May 27, 2014, 10:45 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
Discussion

Warning! The Florida Boys are coming to the NW!

The South Florida slopers from the Pompano Hill Flyers are having our annual pilgrimage to the North West this upcoming week (6/3-6/11). We be basing ourselves in Hood River and we'll hit all the favorites (Lumber, Bald Butte, Klickitat, Greyback, and the Dalles). If anyone is interested in joining up with us on the slopes or maybe hitting Double Mountain or pFriem for a few cold ones in the evening, PM me.

Mike W
PM: mfwilliams
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2014, 12:46 PM
Pompano Hill Flyer
Well hope you all have a great time. Wish I was going, maybe next year.
May 28, 2014, 05:48 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
I think I have room for you in the Sport Tube.

Mike W
May 29, 2014, 07:01 AM
Pompano Hill Flyer
I might not fit in the Sport Tube, gained a few pounds. Do you plan to post pictures like you did last year? Have a good time and knock back a few brews for me.
Jun 03, 2014, 12:16 PM
Are you here yet?
Lumber site in Hood River is looking good this afternoon and Wed! 12 MPH + from WNW forcast. I am trying to put together a Speedo this afternoon/eve and hope to have it at Lumber Wed noon to 3pm looks like good forecast. If no Speedo will bring Windwider Bee and Fox.
Hope to meet you guys on the slope!
Tony
Jun 03, 2014, 01:43 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
I wish I was there.
Jun 04, 2014, 10:26 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
Tshires, we're trying to decide right now where to go to. Winchdoc, also just PM'd with the same question.
Lumber was rocking yesterday. We had 57mph at our house on the Columbia. Was 35mph at Lumber. Looks like more of the same today.

Mike
Jun 04, 2014, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the update Mike. Charging batts now. Looks like too much wind for my Windrider fox which likes 10-15 mph. Will bring Weasel with ballast and Bee. I plan on leaving Troutdale about noon so could be at Lumber 1pm or so if that is where you guys are going. Could not find a battery pack to fit the Speedo so it waits for another day. I may pick up some Cr2s tonight and see what I can do for another day to maiden it.
Please post where you plan to go if you can.
Tony
Jun 04, 2014, 11:33 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
Tshires,
we're going to Lumber. WinchDoc is coming up to join us too.
See you guys up there!

Mike
Jun 04, 2014, 05:48 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Mike, did you take your Mini Vector?
Jun 04, 2014, 08:43 PM
Mike did have his Mini Vector and it flew very well, flaps worked well for landing also. I got a few pics but was mostly flying or talking and looking at the other planes there. Lots of cool planes and nice guys to spend an afternoon with. Wind was excellent 20 to 30 mph. Lots of pics and some videos should be coming from the guys. There were 10 of us up on the hill having a blast. A few close calls but no midairs, at least while I was there.
Tony
Jun 05, 2014, 08:25 PM

Pics

Here are a few pics from yesterday at Lumber flying site in Hood River Oregon. The guys have lots more and some videos. Not sure where they will post?
Enjoy our fun!
Tony

Hmm Manage Attachments not working??? Help!
Jun 05, 2014, 10:54 PM
Maybe Mike didn't want pics posted?
Jun 06, 2014, 11:24 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Thread OP
Tony,
sorry, didn't see your post until now. Email me the photos at mfpwilliams@hotmail.com. I'll get them up there one way or another.
Mike
Last edited by mfwilliams; Jun 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM.
Jun 08, 2014, 12:26 PM
Mike how's the "sloping safari" going? How about some pics from you guys as mine won't upload.

Quick Reply