Old !Bold Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm
1000 pages!
Off by 1!
Jan 21, 2015, 12:33 AM
Fully qualified idiot
Sorry, wrong thread
Last edited by ontiK; Jan 21, 2015 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Wrong thread.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:35 AM
i broke my last full set of bull nose tonight when I accidently hit the arm sw 8' up over my driveway. hit it back quick and pegged the throttle but it didnt respond and smacked flat down on the concrete. broke a blade off each prop.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappomatt
i broke my last full set of bull nose tonight when I accidently hit the arm sw 8' up over my driveway. hit it back quick and pegged the throttle but it didnt respond and smacked flat down on the concrete. broke a blade off each prop.
I don't mind breaking one prop, but breaking all 4 in one crash hurts.
Jan 21, 2015, 01:33 AM
Ok so I've been really impressed with Cleanflight so far so I tried auto tune out for the first time today, all went went did its shakey thing one way then the next, landed saved the settings and came home to see the results.
Heres what they were ? seems quite high TBH

I'm using 5x3 props, rotorgeeks 12A esc with blheli, Cleanflight on Naze32, 3s battery, cobra 2204 - 2300kv motors.
Jan 21, 2015, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrip2010
I haven't tried the carbon composite bullnose, but have found the FG composite to not have much flex at all. The HQ 5x4 FG composite on the other hand are really flexible and durable.
Right on!

With the HQ props, it used to be that the colored ones had different properties than the black ones..
Like Orange being the softest, Green being in the middle, Black being the most rigid.

I 'only' fly with 3-bladed props, so, I run the HQ 5x4x3's and love them..
Except for the fact that they will turn to shrapnel if you look at them wrong..
Jan 21, 2015, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod81
Ok so I've been really impressed with Cleanflight so far so I tried auto tune out for the first time today, all went went did its shakey thing one way then the next, landed saved the settings and came home to see the results.

I'm using 5x3 props, rotorgeeks 12A esc with blheli, Cleanflight on Naze32, 3s battery, cobra 2204 - 2300kv motors.
this does seem high, did you do the tuning in nil wind?
Also this will depend on your looptime (default is 3500 but lots of people bring it down to 2500) and PID controller (probalby 0 which is the usual one)
Jan 21, 2015, 02:49 AM
Master of the figure 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm View Post
1000 pages!
My pages are bigger than yours. Only 150 for me
Jan 21, 2015, 02:51 AM
Master of the figure 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quasar
With the arrival of the BearHugs and whatever MRM will call theirs, I'm just happy to see the technology coming down to a reasonable price.
Ours may take a bit longer than expected. We decided to do a redesign top to bottom. (end to end?). And they are gonna rock
Jan 21, 2015, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by contact303
After pages and pages ......its time again.....
The voice or reason intervention

Cleanflight ???....baseflight ??
much more important is you learn to fly ... without Horizon or Angle mode ..ok??

U know ..All the vids and talk about modifications. Over powering your tiny quads etc etc ...
yet most of yas still putter around in Horizon ..

LOL guys get your priorities right
learn to fly ! then worry about little technical things ..
And believe it or not
learning is best done on a tame quad ......

Voice of reason OUT
As you were Gentlemen
I smell measuring.

People will fly what they want to fly.
Jan 21, 2015, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoduf
this does seem high, did you do the tuning in nil wind?
Also this will depend on your looptime (default is 3500 but lots of people bring it down to 2500) and PID controller (probalby 0 which is the usual one)
My loop time is 2500 and yes there was a little bit of wind not much mind. Maybe I should try again when there is no wind whatsoever whig is very rare tbh !
Jan 21, 2015, 05:45 AM
from what I read I think you need nil wind otherwise the PIDs go way too high
Jan 21, 2015, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quasar
Bump up the yaw rate. Pretty basic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogz85
there is a yaw rate control in the PID tab, pump that up to about .50 and you will get faster yaw.

Thanks!
Jan 21, 2015, 08:31 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod81

Nice but:
What looptime?
What PID controller?
What motor_pwm_rate???
Else the PID info is worthless.

Quick Reply