May 19, 2014, 11:04 AM
Thread OP
New Product

OFM SkyView 350 Quad with SPA

This thread has been closed due to the fact towards the end of this thread discussions got heavily heated and way out of line as far as I'm concerned. I in no way endorse this type of behavior and I am in no way connected to the product or the sellers of this product. I only presented it originally because no one else had created a thread and there were some interesting specs so I thought it was worth sharing. You can still scroll through and find helpful information. Also it seems there are now other threads opened directly related to the product so you can seek information/discussion there. Thank you.

This is a new release coming from onlyflyingmachines.com. The OFM SkyView. In the 350 class most would think of it as just another Phantom clone, however watching video's and seeing the specs it looks to have some really nice integrations and have solid flight characteristics.

The biggest thing that really interest me is the Safety Protocol Algorithm (SPA). This algorithm runs and supposedly prevents abnormal flight behaviors, out of control drifting and wait for it.... flyaways. Even if things like the GPS or magnometer acts up then it can over come these things. This in and of it self is a huge thing.

Another nice feature is it offers one touch setup on the FreeX FC.

A few other key features:
-7 Channel Tx
-Altitude/Attitude hold mode
-A hover auto-return option. Rather than just returning to home the quad will hold position when a signal is lost allowing you to get into position to regain control. Awesome feature if flying in areas with large trees or obstructions.

Other than that it has the features most have come to expect on the RTF 350 quads(IOC, GPS Hold, Low Voltage Indicator), but some nice and much needed additions to those features.

Also it looks like a PNP gimbal is also a part of the package or at least offered as an add on.

You can find the full run down of the specs on the OFM site (check them out as it's a pretty exhaustive list well laid out and not just a bunch of broken up english fluff ) http://onlyflyingmachines.com/produc...ab-description

Don't know if that's the official price but seems pretty well priced if so.

OFM SkyView Quadcopter More Flight Testing and Updates (7 min 26 sec)

OFM SkyView Quadcopter Flown by a Total Beginner (7 min 21 sec)
Last edited by jlcamp7; Aug 29, 2014 at 12:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2014, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the post.

Tx will be 7ch for now. but 1km range
Brushless gimbal for now is part of the deal.

and yes please do point out some broken up English fluff so I can correct it and it won't cause confusion. and if there are any points causing confusion on site page, I would like to correct them too if you point them out

For now the price is Introductory. Later there will be two options
Quadcopter RTF without Brushless gimbal. Price range could be 379$ to 400$
Quadcopter RTF with Brushless Gimbal. Price range 449$ to 489$
Quadcopter RTF with Brushless Gimbal, and Professional Aluminum Carrying case. Price is not decided yet due to the fact shipping is very costly with Aluminum case and weight its adding. still working with EMS on that.

The only issue i see so far to ship individual orders is that some countries custom will return the package if there is a battery inside. so I might discuss it with shipper more and might not ship with battery. Batteries are super easy to find. 3S 11.1v 2700mAh 25C are available cheap and widely everywhere.

Good news is, SkyView is waterproof. we will try to do a demo flight in rain. Only worry is if 2.4ghz Transmission will be Rain friendly or not. gotta see that

More updates will follow here and on my site.
May 19, 2014, 10:34 PM
Thread OP
Tx info edited.

Thanks so much for the extra info. A really outstanding price point. Nice edition with the waterproofing.
May 20, 2014, 08:11 AM
Do you know what shipping charge is to the UK?
May 20, 2014, 03:00 PM
Always Excel >>>
Nice work James. And great prices Ali;

From the first time I saw the test video, the FC caught my attention. It seems very responsive and alert.

What's the distance in diagonal from motor to motor?
Last edited by BenHayat; May 20, 2014 at 03:05 PM.
May 20, 2014, 03:35 PM
Thread OP
396mm according to specs. Don't know if that's motor to motor or tip to tip. I'd guess the standard motor to motor measurement.
May 21, 2014, 04:46 AM
Alishanmao I'm thinking of buying this with Gimbal, and Aluminum Case, I'm from spain you know the total price and when do you start send it?

Thanks.
May 21, 2014, 12:24 PM
<Marty>
I have been following this for a while now and happy to see it launching ...Looks like the other certain quad that was supposed to be out by now is a big flop ...this one looks to be more promising in performance features for beginners ...just curious does it have the ability to do planned missions or is that a future firmware update to be added later on?
May 21, 2014, 01:08 PM
How long before they are available to purchase?

Randy
May 22, 2014, 08:02 PM
1 Month, 1 Year?
May 23, 2014, 06:01 AM
Watching...
May 24, 2014, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart read
Do you know what shipping charge is to the UK?
We are trying our best to keep it minimum. James will have his own UK dealer later. for now if you pre order from OFM, we plan to ship by DHL and keep costs as low as possible.

you best keep in touch with me after pre orders
May 24, 2014, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat
Nice work James. And great prices Ali;

From the first time I saw the test video, the FC caught my attention. It seems very responsive and alert.

What's the distance in diagonal from motor to motor?
I have seen James does not even sleep so long. at the moment his best intentions are to test, test and test and test again at the end of the day and sleep with the plans of testing more of this Quadcopter. Seeing his efforts, I am sure together we will deliver a product that will make its own name instantly in this market.

and that is the reason, we are trying our best to keep the prices very affordable too.
May 24, 2014, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool
1 Month, 1 Year?
For first pre orders of 50 pcs strictly from OFM, we expect to deliver around or before Mid June 2014
May 24, 2014, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donadir9
Alishanmao I'm thinking of buying this with Gimbal, and Aluminum Case, I'm from spain you know the total price and when do you start send it?

Thanks.
For now you might wanna go with Pre orders. With Aluminum case to Spain, it will be insane costly

Quick Reply