Found around the forums. - Page 8 - RC Groups
Mar 11, 2017, 04:50 PM
Slope-a-Dope
Very much like Ken Arnold's UFO sighting descriptions.

Took my powered Ablaufen Nurflugel out for some early pre-wind flights today.

Very slow, floaty and graceful. Can't stand wind at all though.

Here's a couple of screen grabs from the video which will have to wait until Monday to upload. The kiddos gobble our bandwidth on the weekends gaming.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2017, 10:51 AM
Slope-a-Dope
And the video. Please pardon the camera focus issues. After filming I noticed the settings dial was stuck in between two options.

So there is some in and out of focus going on.

Nurflugel - park flight (2 min 52 sec)
May 15, 2017, 04:34 AM
You know nothing....
Another beauty trom Fabrice
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ites-what-else
May 18, 2017, 01:18 PM
You know nothing....
A printed wing-
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...g-wing-project

And a plank-
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1117576
Endorsed by Uwe!
Jun 02, 2017, 03:30 PM
You know nothing....
And now for something completely different
RA-Letters / ICRA 2017 - SUWAVE Aquatic Drone (2 min 32 sec)
Jun 04, 2017, 06:38 AM
InceCreations
Nice find !
Jun 04, 2017, 08:02 AM
You know nothing....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent123
Nice find !
Thought you'd like it
Now if they could fold its wing....
Jun 05, 2017, 02:29 AM
skumgummi dave
That's another of Gods wonderful designs. Just marvelous!

Dave-
Aug 04, 2017, 04:21 PM
You know nothing....
https://youtu.be/BNIpJcOZPlA. Full scale komet glider-
And a turbine powered model
Red Rocket RC Jet ME-163 Komet turbine model Hausen Flugtag 2014 Sonntag (6 min 31 sec)
Aug 05, 2017, 03:11 AM
InceCreations
Wow, great pilot ! Fantastic.
Aug 05, 2017, 08:56 AM
InceCreations
Ever saw this one ?

Giant Me163 Formation Flight (5 min 24 sec)
Aug 05, 2017, 09:45 AM
You know nothing....
No I hadn't,nice find!
Sep 01, 2017, 03:19 AM

Klingberg Wing mk 2

As posted on the rigid wing yahoo mailing list.......

I'm Rol Klinberg and I'm extending an invitation to everyone so you can follow the development of my next foot-launched sailplane. As you may already know, I'm the designer, builder, and test pilot of the original Klingberg Wing. I also owned Future Flight which produced the R/C model kits.

My current design is intended to significantly improve performance of rigid wings without making too many sacrifices in terms of transportation and weight. This will be the first practical 15 meter span rigid thus putting it in the Standard Class category of sailplanes.

The current goals are:

Flying Wing
L/D = 35+
Empty Wt = 100 lbs (without harness, instruments, and chute)
Span = 15m
Structure = All molded composite

Other factors driving the design include making the construction simple enough that an average home builder could complete one with simple hand tools and a few bench top machines. Also, I have created a molding process that is low cost and can be used to build just one aircraft or can be used by clubs to do a short production run.

I'm just starting to post the development on YouTube at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXh..._as=subscriber https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXh..._as=subscriber

Please feel free to post this link on any related site. (That banner is a shot of my daughter holding one of the R/C models - better one coming)

Currently there is only one video, but I have many more coming soon. Right now I'm in the initial structural testing stages and finalizing the aerodynamic configuration. I expect it to be another 2 yrs before there is a flyable version.

Also of note: I'm currently aiming to have the flight controls be fly-by-wire, which should be a first in gliders of any type (subject to change after further engineering).

I hope you all will subscribe and get automatic updates as I go along.

Finally, let me note a couple key items. First, I will probably not respond to comments because of my extremely tight personal schedule - sorry. Also, all the information presented is for your entertainment ONLY! I'm not making any promises that any of the processes or designs presented will result in a safe and flyable aircraft. So, I strongly suggest you simply, "Don't try this at home!"

As I proceed with the development of my new wing, it would be great to have a little help from folks with special skill sets. If you, or someone you know, has experience in one of the following areas, please hit me up at rolklingATgmail.com

Needs:
Aero Analysis (Immediate Need): you need to have a copy of, and know how to use a current CFD program (example: Linair Pro). Experience level = extensive to expert - engineering background a good add. If for some reason you are a flat-out expert in this area but don't have the software, we can work something out.
Structural Analysis (Immediate Need): Have a copy of MatLab or similar (SolidWorks with analysis pkg) to do FEA of composite structures. Experience level = extensive to expert - engineering background almost essential. If for some reason you are a flat-out expert in this area but don't have the software, we can work something out. Fly-by-Wire or Drive-by-Wire Systems (Needed in the near future): Experience with components, software, and system design. Experience level = expert
Composite Construction (Needed on and off, maybe near term): Experience with wet layup and vacuum bagging type work. Experience level - limited to expert (I can train you as we go) - experience with aircraft structures a plus. You will be working with strong chemicals, but protective gear will be provided.
Video (Immediate Need - as in yesterday): Someone to shoot stills and video. Experience level = any. Editing/YouTube experience a big plus. Willingness to travel the Bay Area.
I am retired and generally work after noon during the week and all day and on weekends. I need helpers with flexible schedules so they can be available when I need them. I am working to a general schedule and will expect timely support.

There is no cash compensation for any of this help, but I assure you we will have lots of fun and good eats! Plus, you will be working on the cutting edge of the aviation world. That, and you will probably have a chance to fly the models which is always "interesting". So, drop me a note listing your quals - please no formal resumes (that's a "wrong" approach here and will be rejected upon receipt).

Let me know if you'd like to tag along on this adventure,
Rol Klingberg
Last edited by miniphase; Sep 01, 2017 at 08:46 AM.
Sep 01, 2017, 07:12 AM
You know nothing....
Good stuff,we now have links to two full size projects.I would imagine the rc version will create a lot of interest.
Sep 01, 2017, 01:18 PM
Person of interest
Here's another that has been around for about 15 years or so - the Leonardo.

Designed by Jupp Wimmer and descended from a long range of RC models.

http://www.inter-ex.com/deutsch/interex17/jupp.htm