Jun 03, 2014, 04:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Alpha-EV 1M Electric Glider

I was looking at this Alpha-EV 1M Electric Glider : https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

My idea is something that is not to big but a step up from foamy (I have 3 now: a glider and a two full wings) and that doesn't brake the bank in case I crash it. I see that there are spare parts available for this in case.

Anyone has an idea of how this kit perform?
Is this supposed to be a relaxed glider or something that can be aerobatic or even a small hotliner?
I for myself could do with some aerobatic and for sure I would appreciate something that could even fly slow rather than a pilon racer. For sure something that's easy to land.

It sure looks classic and simple, something different from the usual foamy parkflyer.
The balsa is intriguing coming from foam, maybe this could be something for the phase "I'm not crashing anymore and I'd like something with more quality"?
Last edited by eaman; Jun 03, 2014 at 04:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2014, 04:45 PM
DFS#000178
Where are the ailerons? It says it requires aileron servos but I don't see ailerons on the wings. Does it want you to cut them out?

I've actually been thinking about this one for a while now.

Fuselage is a clone of the Goldberg Electra (same fuselage as their full Electra clone), has ailerons, is fully built-up, decent size, cheap..

And that covering looks great. But I like transparent covering.
Jun 03, 2014, 07:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Where are the ailerons? It says it requires aileron servos but I don't see ailerons on the wings. Does it want you to cut them out?
Dunno
I really hope it has ailerons!
It looks like it has servo in the wings, maybe the mobile parts are not cut?

Quote:
I've actually been thinking about HobbyKing_Condor_EP_Balsa_Glider for a while now.

Fuselage is a clone of the Goldberg Electra (same fuselage as their full Electra clone), has ailerons, is fully built-up, decent size, cheap..

And that covering looks great. But I like transparent covering.
It's interesting but I really don't like it: blue transparent in the sky it's not my thing (that's personal taste OFC, it just not for me): I prefer the more classy wood and white.

Also it's quite heavy at 670g while the other is just 335g .
Last edited by eaman; Jun 03, 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply