Sep 04, 2001, 05:58 PM
p471701
p471701

we're back!

extreme withdrawels.........gregg
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2001, 06:03 PM
We aren't completely back yet, actually.

Notice that we are missing all the messages since the DNS problems we had about a month ago. That was our most recent backup.

You can use the forums if you want for now but I can't guarantee that I won't be taking things down and/or overwriting some of the content. When I give the "all clear" on the front page, that is when we are really up.

Jim
Latest blog entry: Check in
Sep 04, 2001, 06:07 PM
p471701
p471701
jim: just knowing it's there is comforting.
will the software upgrade be comming back too? i liked it!..........gregg
Sep 05, 2001, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by p471701:
jim: just knowing it's there is comforting.
will the software upgrade be comming back too? i liked it!..........gregg
I'm not so sure about the forum upgrade, Greg.

After installing the upgrade the server was extremely loaded. I'm not convinced that the software we are using is the right choice for the future.

We have to do something soon because the current version has some significant problems. I either have to do the upgrade again or switch to another product. Right now I'm leaning toward the latter.

Jim
Latest blog entry: Check in
Sep 05, 2001, 03:34 AM
Thank you for ALL your hard work Jim. I'm sure the last few days have been very long, frustrating, and stressful.

I really appreciate how reliable and fast you have kept the Ezone while the volume of messages has kept rising.

<< After installing the upgrade the server was extremely loaded. I'm not convinced that the software we are using is the right choice for the future. >>

Perhaps the hard disk failure wasn't a complete cooincidence - the extra workload would have caused more disk requests and heating, which may have precipitated the failure.

I thought the newer software was OK, but overall prefer the speed of this older version. I definately didn't like the way the typing cursor flickered in MS IE5.5

Thanks again,

Neil.
Sep 05, 2001, 03:39 AM
Speed Demon
Ahh yess, I'm in Ezone heaven. I checked about an hr. ago and it was just getting loaded. Good to see it's working again! I'll bet you've been working your fingers to the bone on this one Jim. Thanks for getting her back online, you make lots of people happy here!

Hey Greg, what happened to my stars?
Sep 05, 2001, 08:41 AM
Restful User
Jim--

Glad to see we're back online!

--Bill
Sep 05, 2001, 10:16 AM
AMA 697691 / FAA 13675
Greg,

You may be "star-less", but at least your still a moderator! LOL

Jim,

We do appreciate your efforts and please let us know where we can help out.
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Sep 05, 2001, 10:20 AM
BANNED!!!
I can't believe how much information was lost... Just goes to show you you can never take anything for granted. There was a lot stuff that I wanted to save, and I can't. Oh well I am glad you guys are up. Keep up the good work...
j
Sep 05, 2001, 11:07 AM
A Haiku

Three things are certain:
Death, taxes and lost data
Guess which has occured.

At least we're back on-line!

MMGM
Sep 05, 2001, 11:11 AM
Balsa Kamikaze
I think we should appreciate the great work these guys are doing in bringing everything up again.

Just imagine what life would be without the EZone discussion forum?!

Keep up the good work!

_Jens
Sep 05, 2001, 01:29 PM
It really is embarrassing how much I miss the E Zone when it isn't available! I'm thinking the 12 step program someone else mentioned is not that bad of an idea!

I would also like to say a big Thank You to all those who make this site possible! I recently got my tax rebate, I think I'll "Click Through" to a couple of the advertisers and spread some of the "wealth" to them! R/L
Sep 05, 2001, 02:54 PM
Good job Jim and others!!! I appreciate what you do for us and for the hobby. Congrats on a great recovery.
Hmmm... I wonder if you should send flowers to a recovering hard drive? Nah it would appreciate a new plane nore I bet!
Sep 05, 2001, 11:15 PM
Good Job!!

I'm a retired programmer and can appreciate the work that you have done in this short time. Plus, restoring is not fun work, just s--t shoveling putting things back work. No creative exciting stuff at all.

Again, Thanks, it was traumatic not having the Ezone!

Dave
Jun 30, 2006, 07:19 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke
I'm not so sure about the forum upgrade, Greg.

After installing the upgrade the server was extremely loaded. I'm not convinced that the software we are using is the right choice for the future.

We have to do something soon because the current version has some significant problems. I either have to do the upgrade again or switch to another product. Right now I'm leaning toward the latter.

Jim
Seems like you've worked out all the issues. 5 years and everything is here, looking good and running fine. Good job Jim!

Will

Quick Reply