May 26, 2014, 06:26 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Walking a Dog with a drone - Is this real?

I wonder if this video is real?

How to Walk a Dog with a Drone. (1 min 5 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2014, 07:27 AM
No, obviously not real.

They didn't even bother to film the walking scenes with an actual drone, either. Not to mention all the problems like the noise scaring the animals, the downdraft scaring the animals, , the danger of spinning blades hitting the animals and others... and exactly how much "hold" do you think any small aircraft would have versus a 70 lb golden lab that decides to bolt after a squirrel? It'll be a pile of shattered plastic bouncing along the pavement on the end of the leash...
May 26, 2014, 07:44 AM
Thread OP
I am thinking more in terms of the navigation software. This looks like a small Parrot Drone or equivalent to me. Is there any software or controller that is able to do this?
May 26, 2014, 08:00 AM
I strongly doubt there's any high-accuracy semi-autonomous GPS navigation software you can readily get to do anything like this, but I don't see any technical reason why it wouldn't be possible to create (think: Google self-driving cars).

Of course, the reason it probably doesn't exist could be because it's something that shouldn't be done! :-)
May 26, 2014, 10:07 AM
AR Parrot 2.0 GPS - sure it was edited to look all seamless for the sake of the video, but its pretty obvious that's what he was using.
Latest blog entry: DJI Mavic Flight Mode Tests
May 26, 2014, 10:27 AM
Childlike Activity for Adults
Another stupid RC aircraft idea presented for the benefit of the viewing audience. Some jerk will probably get this "brilliant" idea and try this.

Quick Reply