Jun 07, 2014, 09:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Are We In Step 8 of 9 Total Steps!?

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with a result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence:

From Bondage to Spiritual Faith
From Spiritual Faith to Great Courage
From Courage to Liberty
From Liberty to Abundance
From Abundance to Selfishness
From Selfishness to Complacency
From Complacency to Apathy
From Apathy to Dependency
From Dependency back into Bondage “——— Alexander Tytler

What do you guys think?

You Liberals/Progressives proud yet?

S.B.S
Jun 07, 2014, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchBuildrSAM
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with a result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence:

From Bondage to Spiritual Faith
From Spiritual Faith to Great Courage
From Courage to Liberty
From Liberty to Abundance
From Abundance to Selfishness
From Selfishness to Complacency
From Complacency to Apathy
From Apathy to Dependency
From Dependency back into Bondage “——— Alexander Tytler

What do you guys think?

S.B.S
I think the main reason obama won the election is because we were in a state of apathy, and obama won a number of people over to dependency, starting with the "obammyphone" and free birth control, more people on food stamps than ever before, and more people people on some kind of govt. handout. With that kind of record, the Democrats should have bought a whole lot of votes. Throw in the illegals, and the voters in the cemetaries, it will be very hard to reverse the trend. I have very few years left on this earth, but I sure feel sorry for my kids and grandkids.
Jun 07, 2014, 09:54 PM
Much like the seasons of the year, every thing has it's spring, summer fall, and winter.

This is where we are headed. Rome took basically the same path, except for the welfare part.

They had the bloated government, corrupt politicians (really just an extension of the corrupt citizens) sexual perversion, and all the other good stuff, too.

I think it is just human nature. Of course, at this point, if you are not a fan of all of the above you are in the unique position of the Jews at the start of Nazi Germany- you need to know when to get out.
Jun 07, 2014, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast
I think the main reason obama won the election is because we were in a state of apathy, and obama won a number of people over to dependency, starting with the "obammyphone" and free birth control, more people on food stamps than ever before, and more people people on some kind of govt. handout. With that kind of record, the Democrats should have bought a whole lot of votes. Throw in the illegals, and the voters in the cemetaries, it will be very hard to reverse the trend. I have very few years left on this earth, but I sure feel sorry for my kids and grandkids.
I disagree.

The 53% or so of the population that voted for him simply do not deserve their freedom. It is sad that so many people have given their lives for this that we have come to. I will do whatever I can to dissuade a young person from wasting their life in the US military.

They voted for a guy who said "You didn't build that, someone else did."
They voted for a guy who said "At some point, I think, you have earned enough money." Anyone who believes in theses statements does not deserve freedom or prosperity.
Jun 07, 2014, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Proud of what? You never mentioned it.
Jun 07, 2014, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo
I disagree.

The 53% or so of the population that voted for him simply do not deserve their freedom. It is sad that so many people have given their lives for this that we have come to. I will do whatever I can to dissuade a young person from wasting their life in the US military.

They voted for a guy who said "You didn't build that, someone else did."
They voted for a guy who said "At some point, I think, you have earned enough money." Anyone who believes in theses statements does not deserve freedom or prosperity.
The problem is, that the people that are dependent on the Govt. usually vote for the party in power. Since the Democrats love the poor so much, and made so many more of them, I'm afraid that most of the ones dependent on the Govt. will vote for the Democrats. But what is going to happen when the country goes broke, and won't be able to pay for all the welfare benefits? The party in power will be blamed for it, but by then it will be too late to do anything about it. Martial law, and dictatorship is next. The Democrats will cheer for a little while. A mighty LITTLE while, until they realize what they did.
Jun 07, 2014, 10:11 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury
Titler is talking total nonsense. Did you vote for this? Did I vote for this? No.

Take the UK. Overall the most successful political party, with the highest 'win' rate, has been the 'Conservative Party'. In the last 100 years they have been in charge for the longest time. Initially there were reasons for this (poor people and women didn't get a vote) but this has not been true for around 70 years at least.

They are the toughest on 'benefits' and 'public spending'.
Last edited by Mark Powell; Jun 07, 2014 at 10:23 PM.
Jun 07, 2014, 10:18 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Are We In Step 8 of 9 Total Steps!?
I thought this thread was going to be about Alcoholics Anonymous.

It's the end of the world, the end is nigh for civilization (as it always is), repent all ye sinners, give up yer sins and save yer souls, join the church, make a donation too while yer at it !.
Jun 07, 2014, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Proud of what? You never mentioned it.
It's a tag-line. Like " this country is being overthrown from within".
Personally, I think everybody should restrict themselves to one.
Mine is " are you out of your ******* mind?"
Jun 07, 2014, 10:23 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufcut
Personally I'd say yes. The problem is I gave too many people a piece of my mind, and now I'm all out.
Jun 07, 2014, 10:26 PM
Quote:
It's a tag-line. Like " this country is being overthrown from within".
Personally, I think everybody should restrict themselves to one.
Ah, a tag line. Not to be taken as a serious observation then.

My problem with reading his posts is that they seem to be filled with tag lines, from start to finish.
Jun 07, 2014, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Ah, a tag line. Not to be taken as a serious observation then.

My problem with reading his posts is that they seem to be filled with tag lines, from start to finish.
This is an rc model airplane forum.
How serious should we really take this?
For me, it's somewhere between "I haven't fed the fish and where's the remote?."
I call it a transcription error due to the AM radio.

"Are you out of your ******* mind.?"
I think that's a good tag line for me?
I've had to use it before in real life.
What do you think?
Jun 07, 2014, 11:37 PM
B A bay B E be B I bicky bi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
I thought this thread was going to be about Alcoholics Anonymous.

It's the end of the world, the end is nigh for civilization (as it always is), repent all ye sinners, give up yer sins and save yer souls, join the church, make a donation too while yer at it !.
If the end is nigh, I'll be sinning my brains out!
Jun 08, 2014, 10:02 AM
Quote:
This is an rc model airplane forum.
How serious should we really take this?
For me, it's somewhere between "I haven't fed the fish and where's the remote?."
I call it a transcription error due to the AM radio.

"Are you out of your ******* mind.?"
I think that's a good tag line for me?
I've had to use it before in real life.
What do you think?
I like it!
Jun 08, 2014, 11:15 AM
Closed Account
We all watch things change. Some people are frightened. Some people don't care. Some people agree.
What I find most disturbing: What I consider to be the lunacy of today, is the new "normal" for the next generations.

When I was a kid, you were supposed to play games by the rules. Today's games come with "cheat" codes. The new normal. It permeates every aspect of our society.

I cant change things. And, I'm not sure I would be inclined to do so if I could. As a society we are in step 8. And, it seems many people are willingly pushing for step 9.

Quick Reply