Dec 25, 2001, 10:23 PM
E-flight nut

Can somebody please suggest a good sim?

I tried the RipMax rcsim demo, and I'm not impressed by the lack of realism. Is the Cockpit master/backyard edition a good one? I don't like the Idea of having to buy RF before you can see if it will run on your system.

Thanks for any advice!

---Reuben
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2001, 10:49 PM
the#1

Santa delivered a Real Flight R/C Simulator today. I had seen it before so I knew what I was getting. Works fine on my Compaq Pentium III 700 mhz. Mine is the very basic unit. I'll be upgrading as I get bored with what is there now.
Dec 26, 2001, 10:32 AM
I've been using RealFlight G2 for about a year and just love it! I started with helis and have been flying planes also lately. (Yeah I'm backwards) Get the included transmitter to prevent wear/tear/problems with using your own. It's a little more, but G2 has helped my flying a LOT. Add in the enjoyment / eye candy factor and I've never regretted my purchase.
-Peter
Dec 26, 2001, 11:53 AM

try before you buy

hey im a poor college student but recently i got the free rc flight sim called FMS and love it. i use my own transmitter with an interface cable to fly the planes. my favorite is the f-14 off of the island. search for it on yahoo and try it...the price is right...FREE.
thanks
matt
Dec 26, 2001, 12:30 PM
The best simulator at the moment might be the AEROFLY professional from Ikarus (but it isn't cheap!). Jürgen
Dec 26, 2001, 12:35 PM
Oh, by the way, don't be fooled by the old Aerofly Sim at
www.ikarus-modellbau.de , the new one is like a Pentium compared to a 386. Jürgen
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Dec 26, 2001 at 12:38 PM.