May 14, 2014, 05:16 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Buddy Flight™ in Pitlab&Zbig FPV System

Along with the new 2.20 version of the software for FPV System we’ve made new Buddy Flight™ functionality.
It supports FPV group flights by displaying on the OSD screen position of all planes in the group like on radar.
So no more questions to your buddy like: “where you are?”, “How is your altitude?”, “where you are flying now?”.
You can follow other airplane easily, fly together to “make mission”, or just to take a superb photos like that:

Now your HUD screen can shows positions up to 6 other planes equipped with Buddy Flight™ , relative to your current position.
Flying in flight formation, or just avoid collision in air is now easier than ever.

Buddy Flight™ with Pitlab OSD part II (4 min 13 sec)

If other airplane with buddy flight crash or perform emergency landing, on your screen their last position is still active and helps find lost model.
All you need is Pitlab OSD with additional Buddy Flight™ radiomodem.
Once configured in OSD menu, Buddy Flight ™ is ready to use and automatically detects other airplanes with Buddy Flight ™ modem active, as in my case, when during flight with my friend Peter, we’ve detected other airplane from distant airfield!
On following pictude there is airplane position marked “A” on OSD screen, approx 4 kilometers away

Radiomodem works on 868MHz (European version), but also we can sold 433 or 913 MHz version for other countries.

Please share here your opinion, or experiences with Buddy Flight™ feature.
Last edited by Zbig; May 14, 2014 at 05:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2014, 09:18 AM
Flaps are mandatory
Zbig, this seems very innovative to me! Is there anything alike on the market? Or are you braking new ground here? Could it be developed to register also full size airplanes I think you have come up with something very useful ! Well done!

// P
May 14, 2014, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
I known something called "dogfight" in one text-only (!) OSD ,
but this is innovative feature in many ways. Probably other will follow us soon or later, beacuse it gives another degree of freedom in our hobby - both in fun and safety.
We are thinking about registering full-size airplanes, but such functionality don't exists so far (it will require laptop with on-line internet connectivity on airfield ).
Last edited by Zbig; May 15, 2014 at 07:21 AM.
May 14, 2014, 11:43 AM
Flaps are mandatory
Ok, anyway a very nice feature. Unfortunately my flying buddy/son have a rvosd and I think it will be difficult to convince him to change that for a pitlab system future will tell!

// P
May 16, 2014, 09:51 PM
Engineer for Christ
Zbig, this is great stuff! Glad to see you're still around and making progress. I have been working on a combat system for years now. This would make daytime combat much more fun!

-Alex
May 25, 2014, 02:28 AM
Arrange the modem inside the fuselage of my Skywalker 1900

May 25, 2014, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
Today's flights with Piotrowy.

And from the other point of view:

Jun 29, 2014, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
Today I've visited other airfield in Warsaw - Palacowa (7km away from my airfield). Thanks to Buddy Flight™
I can locate other airplane with Pitlab equippment, and we manage to fly together for a while.

Jul 31, 2014, 12:30 AM
Thread OP
Yesterday's BuddyFlight compilation:

Goniąc szybowiec po niebie (BuddyFlight) (9 min 50 sec)

Even with BuddyFlight it takes some time to catch other airplane into camera view. But in a distance without BuddyFlight it is impossible at all.
Oct 13, 2019, 08:33 AM
I like the system, but i am now using 868 crossfire and can not use buddyflight anymore, please make one for 433 @Zbig

I want to support pitlab, but will be nice if you guys also make hardware for other people

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SNE-LX1 met Tapatalk
Oct 13, 2019, 09:08 AM
Thread OP
The problem is that all airplanes you want to fly with should have this same Buddy Flight frequency. If your mate on airfield use 433MHz for RC (LRS) he cannot use Buddyflight at 433MHz .
Oct 13, 2019, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbig
The problem is that all airplanes you want to fly with should have this same Buddy Flight frequency. If your mate on airfield use 433MHz for RC (LRS) he cannot use Buddyflight at 433MHz .
My buddys also fly crossfire 868, crossfire is more and more on the market not 433, will be a smart idear to sell both versions, so people can choice

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SNE-LX1 met Tapatalk
Oct 14, 2019, 06:15 AM
fast
that's all activity in 5years ? My buddy an I use this feature every flight and on ground.
Top left arrow shows buddydir., distance next line and alt.dif. below
FPV proximity DVR OSD Betzet (2 min 19 sec)

here ground vehicle got GPS lock at 6:10, same upper left arrow
LaserTag FPV RC cars real laser Bottle Battle, ЛазерТаг танчики (14 min 54 sec)
Oct 15, 2019, 04:35 PM
Do you use minim osd for this on the ground?
Oct 16, 2019, 06:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
that's all activity in 5years ?
This thread is inactive for years (btw. I should close it), all acitvity about our system is here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...l-release-2-60

btw. What is purpose for your post here (except trolling)?

Quick Reply