Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Steeriz STRX-9 RTR RC Boat

The STRX-9 Micro RC Speedboat is the great entry level RC boat.

Splash

This RTR boat has everything you need to get out on the water.

The 2.4Ghz radio system allows long-range control. The adjustable turn fins allows user to tune the boat for a variety of water conditions.

The STRX-9 features:

  • 180-class water-cooled brushed motor
  • 6V 260mAH NIMH battery
  • 8xAA DC field charger,

RC Boat | STRX-9 RTR Remote Control Electric Boat STEERIX, VENOM, ATOMIK (1 min 6 sec)

Specifications

  • Age Rating - 14+ With Adult Supervision
  • Batteries - 6V 260mAh NiMH
  • Charger - DC Field Charger
  • Fuel Source - Electric
  • Length - 11.0in ( 279mm )
  • Height - 2.75 in ( 69mm )

Learn more about the Atomik RC boat here.

Thread Tools
Jun 06, 2014, 08:27 AM
Registered User
skytek's Avatar
I like the look of this little boat and for just $59 it seems like a good value package for beginners. I wonder what the run time is. Anyone know?
Jun 09, 2014, 08:05 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Tarpon Shawn's Avatar
Just in time for Father's Day. I just need to get the hint out.
Jun 09, 2014, 11:21 AM
Registered User
skytek's Avatar
Yeah, I just need to adopt a kid first.
Jun 09, 2014, 07:52 PM
Augernaut
Wookster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytek
Yeah, I just need to adopt a kid first.
I'd go ahead and just buy the boat. It will be A LOT cheaper that way.
Jun 09, 2014, 07:56 PM
Augernaut
Wookster's Avatar
Just a quick question. I have a lot of those 260MAh 2s LiPoly Ultra Micro aircraft batteries. Is there an easy way to run those batts in this boat? I figure some kind of voltage regulator. If I could pull this off, when the wind is too much for my micro floatplanes I can run this bad boy around. It looks like a whole lot of fun.
Jun 14, 2014, 12:12 AM
quit crying start flying
bayareaheli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster
Just a quick question. I have a lot of those 260MAh 2s LiPoly Ultra Micro aircraft batteries. Is there an easy way to run those batts in this boat? I figure some kind of voltage regulator. If I could pull this off, when the wind is too much for my micro floatplanes I can run this bad boy around. It looks like a whole lot of fun.
if you run the lipo you will lose the self righting also what is the c rating on those small lipos they might puff up on this setup.
Jun 15, 2014, 11:45 PM
Augernaut
Wookster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareaheli
if you run the lipo you will lose the self righting also what is the c rating on those small lipos they might puff up on this setup.
They say 35-70c. They have handled the 130 well, but I use two in parallel. I may do the same with this. If I can find a way to protect the batteries from over discharge.
Jun 16, 2014, 06:30 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Tarpon Shawn's Avatar
I got two of these for Father's Day. My son must have talked the wife into getting two so we could have fun together.

Thanks for the gift idea RCGroups.
Jun 16, 2014, 09:19 AM
Registered User
skytek's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon Shawn
Just in time for Father's Day. I just need to get the hint out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon Shawn
I got two of these for Father's Day. My son must have talked the wife into getting two so we could have fun together.
Wow, you're good!


Thread Tools