This thread is privately moderated by peterswolf, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 27, 2014, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Taft Hobby B-25 Mitchell (49.2")

Flight Pack: GensAce 3S 2200mah 55C
Last edited by peterswolf; Jul 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2014, 07:18 PM
Thread OP
Ok, so the build was pretty easy. The elevator pushrods need more clearance in the tail section so use a hobby knife to make the slot bigger in the foam to allow more movement of the elevator pushrods, easy fix. The retracts however are very poor quality. I'll be doing the maiden flight with gear locked down. I balanced as per the manual specification with a GensAce 3S 2200 25C battery (I will also be trying out my 55C ones too). Planning on doing maiden flight tomorrow morning! Flight reports from the RCG thread are promising that this is a pretty good flyer so I'm excited to get her in the air. There is a bit of a lack on info about setting the throws up on this plane. I set the ailerons on my three position as 100% with 0 Expo, 100% with 30% expo and 80% with 30% expo. For elevator 100% with 0% expo, 100% with 30% expo and 70% with 30% expo. and same with rudder. For the flaps I just eyeballed what might be good starting spots for mid and land settings. I also did add an aileron to rudder mix on the flight mode switch, at 17% in case it starts dragging its tail in turns
Jun 10, 2014, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
I got four flights in this morning with the 2200 3 cell gensace at both 55 C and 25 C. flights were great, she has a lot of power that's for sure. I eyeballed the flap settings and I ended up adding a little up elevator when the flaps were deployed which I found interesting as I normally require down elevator with flaps but when I deploy the full flaps the plane pitched down slightly I found that quite strange anyways successful maiden and got her all dialed in. Easy to land, take off requires a little left rudder to stay straight definitely an overpowered B25, awesome!
Jul 13, 2014, 04:26 PM

Great plane though seemed like a speed demon

I picked up one of these some months back at an electric show(pre-release), though I didn't have a manual(and missing a few parts I think)so I had to fab a couple of items. The plane certainly does look great on low passes!

I use a 2200/30C battery which gives a good flight time and am fairly conservative on the power. I found the plane a little tricky to land as it appeared to drop fairly fast on lower speeds(no flaps though). I'm considering replacing the motors and props with something a bit more accessible and with set values.(the stock ones are not labeled and at the time, I could find anything related to a manual online). The setup I was considering were two BL 2212/6 motors with 7X4 blades.

Quick Reply