very similar to these, also just purchased these earlier today. You will not notice the 480X270 compared to the FatSharks its the same image. Also for us that have eye issues these are the only way to go, since you can wear your regular glasses while having these on.
If you have ever had FatSharks on and they cause you to have headaches, or you just cant focus right, or its just something weird, a single screen is the best way to go.
Yep, I've got weird Astigmatic vision and I just can't get goggles to work for me. I've built a homemade version of these with a low res 3" screen and they work great, except for the blue screen issue.

For $30 I think I'll be giving these a try... but I'll wait for the first run to reach the end users first

Reviews please!
Geoff
Jun 12, 2014, 12:58 AM
Sent by Touch Typing
Mine has despatched woo hoo!

Re the Fatsharks, they work ok for me but it is just ok, blurry and the OSD is barely readable, and I know it will only get worse, so time to look for an alternative. Tried a screen in the back of the car, it was ok, but not the same.
Jun 12, 2014, 01:17 AM
Wait...what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket
Mine has despatched woo hoo!

Re the Fatsharks, they work ok for me but it is just ok, blurry and the OSD is barely readable, and I know it will only get worse, so time to look for an alternative. Tried a screen in the back of the car, it was ok, but not the same.
Right now I'm using an 8" monitor with a big deep (diy) sunshade mounted on a tripod. I basically fly with my head stuck in a box looks goofy from the outside but the ride is quite immersive.
Jun 12, 2014, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmarsh
Right now I'm using an 8" monitor with a big deep (diy) sunshade mounted on a tripod. I basically fly with my head stuck in a box looks goofy from the outside but the ride is quite immersive.
I bet with these you will have about the same immersive perception due to Fresnel lens that sits in front of monitor.
Jun 12, 2014, 02:04 AM
Wait...what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd
I bet with these you will have about the same immersive perception due to Fresnel lens that sits in front of monitor.
Agreed, my homemade version uses a 3" screen with a fresnel lens and it is quite immersive but the blue screen problem detracts from the experience.
Jun 12, 2014, 02:48 AM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC

HobbyKing Quanum DIY FPV Goggle Set with Monitor (KIT)

For you High Res guys lol DX.com has a 960x??? 4.3 inch screen but does not talk about blue screen. Although I am not sure how much a 600 pixel camera actually transmits and gets received by the monitor.
Jun 12, 2014, 05:40 AM
Why can't we use a WiFi Smartphone for this purpose? With their internal GPS and motionsensors, we would even have headtracking a.s.o.
Jun 12, 2014, 06:06 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Lampe
Why can't we use a WiFi Smartphone for this purpose? With their internal GPS and motionsensors, we would even have headtracking a.s.o.
Wifi? this is for a FPV receiver, like 5.8ghz. This can work as long as you plug the av cable in, but Wifi has a annoying lag...
Jun 12, 2014, 08:30 AM
WannaBeLikeJoshTheSlowJet
Build video available now :

HobbyKing Live - Quanum DIY FPV Goggle Build Video (16 min 55 sec)
Jun 12, 2014, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos
yeah, good video.
Imagine the plastic lock mechanism of the straps pushing on your scruff for 30 min flight... definitely not very inspired! Will use some kind of rubber straps like the fatshark uses.