May 18, 2014, 07:04 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

My D 4023-850 motor MOD

Hello All I have these cheap 850 motors.They are good motors for price& power, but i
did not like the shaft being up so hi. So i wanted to put shafts closer to Bell for better
balance & less vibration! But even when i took out set screw, the shaft would not move
with tap with hammer! So i heard this info from a guy to heat the place right where the
set screw was to melt the thread lock material! So wet paper towels into little pieces,
then stuff them in the Bell holes & be careful not to over do it. It did not take that much
just a few seconds from my torch! Bingo hit pretty good whack between two pieces of
wood to support the bell, & be sure to take off motor mount, just to be safe not to break
it. It worked well i put the shaft as far down as possible! you have to be sure only so far
because if the threads are on the bearings it won't spin properly! So only go as far as
before the bearings with the threads! Cool way less vibration & i will put right sized
wheel collar on the bottom of the shaft to act as a GYRO effect flywheel of sorts! this
will improve stability of the QUAD. Any way you can stop vibration is Good , better
flight times Etc or just better for FPV! Take Care All Stabilator
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply