This thread is privately moderated by plane_tech, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 31, 2017, 06:26 PM
Is it DS'able?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFlyer
I am looking for a build thread on how do make aileron and flap hing wipers. Search engine for this thread did not turn up anything.

Suggestions?

Tom f.
You can find that here in the "Carbon Testing Part 2!"

-James
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2017, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
You can find that here in the "Carbon Testing Part 2!"

-James
Thank you James: Perfect!

tom f.
May 31, 2017, 06:46 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
I am looking for a build thread on how do make aileron and flap hing wipers. Search engine for this thread did not turn up anything.

Suggestions?

Tom f.
Watch the whole video, but the wiper stuff starts around the 13 minute mark.

cutting the Aileron's into a moulded wing. (22 min 40 sec)

-= Dave
May 31, 2017, 11:34 PM
Thanks Dave: That was very helpful.

tom f.
Jun 01, 2017, 03:47 AM
Warbirds Lover
deleted by DC
Jul 21, 2017, 04:01 PM
So much great info! Thank you OP! Subscribed.
Oct 14, 2017, 10:40 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob
So much great info! Thank you OP! Subscribed.
Yeah, this is a great thread to follow!

Dave
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
Jul 31, 2018, 02:20 PM
Now to figure out how to do the gap seal on a bagged foam wing

Tom f.
Jul 31, 2018, 02:43 PM
Loving Lee's Slope Slut
Are you coming to the blanco slope fest Tom? I can show you how I did the supra if you catch me in the group camp
Jul 31, 2018, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarheadFlyer
Are you coming to the blanco slope fest Tom? I can show you how I did the supra if you catch me in the group camp
Hay Aaron: Wish I could be at the Cape with my fellow slope heads. My kids and grand kids are treating my wife and I to a little family reunion to celebration for our 50th wedding anniversary. They have reserved a house for the event near Lake Tahoe. We may have to take HWY 395 to get there because of all the fires. Have fun at Blanco.

When is the next Eagle Butte adventure / fun fly?

Tom f.
Jul 31, 2018, 03:36 PM
Loving Lee's Slope Slut
Next Eagle trip for us will be in October. I will shoot you some pics when we get back of the supra wing.

Happy Anniversary!
Jul 31, 2018, 03:51 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Now to figure out how to do the gap seal on a bagged foam wing

Tom f.
Just the same... as long as you don't glue a piece of wood on the hingeline . I used an old soldering iron to melt the excess foam -- and suddenly it looks like a molded wing (at the hingeline).

Here's my (as yet unfinished, shame on me -- awaiting the disparaging remarks) P51D. This was the first wiper I ever did.

-= Dave
Aug 02, 2018, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac
Just the same... as long as you don't glue a piece of wood on the hingeline . I used an old soldering iron to melt the excess foam -- and suddenly it looks like a molded wing (at the hingeline).

Here's my (as yet unfinished, shame on me -- awaiting the disparaging remarks) P51D. This was the first wiper I ever did.

-= Dave
Looks good Dave. My wing has 1/32 ply and then CF over that, so the surfaces are on the thick side. I am top hinging with marine grade Goop and the bottom LE of the flap and aileron tunks under the TE of the wing. The face of my flap and aileron are square, so attaching a gap seal is a little tricky. I am thinking that I will just put gap seal tape across the outside of the gap and call it good.

Tom f.

Quick Reply