Jun 08, 2014, 06:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Let's See Those Sig Planes!

Was looking at my kits today and noted many Sig designs on the shelves. I grew up building Sig model planes and never found one I didn't like. There is a Kougar, a Citabria, a Smith Miniplane, a Skybolt biplane, a Liberty Sport biplane and a 1/7th J-3 Cub. Thought I'd post a picture or two of my just maidened (Thursday) scratch/plan built Sig Astro-Hog ( previously posted on RC Groups) to get things rolling. Jump in and post photos of your completed Sig projects, past or recent, and share your thoughts on these great Sig designs.

Soft landings,

Joe
Last edited by piperjoe; Jun 10, 2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Replaced plane photo links with recent photos.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2014, 03:13 PM
Gravity sucks.
Kobra w no gear and Eflite Power 25 EF1 motor on 4S. fast and fun!
Jun 09, 2014, 06:40 PM
Thread OP
Nice looking Kobra! I really like the color scheme. Thanks for sharing the photo with us.

Soft landings,

Joe
Jun 09, 2014, 10:00 PM
Gravity sucks.
No prob. It's a SCREAMER on that setup. Keith Shaw said he had NEVER seen a glow powered one that fast
Jun 10, 2014, 11:53 AM
Hobby King Hater

Jun 10, 2014, 03:43 PM
Thread OP
That's a nice Seniorita, Kimber, with a classy, touch 'o the South color scheme. The bare bones photo is a nice addition to the post for those wanting to see what is under that colorful finish.

Soft landings,

Joe
Jun 10, 2014, 05:48 PM
Deleted double post.
Last edited by redjeep; Jun 10, 2014 at 08:05 PM.
Jun 10, 2014, 05:49 PM
My son's Ultimate Fun Fly before rekiting it last weekend.
Last edited by redjeep; Jun 10, 2014 at 08:56 PM.
Jun 10, 2014, 06:09 PM
Thread OP
Bet the Ultimate could bore lots of holes in the sky prior to the final "event". Sorry to hear about yours turning into a kit again but it gives you a good reason to build another. Some time ago I purchased the plans and hardware from Sig to scratch/plan build one for myself as it is a great little design.

Soft(er) landings, (...I couldn't resist!)

Joe
Jun 10, 2014, 07:58 PM

Four Star 60

You knew a Four Star would show up!

Mine is the 60 size covered in silk, powered by an old OS 70 FS with a 14x4 prop, and weighs 7 lbs even. I had a terrible crash at an unfamiliar field, but saved the parts, and a year later got it all back together again. Can't tell a bit of difference once it's in the air, and it still looks pretty good on the ground.

Mods include built up rounded wing tip, reduced canopy, carved and silked balsa cowl, and modified rudder. Sweet flying airplane that sounds gorgeous. I like slow aerobatics with it.

Jim
Jun 10, 2014, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperjoe
Bet the Ultimate could bore lots of holes in the sky prior to the final "event". Sorry to hear about yours turning into a kit again but it gives you a good reason to build another. Some time ago I purchased the plans and hardware from Sig to scratch/plan build one for myself as it is a great little design.

Soft(er) landings, (...I couldn't resist!)

Joe
We still have the plans and all the hardware. Thinning the heard!

Last edited by redjeep; Jun 10, 2014 at 09:00 PM.
Jun 10, 2014, 11:34 PM
Seniorita!
30 mins of sweet easy flying and touch and goes.
Jun 12, 2014, 11:38 AM
Not R/C, but heres my recently completed C/L, Sig Akro. Silk & dope, OS LA .15. I have lots of Sig models, but not many photos of them....Gene
Jun 12, 2014, 05:20 PM
This is the way my Hog Bipe came out of the sky today.
The rudder CA hinges all broke, muffler pipe broke, and the tail wheel snapped off on a earlier landing today. plus a hole appeared in the covering???

I noticed it was acting very odd in the air. It typically flys as straight as an arrow.
But it started weaving and climbing. Then it suddenly got very loud so I landed right away. Almost lost it!
The muffler and pipe is hanging by the fuel line.

Quick Reply