This thread is privately moderated by Leadchucker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 10, 2019, 05:44 AM
I am not flying ales, but with a help of good air (thermal hopefully) and inertia of a fast moving plane I think I can easily launch to about 250m even if motor switch cuts at 200m. Nothing special there. Current 4s F5J setups laugh easily to 350m+ in 30 sec so it is obvious that there is plenty of kinetic energy available after motor cut off.

In F5J we use logger, not a limiter - this is important difference. Typical F5J laugh altitudes are around 100m or less. In good air even down tom 20m. Power is needed for that last second sprint if no thermal is not found. Sometimes in very difficult strong wind conditions people launch two 250m. I thin k in dead air a light F5J plane can do 10 minutes from about 100-120m altitude.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2019, 10:21 PM
Camber down and screw it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo
Typical F5J laugh altitudes are around 100m or less. In good air even down tom 20m.
I don't think 100m is that funny.

--
Greg
Sep 09, 2019, 06:15 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Great typo. Very appropriate.
Sep 15, 2019, 02:34 PM
Professional sink locator
I finished and submitted my Level 2 eSAP and it was accepted a week or so ago.

On Friday I completed my 30 thermal flight for Level 3 in a boomer of a thermal. I needed to use full flaps and full down elevator three different periods to bleed off excess altitude. I think that I was in that mode for at least 3 minutes in that flight.
I waited until I hit the 30 minute mark before leaving the thermal. It took over three minutes to get her back on the ground.
What a flight!
Nov 25, 2019, 11:42 PM
Completed level 1 on the electric side with a landing that Wally witnessed. This was back in October. I have level IV on the other side but TD is shrinking and I don't want to travel thousands of miles for contests,that are big enough.

Quick Reply