Jun 02, 2014, 05:55 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

How to build an rc airplane?

I want to build or make my own rc airplane. I will appreciate if you can help me out. I will to accept websites that may help me in how to build rc airplanes. Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2014, 06:38 AM
crash expert
Hi there
check out the threads on EZ FLYER or DART XS as they are simple enough
Jun 02, 2014, 07:06 AM
Not always grumpy!!
Also the Wot-Next is well documented, and a dead simple build.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1525812

just follow the instructions on the thread, and you WILL have a plane that both flies, and grows with your learning.

I cannot recommend a better build to be honest, and alot of the others like myself, you may find yourself growing out of.

Depending upon where you are, will depend upon where you get your raw materials.

USA tend to go to the dollar store, for Dollar Tree foam,
Us in the UK have to order online, from Depron UK or Model Plane Foam (which is US based)

For electronics, alot of us go to either Amazon, Ebay, RCPitstop, HobbyKing, well in fact this list os so large i could be here all day.

But have a good read through of the Foam University (Stickied to the top of the Scratch Built Sub-Forum)

Those pages that are stickied are a wealth of information alone. But if you have any questions about any planes you see, and would too like to build, just post your question on that thread, and i am sure it will be answered accuratly and quickly.

Welcome to the forum.
Jun 02, 2014, 09:34 AM
Sokol
Quote:
Originally Posted by FErelc
I want to build or make my own rc airplane. I will appreciate if you can help me out. I will to accept websites that may help me in how to build rc airplanes. Thanks.
OK , this is the right forum, lots to read and learn here.

You do not mention how much experience you have flying RC airplanes, because you may face the risk of trying to fly something that not even an expert may fly.
There are many threads in the beginner's forum where starter, trainer, planes are recommended.

so, the suggestion is to first build (or buy) an established and known kit,
a simple trainer, learn to fly with it, and then build progressively according to your talents and fancy...

welcome to the forums, and good luck !
Latest blog entry: Extra 300 by HookLL
Jun 02, 2014, 11:25 AM
Not always grumpy!!
Thats how i got into it JureZ , but unfortunatly i bought completly the wrong plane....

My advice if you wanted to go down that route, would be a High Winged trainer, Like your Typical Cessna, or Cub, both have great learner capabilities, But if you are a well establised flyer, and have a supply of your own gear, then build simple first, As the more elaborate the build, the more that needs to be spot on for it to fly well.
Jun 02, 2014, 12:05 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by FErelc
Can you give us some more information , such as :

Do you live in the USA ? If we know where you live we can help you with materials and parts availability .

Have you flown an RC plane before ? If we know your level of experience we can help you with a plane recommendation .

Al
Jun 02, 2014, 10:02 PM
I suggest you go over to www.flitetest.com they have tons of free videos and free plans showing you how to make a bunch of rc planes, from simple beginner ones like the FT flyer to some really nice looking models like the Spitfire or the Viggen. there are many to choose from

Quick Reply