Jun 12, 2014, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWheelsMojo View Post
Way to many problems surfacing on these 303's , theyre fun as heck when they are working but having had the sudden crash myself im ready to send the PAYPAL Posse out.

Been checking for bad connections but haven't found any........yet
The one I got didn't have the silicone goop on it, but if you look at the Gallery of pics in this thread the first picture of the FC you can see the same thing your pic shows but with clear goop and the bent pins
Houston we have a problem , WLToys new about this and band aid'd it with the goop
This is not good
Was this a May 17th batch order ?

Im gonna sleep on this before the next step, one week today it arrived and such a roller coaster
You were very close! I ordered this unit from Hobbywow May 15th, 2014. It actually shipped out from their shop May 20th, 2014.
The customer service from Hobbywow regarding the problems I have had with this unit has been very dissapointing, to say the least
Last edited by QuadFlyer01; Jun 12, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2014, 11:05 PM
I have just had a new problem happen this evening. I watched the WL Toys video on how to both trim the error of quadcopter installation and trim the control lever of the transmitter so my control will be better. After I followed the instructions now the v 303 will not power up. It just idles and when I push the throttle up it just does nothing. Now the quad won't build up enough power to lift off the ground. Is there a way to undo this? DO NOT TRIM THE CONTROL LEVER. Don't follow these instructions or you will not be able to fly your quad anymore. There is obvious software problem with this quad and a bad power supply issue. I believe I made a mistake buying this v 303 with all the problems it seems to be having. Should of purchased a Phantom!
Jun 12, 2014, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalterman View Post
I have just had a new problem happen this evening. I watched the WL Toys video on how to both trim the error of quadcopter installation and trim the control lever of the transmitter so my control will be better. After I followed the instructions now the v 303 will not power up. It just idles and when I push the throttle up it just does nothing. Now the quad won't build up enough power to lift off the ground. Is there a way to undo this? DO NOT TRIM THE CONTROL LEVER. Don't follow these instructions or you will not be able to fly your quad anymore. There is obvious software problem with this quad and a bad power supply issue. I believe I made a mistake buying this v 303 with all the problems it seems to be having. Should of purchased a Phantom!
I would guess you have messed up the trim of the transmitter and is so out of whack that the motion of the throttle lever has no affect on the quad.
try doing the trim error that you did again, make sure you are doing it right, I haven't done it so I can't help you there. do it until you get it working again. as just a test you could try adjusting the trim on the controller beside the throttle to see if that changes anything.
If all of that doesn't work, you could run the software and re-adjust the controller that way. I haven't done that either, but others have discussed that here.
Jun 12, 2014, 11:57 PM
I was flying when I got home tonight, first flight after the power line crash. I turned the go-pro looking down, video looks good, but those big old feet are in the shot. I may have to remedy that in the future.
Jun 13, 2014, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy77 View Post
Thanks JPAlbee for your response!

I replaced now the Rx and Tx with my Spektrum Dx6i. Here i can reverse the channels and everything works again! The only differense is, i can only arm the motors when the GPS Signal is found. With WLtoys "version" i could still fly with bad or no GPS signal.
@Caddy77
Can you make some pictures and show me how you connected the RX (with one cable like the old Rx board ore more?)?
And which RX did you use?
Jun 13, 2014, 04:38 AM
Suspended Account
Anyone got an answer after contacting WLtoys?
Jun 13, 2014, 06:54 AM
Spare props, 3 sets arrived yesterday. The props have an extra plastic part across the holes that has to be removed.

So it seems the props are definately not balanced, so balancing is a must for the originals (at least I think they are orginals from BG...?)
Jun 13, 2014, 07:02 AM
mmm I think the extra plastic is not to be removed... it helps to fix the blade in the motor
Last edited by aougruti; Jun 13, 2014 at 07:10 AM.
Jun 13, 2014, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aougruti View Post
mmm I think the extra plastic is not to be removed... it helps to fix the blade in the motor
no, it's blocking the hole, it has to be removed.
the balance seemed to be the same as the ones that came on mine,
close but not perfect.
Jun 13, 2014, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalterman View Post
I assume you are talking about the video posted on dropbox. Looks like the he does full circle twice, compared with the written instructions that say once. Don't know if it makes a difference or not.
Jun 13, 2014, 09:27 AM
Close to CAMPX Ians Old School
thalterman-- run the GUI and re center the stick calibration so the sticks endpoints are re -learned and make sure you get the 2 green cross hairs centered up
Then go throught the calibration procedure and you should be good to go
This worked for me as I had the EXACT same thing happen
Took many tries as for some reason the LED refused to Give solid RED LED
to Flashing RED LED, was only able to get a GREEN version of that step in the "STEP11"
Then all of a sudden got RED and was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx1mark View Post
I would guess you have messed up the trim of the transmitter and is so out of whack that the motion of the throttle lever has no affect on the quad.
try doing the trim error that you did again, make sure you are doing it right, I haven't done it so I can't help you there. do it until you get it working again. as just a test you could try adjusting the trim on the controller beside the throttle to see if that changes anything.
If all of that doesn't work, you could run the software and re-adjust the controller that way. I haven't done that either, but others have discussed that here.
Jun 13, 2014, 10:59 AM
What is the URL to download this GUI application? Is it just a matter of connecting the V303 to a PC via the USB port to run it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWheelsMojo View Post
thalterman-- run the GUI and re center the stick calibration so the sticks endpoints are re -learned and make sure you get the 2 green cross hairs centered up
Then go throught the calibration procedure and you should be good to go
This worked for me as I had the EXACT same thing happen
Took many tries as for some reason the LED refused to Give solid RED LED
to Flashing RED LED, was only able to get a GREEN version of that step in the "STEP11"
Then all of a sudden got RED and was fine.
Jun 13, 2014, 11:31 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aougruti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx1mark View Post
no, it's blocking the hole, it has to be removed.
the balance seemed to be the same as the ones that came on mine,
close but not perfect.
A picture would help a lot!
Jun 13, 2014, 11:45 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
What is the URL to download this GUI application? Is it just a matter of connecting the V303 to a PC via the USB port to run it?
You need to also load the driver. GUI and driver file attached.
Jun 13, 2014, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
A picture would help a lot!
I have aready taken mine off. it's piece of plastic running across the hole, it is from the molding process, you could not install the blade on the quad with it still there.
it's not the key-indent inside the hub. maybe someone else who still has them on can take a picture.

Quick Reply