This thread is privately moderated by flyinjrc74, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 22, 2014, 10:24 PM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
Thread OP
Gallery

New Oldie. Moby Dick 80"

Picked this up a few weeks ago. Little did I know it would be one of my favorites. It was a hangar queen sitting around since 2002 or so. It has a AXI motor and Jeti 70A esc spinning a 15x4 prop. It looks like a LSA homebuilt airplane and for its size is super lightweight. It features flaps and ailerons and was originally set up to fly on NiCad packs. I flew it on 3S 5000 lipos but I am going to try 4S next time out.

it has HS 85BB servos in it and I added a set of 5" Kavan wheels to have the ability to fly at less smooth airfields that I frequent. The Kavans are very light and really set it off.

I had put it up for sale and after guys started talking it up I had to take it out and give it a whirl. Glad I did! The only thing I was cautioned about was the fact that it does not have struts and NOT to do aerobatics. I fixed that issue since I have the tendency to test the limits from time. I added two 1/16' stainless cables to keep it easy to assemble and give it that true homebuilt look. Also added the "EXPERIMENTAL" decal on both sides!

Hope you like it. I surely do. Thanks for looking!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2014, 05:27 AM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
Thread OP
If anyone out there has one of these new in box and willing to ship I would be interested in buying it. Please send me a pm.

Quick Reply