Power Distribution Board for Mini Quad with Voltage Regulator and OSD - RC Groups
Jun 03, 2014, 10:30 PM
Need more props..........
New Product

Power Distribution Board for Mini Quad with Voltage Regulator and OSD

SimplePDB.com

PDB's can also be found in the USA at:

Now available from
MultiRotorSuperstore
&
MultiRotorMania
&
Platinum Hobbies

as well as

AutoBotix
&
Hoverallrc
For those in the UK

UK EBay store itstar2k

For those in Canada, for faster shipping!

Buzzhobbies
For those in Australia for faster shipping!

Hoverthings custom Flip 250s

Cheaper domestic and international shipping options now available.

US shipping as low as $3
International as low as $7

With Pololu 12v step up

With Pololu 12v step up and OSD

Having watched a few friends build mini-H quads as their first builds and struggling with wiring them up, I thought there had to be a simpler way.

Instead of having the rats nest of wires that most of us end up with, I thought hard mounting the usual components on a power distribution board would make thing much easier. The mounting holes are for the smaller flight controllers, but for those who prefer the KK2 sized boards, they will easily mount over the top of this board with room to spare.

Most folks that fly the mini's it seems use the ImmersionRC 5.8 video transmitters. With it's filtered 5v output its easy enough to use the Pololu 12v step up to power all the usual suspects in board cameras that everyone prefers. Some folks seem to like using voltage alarms but more and more folks are using OSD's to monitor their voltage so I've not only included a place for the 12v step up but also the HK SuperSimpleOSD. There is an easy modification to that OSD that shows RSSI values for those receivers that have an output for them. Usually 100% shows roughly 30-35v and 0% shows 1.5v or so.

Plenty of pads to wire all your ESC's and other items.

For those running 4s setups, its easy to use a 12v step down in place of the step up. As well as with a simple jumper run everything straight from battery voltage.

Positive connections are on top, ground connections are on the bottom.

I'm interested in your thoughts. Since being pulled into building multi rotors, I'd easily dragged several friends in with me. The easier these builds can be made, the better in my opinion. I'd like to hear your thoughts as well.

Last edited by Oso Grande; May 29, 2015 at 04:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2014, 07:24 AM

Front and Back, Red is positive connections, Black is ground.
Last edited by Oso Grande; Jun 13, 2014 at 09:44 AM.
Jun 04, 2014, 08:27 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Definitely interested in this.

Would look great in my Coptergeist CGX250
Jun 04, 2014, 08:45 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
What does that PDB weigh?
Jun 04, 2014, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr
What does that PDB weigh?
13.92g just the board. I forgot to weigh it again after adding the step up and OSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Definitely interested in this.

Would look great in my Coptergeist CGX250
I agree! PM me with an address and I'll send you a sample board to verify it fits correctly.
Jun 04, 2014, 09:08 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Cool

Pm sent
Jun 04, 2014, 09:12 AM
Not a six pack
very cool. What connections go to the OSD?

Looks like battery on one end -- I assume straight 3 or 4s? And on the other end? Is there a video connection? Would love to clean up some wiring in my 260.. what is the length? Wondering if there's room for ESCs front and back.
Jun 04, 2014, 10:22 AM
Ok. So now how do we get one of these boards? My orange flip 260 should be arriving today.
Jun 04, 2014, 10:50 AM
Team WarpSquad
How about sending a couple to Dallas Nice board, where do we order?
Jun 04, 2014, 12:01 PM
A Prop Breaker in Houston, TX
I have a prototype of this board in my Flip260 and it fits perfect. It was my first quad build ever and it made things very easy for me. I highly recommend this board, especially if you are a neat freak and cant stand wires everywhere. It makes for a super clean install and I've had no issues with durability either. I also like how the positive and negative connections are on opposite sides of the board. I used some liquid tape on my connections and I've had zero issues with anything. Great product!

Jun 04, 2014, 12:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
We're sold, where do we get it?
Jun 04, 2014, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience
very cool. What connections go to the OSD?

Looks like battery on one end -- I assume straight 3 or 4s? And on the other end? Is there a video connection? Would love to clean up some wiring in my 260.. what is the length? Wondering if there's room for ESCs front and back.
The battery connects on the left in the center. Positive on top, negative on bottom. The holes on either side are for running a zip tie through to add strength to the connection. As shown it'll run 3s or 4s. The PDB provides the power connection to the OSD which is soldered to the board directly. The video out of the OSD is also routed into the connection between the camera mounted up front and the Vtx mounted in the rear.

The overall dimensions are 4.4"x1.7".

This shows how the OSD would normally be wired up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsship
Ok. So now how do we get one of these boards? My orange flip 260 should be arriving today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillawafer
How about sending a couple to Dallas Nice board, where do we order?
As of right now, I have a couple working prototypes, but the main bulk of the boards are do in the end of next week. The only changes from what you see above is the writing on top will be in black instead of white and the bottom of the board where the ground connections are will be black as well for easier identification of polarity.

I'm talking with a couple frame designers to offer them for sale with their frames. Also waiting on the rest of the OSD's that I ordered to arrive.

I'll be taking orders for what I have when I have it. By end of next week I should have the PDB boards and the 12v step ups in stock the OSD's are probably 2 weeks off or so.

For those who don't want to wait for the OSD's to arrive, I can offer the PDB with or without the 12v step up as well.

PDB only - $15/ shipped in US

PDB with 12v Pololu step up - $20/ shipped in US

PDB with step up & OSD - $35/ shipped in US

No preorders, I don't want to take anyone's money until I have what they want in hand and can ship quickly.

Last edited by Oso Grande; Jun 12, 2014 at 04:00 PM.
Jun 04, 2014, 12:49 PM
I'll keep this thread updated, but for now hold off on PM'ing me for orders or questions.

Lets keep any questions in the thread and I'll be happy to answer them.

No preorders, I don't want to take anyone's money until I have what they want in hand and can ship quickly.
Last edited by Oso Grande; Jun 04, 2014 at 01:00 PM.
Jun 04, 2014, 01:00 PM
Principal Member
Very cool. The weight isn't too bad either. I am interested to find out if this fits in my QuadRevo frames. Especially the new mini that's around the corner. Love the integration of the OSD.
Jun 04, 2014, 01:05 PM
Tagged. Good stuff Oso!!