Nov 08, 2019, 06:22 AM
Thread OP

snow on ground

time to Build

good days for flying may mean wet ground and messy planes and line.

How about that

whacker
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2019, 06:22 AM
Thread OP

the End is near

Yup, though the lite snow cover from Saturday Morning is gone, the grass seems wet all day and frozen in the Morning

Just revisited my April Flying here and came across my first tosses of the Cumic.

SEE Video

One of my Hilites of flying this past summer.

Actually the other day when I had issues with my PuRes, I went and launched the Cumic, and honestly I'm still trying to find the differences with the handling of the two PLanes

That's interesting considering the Cumic plans are dated 7-20 -72

whacker
Nov 17, 2019, 02:52 PM
Thread OP

Heat from the Herd

Great day for flying

whacker

in sunny Waughs River Valley
Nov 27, 2019, 01:10 PM
Thread OP

Field TRials, trippin out

up and out

it's shortly after 2

Nice 7 1/2 minute ride with the Pures

Eagle came thru to poke around and see what the fuss was all about, he kept to the south of my wake, I suppose the noise bothered him,
and soon drifted over me and took off to the North.

big bubble and then huge sink pushed me down

woo hoo It's Nov 27 almost 55 degs, and high clouds are movin in

I launched again, and tried to chase him down, got a real good Launch but just couldn't keep up with those flappers

whacker
Nov 27, 2019, 02:02 PM
Whacker is in the fortunate situation where his residence is within his flying field and he has a golf buggy and the ability to easily juggle the winch or high start to the optimum setup. Coupled with that, his work time schedule allows him to fit in fit in periodic flying session. In other words, he has the best of all situations. He has wildlife and the added presence of eagles who enjoy flying with his models. I envy his situation and appreciate the few occasions when I can travel to fly with him.(130 Km)
I am happy to see that he has delved into the exciting realm of 2m RES models which I believe is the best "shot-in-the -arm" which thermal soaring has received in decades.
I developed my 2m Mayfly RES from from my 1980's Minifex design and after three years flying the straight sailplane and electric versions, I am working on a newer lighter version. No change in outline, but lightened and stronger structure.
Nov 27, 2019, 02:56 PM
Thread OP

well look at that

the

3 o clock hr yields two launchs and some 9 plus minutes of flyin, headed towards the flag I spent another 10 minutes getting in some toss practice

the mercury has dropped to the mid 40's and the sun is skimming the tree tops.

The eagle of course he is long gone.

J O is addin more dihedral to the mayfli, and makin it lighter. Your right I have been busy lately, Cookie Productions 100's of them , matter of fact I think it's near 30 Kilos, so I have been walkin here lately, the Golf cart has been parked

Just when you thought there's gonna be 2 M planes everywhere, along comes some wise guys with plans to build 100 inch STD planes, those boys just never learn do they, make them all the same color whatever you do.

after today, I think there's a chance I'll be flying in December

whacker

in the Waughs River Valley
Jan 05, 2020, 10:01 AM
Thread OP

January flying, with a Hi - Start

Yes, it can be, over the grass at that
It was above 11 Deg on the post here at 10:30, and the sun was out , though I reckoned the lingering clouds to the south would move in

Not much hanging from the ceiling for me this time of year as most planes are pulled apart, in their socks and set away in the sailplane room.

No I don't have a sailplane room surrounding my house

I needed to round up a pack or two, of 4 cell eneloops, and the Mirage was easy to get

It was a short walk , took perhaps five minutes, one trip, and 10 minutes later I had the hi start anchored and the Mirage up there

around 2 in the afternoon, yes the clouds had moved in , and the temperature was now closer to 8 Degrees

5 Launches, 2 minute plus flights , the longest was 5. Hard work to get those 5 minutes though

I was around the block as well, higher ground trip, and there's lots of fields. rode the ridge to Wentworth , and south to Truro.

I am likely the only person out East, especially in Canada flying this time of year, as there is a lot of building going on. That's a good thing.

Snowing here as I type this , I can still see the grass, though if we get 4 inches(hope not) it will surely suffocate.

whacker

Quick Reply