Handsome yet classy
Thread OP

Front bumper retrofit cont'd

Parts list (one item of everything):
Last edited by tramsgar; Nov 20, 2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Title
Sep 13, 2014, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramsgar
So I mentioned earlier the idea of retrofitting the Nitro Circus Monstertruck front bumber for the Sabertooth, as the cars are siblings and share a lot of parts. It turned out quite well, actually:
Good to know I order those same parts last week hope to get them soon
Sep 14, 2014, 11:03 AM
That's great tramsgar, but you missed giving us a picture a bit zoomed out so we can see how it looks. I bought a 1/8 blank bumper for mine and custom drilled it to fit, looks cool. Not sure if I posted mine here.
Sep 14, 2014, 05:07 PM
Handsome yet classy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
That's great tramsgar, but you missed giving us a picture a bit zoomed out so we can see how it looks.
Ok, sorry, I weeded out those shots because they were bad, but here goes:
Sep 21, 2014, 07:14 AM
OK, the 4 bottom screws. Are they the same ones or are they longer and if so, what is the part number. I would like to have longer screws for the bottom, as now they don't bite enough into the diff case and I'm afraid they might strip out.
Sep 22, 2014, 04:16 PM
Handsome yet classy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
OK, the 4 bottom screws. Are they the same ones or are they longer and if so, what is the part number.
The parts list above includes all you need, including the longer screws:
ISO4*16 Screws - Nitro Circus Basher 1/8 Scale Monster Truck (10pcs) ( https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...735&aff=831805 )
Sep 25, 2014, 02:16 PM
My first post here, thanks for the info on the truggy, very helpful.
Sep 27, 2014, 08:26 AM
Handsome yet classy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The RC peasant
My first post here, thanks for the info on the truggy, very helpful.
Welcome to RCG!
Sep 28, 2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks. As you may have guessed I bought a Sabretooth. This will be my first modern RC car, my last one was a Turbo Hopper yeeeeeeears ago.
I'm wondering if the ESC can be programmed with the Turnigy program card?
PRODUCT ID: TG-Prog
Sep 28, 2014, 09:06 PM
Don't try it, you might fry it. It doesn't need programming. Get ready for a surprise. This is the first car since my nitro 2 speed that makes me shake like when I fly my helicopters. VERY powerful. I'm thinking of adding the Nitro Circus to the collection as it's only $200 now for the older version with non waterproof ESC. (I would never get my expensive cars wet anyway)
Sep 29, 2014, 09:11 AM
Well, I don't think it'll fry it, the two either talk to each other or don't. It's just difficult to get the information but I saw the Skywing page for Sabretooth's ESC and the programming card looked a lot like the Turnigy card I have for my boat.

I'm also wondering about how exactly braking works, it's the motor jamming the transmission? Seems rough, I wonder if you can put disc brakes in there?

And upgrade to sensored? If a plane or boat cogs in the wrong direction at startup it's not a big deal, but on a car...
Sep 29, 2014, 05:26 PM
Handsome yet classy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The RC peasant
I'm also wondering about how exactly braking works, it's the motor jamming the transmission? Seems rough, I wonder if you can put disc brakes in there?
It's electrical breaking by the ESC doing exactly the opposite of what it does when running. Adjustable through programming, really powerful and doesn't need replacing imho =).
Sep 29, 2014, 08:50 PM
what length have the shocks?
Sep 30, 2014, 06:21 AM
Any of you all see that the older version (80A non waterproof ESC) in now at the USA warehouse for $199 ??? I wish it was that price when I bought the Sabertooth. Tempted to buy one now. I would, but I just ordered a Blade 350QX now that they are being sold at blowout prices. Been wanting one of those since they came out. I gotta stop collecting cars. They're just so pretty.... I like just looking at them. And they store nicely on shelves unlke my foam airplanes.

Quick Reply