DYS BE1806 Thrust Tests - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 07, 2014, 01:25 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by djadub
Im thinking of using these DYS BE1806s on a pretty light 280 gram 2s FPV setup do you perhaps have any data on, or could please try, 5030GF and maybe 5040HQ on 2s. any help would be really appreciated thanks.
Here are the 2S test results:

Quick run down of the results - DYS BE1806 2300KV Brushless Motors on a 2S LiPo Battery:
GF 5030 Prop - 195 Grams pulling 4.5A @ 100% / 105 Grams pulling 2.0A @ 50%
HQ 5030 Prop - 180 Grams pulling 3.9A @ 100% / 95 Grams pulling 1.9A @ 50%
HQ 5040 Prop - 215 Grams pulling 5.5A @ 100% / 115 Grams pulling 2.2A @ 50%
HQ 6030 Prop - 225 Grams pulling 5.2A @ 100% / 110 Grams pulling 2.2A @ 50%







Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2014, 03:54 PM
Team AlienWarpSquad
My guess is that these motors will do fine on a 280gm AUW and 2S with aGF5030 props.
They have more power than the RCX1802's (from Mustang's tests) and the RCX motor works great on my 300gm quad with 2S & GF5030s. For my 425gm FPV quad I must run 3S with the RCX's.
I am looking forward to Mustangs report, however.
Jun 07, 2014, 07:26 PM
Registered User
Thanks so much Mustang you are the man! I really appreciate the time to help me out thanks again.
Jun 08, 2014, 04:05 PM
Registered User
deno6031's Avatar
here are my test videos:

dys1806 thrust tests (1 min 29 sec)


for the unreadable parts please check here:


first two test results:
full throttle:
gemfan 5x3
voltage 12.03
8.21 amps
98.8watts

@140gram thrust(hovering)
gemfan 5x3
voltage 12.26
2.17 amps
26.7watts


full throttle:
gemfan 5x3x3
voltage 11.75
8.69 amps
102.2watts


@140gram thrust(hovering)
gemfan 5x3x3
voltage 12.19
2.29 amps
27.8watts
Jun 18, 2014, 05:54 AM
Registered User
deno6031's Avatar
Had a winding breakage after a crash, never had such an issue with another motor, so I'm not sure if it is a problem of this motor or if I was just unlucky?

Rewound the motor again, works flawlessly
Jun 26, 2014, 09:26 PM
The geek in Rotorgeeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitedheavy
The cheaper $15 one looks like a cobra OEM, which should be pretty nice.
$20 Hengli Style 2204
$15 Cobra OEM 2204
Hey - just want to say that these are absolutely not Cobra OEM. They don't even look the same other than the basic shape of the bell.
Jun 26, 2014, 10:16 PM
Firmware Fiend
The Quasar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
Hey - just want to say that these are absolutely not Cobra OEM. They don't even look the same other than the basic shape of the bell.
Do you know what brand of motor they're derived from (or, really, it's the other way around if they're generic)? I'm trying to find anyone that might have bought these and has had a chance to test them. Ideally, I'd like to know how they compare to Sunnies and Cobras of the same size and kV rating, despite the way they look (I've heard of people calling them crappy based solely on a picture, which for me, isn't nearly scientifically rigorous enough). If anyone has some real-world info, please share. Thanks.
Jun 26, 2014, 10:37 PM
Registered User
AWESOME!

I found it difficult to jump around between the different pages to look at all your results. So I built an editable spread sheet with all your data that I could find.

What do you think?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It would be cool if you get some TMotors MN1806 and MN2204 to add to your test data!
Last edited by jmisuraca; Jun 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added TMotors
Jun 26, 2014, 10:51 PM
Firmware Fiend
The Quasar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmisuraca
AWESOME!

I found it difficult to jump around between the different pages to look at all your results. So I built an editable spread sheet with all your data that I could find.

What do you think?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It would be cool if you get some TMotors MN1806 and MN2204 to add to your test data!
Very cool and convenient. Thank you for taking the time to do that for everyone. I'm a bit of a data-miner, so I really appreciate something like this that I can refer to at a glance. Please continue to develop this spreadsheet as data becomes available.
Jun 26, 2014, 10:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quasar
Very cool and convenient. Thank you for taking the time to do that for everyone. I'm a bit of a data-miner, so I really appreciate something like this that I can refer to at a glance. Please continue to develop this spreadsheet as data becomes available.

I made the online version editable. I may make it read only and give edit rights to you and I.
Jun 26, 2014, 11:44 PM
Firmware Fiend
The Quasar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmisuraca
I made the online version editable. I may make it read only and give edit rights to you and I.
That's awesome, I would appreciate it. Yeah, I noticed that when I came back to the tab in my browser, it showed a pop-up that said that my privileges had changed. I was thinking of adding Soma's Sunny Sky 2204-2300kV thrust test results next to the one already on the list. Since the results vary slightly, it would offer a range for referencing purposes. Gotta love data--the more the merrier.
Jun 27, 2014, 02:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quasar
That's awesome, I would appreciate it. Yeah, I noticed that when I came back to the tab in my browser, it showed a pop-up that said that my privileges had changed. I was thinking of adding Soma's Sunny Sky 2204-2300kV thrust test results next to the one already on the list. Since the results vary slightly, it would offer a range for referencing purposes. Gotta love data--the more the merrier.
True that!

I added Soma's data and gave credit where credit is due. I also added a 4s sheet but don't have much data for it. Here is the link to the MiniMotor Data
Jun 27, 2014, 02:55 PM
Firmware Fiend
The Quasar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmisuraca
True that!

I added Soma's data and gave credit where credit is due. I also added a 4s sheet but don't have much data for it. Here is the link to the MiniMotor Data
Awesome--keep up the good work. I wanted to do that last night, but ended up crashing out (relatively) early. Thanks.
Jul 01, 2014, 07:18 AM
Lipo Burner
dcame002's Avatar
Anyone have a tachometer? or telemetry data. This is perfect to enter over at flybrushless.com
Jul 01, 2014, 08:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcame002
Anyone have a tachometer? or telemetry data. This is perfect to enter over at flybrushless.com
I've considered using a hall effect sensor with an Arduino to data log RPM with current and voltage parameters following a more precise and consistent throttle pattern. It is just a bit more time than I have handy in the for the foreseeable future though.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Data Dys be1806-2300kv thrust test deno6031 Multirotor Drone Power Systems 3 Feb 20, 2015 05:09 AM
Data Dys be1806-2300kv thrust test deno6031 Mini Multirotor Drones 0 May 23, 2014 09:41 AM