Apr 03, 2004, 08:58 PM
Thread OP

trying to figure out how to hook up and EDF 55 to a walmart boat

ok i got some cheap little rc boat at walmart to rescue my slowstick when it capsizes in the water when flying with floats. but i can't leave anything alone so i noticed the one of my extra EDF 55 fans will fit into the boat perfectly without having to glue it in or anything. now how would i hook this up. the reciver in this thing is a really cheap 27mhz reciver and i have no clue how it works but i runs off of 4 aa batteries. i was think of hooking up a esc with its own pack of Kans but i'm not sure if i can hook the esc signal wire into the positive motor wire on the boat to make the esc to work, does the esc look for a certain type of signal or do they just look for power. any help on this would be great!
thanks jeff
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2004, 09:44 PM
They look for the same signal that a servo requires. The controls in most toy RC equipment (like the Tyco boats you get at wal-mart) don't use standard equipment or signals.
..a
Apr 04, 2004, 07:22 AM
Really Ugly Stick!!
yeah!! gut that sucker, put some real stuff in it, and make it a jet powered rescue boat!! we want pics when it's done!
Apr 04, 2004, 03:44 PM
I agree with the ugly stick!
Apr 04, 2004, 08:57 PM
Thread OP
yeah i found a way to add them, i just went to radio shack and picked up a couple of micro 5 amp relays that have 4 points on them. when the relay sees the power of the motor it kicks on the edfs to go forwards and when it sees the reverse current of the motor it runs the edf in reverse. i also hooked the relays up to the steering so when it sees current from left or right it will kill that edf to help it steer. i should have just hooked up a reciever and esc but this only cost me $6 to do it this way. plus i still have the factory motors running off of 6 AA and the edfs running off of 6 cell kans. i have yet to test it out of the tub but it really gets going in there. i have some pics, anyone know howto attach a pic to a thread here? i only know how to do it from the first post
jeff
Apr 04, 2004, 09:21 PM
Go Giants!
Just click reply, then add whatever text you want, go down to the last 3/4 of the page, and click on the browse button where it says browse, in the attach file section. Then just select the pic from your computer, and click submit reply.

Brian
Apr 04, 2004, 09:53 PM
Thread OP
pic
Last edited by jeff262; Apr 04, 2004 at 10:02 PM.
Apr 04, 2004, 10:00 PM
Thread OP
pic
Apr 04, 2004, 10:03 PM
Really Ugly Stick!!
i'll bet that thing sounds awesome! even if it doesn't turn out to be a good rescue boat, it's a cool toy!
Apr 04, 2004, 10:04 PM
Holy smokes
Apr 04, 2004, 10:33 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Apr 05, 2004, 05:13 AM
Dax
Dax
There is no spoon
lol, give it some upthrust and see if it flies!
Apr 05, 2004, 06:15 AM
LOL "I don't think so, Tim"...
Apr 05, 2004, 02:22 PM
WOW!
Apr 05, 2004, 02:43 PM
Nice boat! I want to see some action pics
Isaac.S

Quick Reply