May 21, 2014, 06:00 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Thread OP
Build Log

Sebart MythoS 50e ARF Build Thread...

Sebart MythoS 50e ARF Build Thread...

I really love my Sebart MythoS 125e, it's the absolute sweetest flying plane I own and the best looking by far. So imagine how I reacted to the news of the MythoS 50 sized plane, with the same beautiful lines as its big brother! As soon as I heard about it I asked Jason from SebartRCUSA.com to order me one and low and behold, look what showed up on my door step today, first one in North America! I've said this a few times but I've been a Sebart addict for years now, this will be my 9th Sebart plane and there is no doubt they just keep getting better and better. I've wanted another 50 sized pattern plane but just couldn't find anything I really liked until I saw this one. It has the same lines as the 125-sized version and even includes a fiberglass cowl and curved leading edges on the wings and stabs just like the bigger version. It Truly is a scaled down version, no skimping to save time or money, with the same quality, fit and finish as the big one, The covering is simply amazing, impeccable as always, not a flaw on the entire plane right out of the box, amazing!

To start the build, here are the spec's, most of the components weighed right out of the box, some of the electronics spec'ed from the vendors web site;

From Measured Weights
---------------------
Fuse 21.4 oz.
Cowl 3.2 oz.
Canopy 3.4 oz.
T. Canalizer 1.5 oz.
R Wing 9.4 oz.
L Wing 9.4 oz.
R Stab 2.5 oz.
L Stab 2.5 oz.
Rudder 1.3 oz.
Gear 3.8 oz.
Pants 1.4 oz.
W Tube 1.0 oz.
S Tube 0.2 oz.
Spinner/Hardware 5.5 oz.

Total (plane) 66.5 oz. (4.156 lb.) (1,885g)

From Manufacturer Specs.
------------------------
Hacker A50-16S 12.2 oz.
Hacker X-70A SB Pro 1.8 oz.
Servos (5) 8.75 oz.
Extensions 2 oz.
6S 5000 LiPo 28 oz.
AR 9020 RX 0.75 oz.
APC 16" x 10"E 2.2 oz.

Grand Total 122.2 oz. (7.637 lb.) (3,464g)

As always, I plan on using the exact power system as Sebart has spec'ed out on the box, I've found his planes fly very well as configured by him and why temp fate. I've got a Hacker A50-16S on order, I have used this on many times before so no worries there. I already have a Hacker X70A SB Pro NIB sitting in my parts bin, I just have to decide on servos and I'm ready to go! I will probably use a Thunder Power 6S 500 mAh 70C flight pack but have some 3,850 mAh packs too and that may offer a really great flying, low wing loading variation to try...

Jack
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2014, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
I never tire of opening up a new box and every Sebart I've ever opened is like Christmas! Everything is well packed and protected, even the wing root tips are covered with cardboard, no damage here and everything looked perfect right out of the box...

Jack
May 21, 2014, 06:42 PM
Nice build! How much was it?
May 21, 2014, 08:21 PM
Thread OP
The price is the best part, as it's currently 20% off through June 30th. I was talking to Jason (from SebartRCUSA) and he was explaining that it costs quite a bit more to make this plane over say the WindS 50e, due to the curved leading edges on the wings and stabs, the split cowl, the T-cannalizer and some other details. The normal price will be $469.99 but if you order direct (from SebartRCUSA.com) by June 30th, the sale price is $375.99 with 50% off shipping to boot. I actually talked Jason into the demo that was on display @ Joe Nall, so I cheated a bit as they aren't due until mid-August. Hey, can't blame a guy for trying ;-)

Jack
May 21, 2014, 08:27 PM
I'm going to have to call Jason, thx
May 21, 2014, 09:14 PM
Thread OP
One very nice thing about the T-cannalizer (for those that may not want it, though I can't image why?!) is it doesn't come attached and the covering is not pre-cut, so if you don't want it, you can skip cutting out the covering and leave it off. I really like the look of this mini wing though and the MythoS 125E flies on knife edge very well so IMO it works...

Jack
May 23, 2014, 01:24 PM
Very good plane.
What about your servos?
May 23, 2014, 03:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot wings
Very good plane.
What about your servos?
I'm shopping this weekend for the servos and I'll update the thread with photos after. The plans call for 5 servos total, 3 standard and 2 mini servos but the standard servos need to also be low profile, as the wing and fuse pockets are shallow (for mounting). I haven't decided what to go with yet, depends on what they have in-stock I suppose...

Jack
May 29, 2014, 06:50 AM
Thread OP
Not sure what's up in servo-land but the Spektrum mini's I want for the Elevator were backordered on Horizon's web site for a week, I looked today and they're in but... the Low Profile Standard servos for the wing and Rudder are now backordered! Doh!

Jack
May 29, 2014, 09:58 AM
Risto Hölttä - F3A/P Team FIN
Tower seems to have fitting Futaba servos in stock: 2 x S9650 for the tail and 3 x S9551 for the other positions. Just as an example... unless you have decided on Spek...
May 29, 2014, 10:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnspeed
Tower seems to have fitting Futaba servos in stock: 2 x S9650 for the tail and 3 x S9551 for the other positions. Just as an example... unless you have decided on Spek...
I can certainly find JR or Hitec too, I just wanted to try these new Spektrums. I'll probably give them another day or two then change brands...

Jac
May 30, 2014, 12:46 PM
Spektrum servos look good...they should be made by Savox factory and then rebranded..
May 30, 2014, 05:54 PM
Thread OP
Well, I'll have to try the Spektrum Servos on another plane, I couldn't wait anymore to get this thing built and flying! It turns out I had 2 brand new Hitec 5245MG mini's in my parts bin for the Stabs, so I ordered 3 HS-77BB Low Profiles for the Wings and Rudder along with the necessary extensions and Spektrum DSMx RX, should be here by Wednesday! I also have a Hacker A50-16s v3 coming on Tuesday which I'll pair with a NIB Hacker X-110 Opto Pro ESC from my parts bin ;-)

Jack
Jun 05, 2014, 09:16 PM
Thread OP
I got the motor today, it's the spec Hacker A50-16S v3 and bolts right to the motor box using the supplied cap head bolts, flat washers and lock nuts AND the spacers that come with the Hacker motor. It's pretty easy to mount with tons of room for the ESC underneath. Using the supplied spacers, the space between the thrust washer and spinner back is about 1/32", perfect!

Jack

Quick Reply