Jun 04, 2014, 07:38 PM
Here is a pic of the real P-38 from WW2
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2014, 07:46 PM
Didn't you find out the pilot's name and where he was from? You mentioned it to me, but I forgot. Hard to believe, right.
Jun 05, 2014, 08:56 PM
This is what I stumbled across yesterday seeing what else I could find out about the plane, pretty interesting.

LIVINGSTON
CLARK RAYMOND "DOC"
Of Upper St Clair, formerly of Rennerdale, age 81, on Sat., Feb., 16, 2002; beloved husband of the late Helen Rabold Livingston and the late Betty Grayburn Livingston; father of Linda (Charlie) Boswell of Seneca, SC, William C. (Karen) Heuber of Upper St Clair, Robert A. (Sherry) Heuber of Wilmington, NC; grandfather of William C. Heuber III, Heather Lea Toberman, Shannon Johnson & Bobby Heuber; great grandfather of Justin Toberman; brother of Arthur Livingston of Memphis, TN & David Livingston of Bellevue, WA. Mr. Livingston served during WWII as a Pilot with the 367th Fighter Group known as the "Dynamite Gang" & flew a P38 named "Moonlight Cocktail". He was employed for over 30 years by DuPont in Oakdale. He was an active member of Rennerdale Presbyterian Church & enjoyed golfing and traveling. Funeral Arrangements by BEINHAUERS, Friends welcome at 2828 Washington Road, Peters Twp. (A Woodruff Partner), (724) 941-3211, Tuesday 2-4 & 7-9 pm, where services will be held 11:00 am Wednesday. Interment in Jefferson Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be sent to the American Parkinsons Disease Assn., 420 E. North Ave., Suite 206, Pgh., PA 15212.

Got to love google search........lol
Travis
Jun 06, 2014, 11:03 AM
Smoke me a Kipper
surgical craftsmanship... kudos
Jun 06, 2014, 03:04 PM
Travis, can you give me some details on your power setup. Are you running 2 separate isolated power systems per side? (motor, ESC, batt) Or are you sharing batteries or running one ESC? I am working on a 96" B-25 that will be electric so I am curious on what other electric twins are doing for power. Also what was the reasoning for counter props? I have heard arguments for both sides

I know it is a ways out but hopefully you will be at eweek, I will be there with some large electric warbirds

Awesome plane!!!!!
Jun 06, 2014, 03:06 PM
One more question, where did you get the fine yellow text for your prop blades?
Jun 06, 2014, 08:54 PM
I can answer the question about the prop lettering since Travis found them and I ordered them for him. We got them from Pro Mark Graphics.

http://www.pro-mark.com/
Jun 06, 2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks Bobby, yup pro mark is where I got the transfers and logos for the props.
The motors are axi 5345-14hd with jeti controllers. Each side has (2) 5s 5000mah 65c thunderpower packs in series to make a 10s pack.

Travis
Jun 06, 2014, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys that is great information!! I am doing 8s per side but similar setup. What kind of flight times are you getting?
Jun 07, 2014, 02:29 PM
It will vary a good bit with throttle, but 7 min will be very doable.
Feb 22, 2016, 05:59 PM

awsome lockheed

Love everything I've seen so far on this fork tail. I had considered the V Q 80" because it already had the motor set up but now , the Yellow is looking much better thanks to you. Thinking about the same setup for power. Were those the varioprops or something else? Also,what kind of paint,battery positions, whose gear,gear door detail,stock spinners and cockpit detail for starters. Also, how did you finish the outer wing panels? Unless something has changed with that kit, they were just balsa sheeted. Did you go with recommended CG or change it? Anyway ,looking forward to hearing more about the plane and of course any video would be awsome. Thanks
Feb 23, 2016, 02:14 PM

yellow aircraft p-38

Does anyone out there have a source for a yellow aircraft p-38? The guy in San Diego isn't getting them in anymore. I'm jonesing for one to do as an electric like the beautiful one that EDF NUT did. Thanks
Feb 23, 2016, 03:19 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by downwind leg
Does anyone out there have a source for a yellow aircraft p-38? The guy in San Diego isn't getting them in anymore. I'm jonesing for one to do as an electric like the beautiful one that EDF NUT did. Thanks
"The guy" stopped making them, he announced about 2 years ago and sold all remaining stock...

Jack
Mar 11, 2016, 02:44 PM
Travis, I was wondering who made those custom props and where you had the machined parts made Please let me know.......Thanks Much

Quick Reply