Nov 10, 2019, 06:28 AM
608 km/h!
That looks awesome Jono!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2019, 08:26 AM
Wow, I want one, oh no I already got enough planes, but congrats that one is a cool plane!
Nov 11, 2019, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoernohlau
Wow, I want one, oh no I already got enough planes, but congrats that one is a cool plane!
Thanks very much. I am really looking forward to flying it
Nov 11, 2019, 06:29 PM
608 km/h!
Jono is that a one off fuse or did Dave make a mould? It's gonna rip!
Nov 11, 2019, 06:57 PM
Dave made a mould and I couldn't build one without it but unfortunately it is a bit too narrow and is uber hard to fit the gear in. I had to put 2x 18650 lithium iron batteries up the boom that can never come out because there is no room anywhere else. The tail is still bagged and the incidence needs adjusting for each build. One day we will get a CNC mould complete with tail and all will be much easier. Perhaps then I will be able to knock one out in a very short time span of about 6 months or so . This one has taken over a year.....
Nov 12, 2019, 07:29 AM
608 km/h!
I bet that skinny fuse will help it go fast though!
Nov 12, 2019, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18
I bet that skinny fuse will help it go fast though!
I hope so
Nov 13, 2019, 07:49 PM
There is only DS
How long is your fuse Jono.
I'm building a new fuse for my Soundwave. I might sell cnced original one.
Nov 13, 2019, 07:57 PM
will have to have a measure up when I get home
Nov 16, 2019, 05:18 AM
The maiden was less than ideal. The first flight was nose heavy so I landed and added some weight to the tail. During the flight I checked the flaps and it flew pretty neutral (after some trimming on the offset ) but on landing it pitched down violently . I just managed to save it and thought I might have put too much flaps on too fast.
The 2 flight was much better and the cg felt good. I checked the flaps again and after a wee re trim it flew pretty neutral with the flaps on. On landing it pitched down worse, even though I only eased the flaps on a bit

I really need to know what is causing this so I can actually land this beast. Any ideas??

PMS disaster (1 min 4 sec)
Nov 16, 2019, 03:09 PM
Jono - are you sure you had the elevator compensation compensating the correct amount? Did you try dumping the flaps out the front up high to see how it pitched under full flaps? And adjust as necessary in flight?

Looks to me like too much down elevator compensation.

Too much flap deflection wont cause it to pitch down - it usually causes the nose to pitch up.
Nov 17, 2019, 10:46 AM
There is only DS
Too much down too quick, offset your elevator to come in slower
Nov 17, 2019, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurineman
Jono - are you sure you had the elevator compensation compensating the correct amount? Did you try dumping the flaps out the front up high to see how it pitched under full flaps? And adjust as necessary in flight?

Looks to me like too much down elevator compensation.

Too much flap deflection wont cause it to pitch down - it usually causes the nose to pitch up.
Pete

I used the same program that I use on the scratch's so I was able to adjust the off set while flying on the front. It was good on the front, just not on landing.

Asto

I think that may help. I just have to work out how to do it

I think that the horizontal stab incidence may not have been 100% correct. I had a small amount of down trim to fly level. Could this have contributed ??
I have been advised that the horizontal stab is too small as well and this is not helping. It is the same size as Pete's and his was ok but could it be a combination of set up and tail size ??
Nov 17, 2019, 09:54 PM
608 km/h!
I've never had a tailed plane pitch down with flaps, always up. The only thing I can think of is there is bulk lift on the front and no lift in the landing zone.
Nov 18, 2019, 03:51 AM

crash landing!

Hi Jono,

Here just what I have seen in the video, not really sure if I'm right but at least I try a judgment here, please don't be angry if this doesn't make sense to you: To me this looks like landing in the turbulent zone after a strong lift in the front, I can't judge the front and the area between front and back , as I couldn't see it in the video. But if you try to land to close behind the strong upward lift from the front , there are a lot of turbulanceses, which you normally can't control. The only thing that helps in this cases is to go back quite far from the front, where you again have a laminar wind for landing. This differences from spot to spot, so it is usually a good idea to check this out before flight. And find the spot where you want to land.

Greetings Bjoern

Quick Reply