The WLToys V303 (350 sized) "Seeker" quadcopter review - Page 5 - RC Groups
May 16, 2014, 11:28 PM
Hmm. At this price, seems like a good basher to start with.
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2014, 04:17 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohn
coupon code mules5 was working on banggood yesterday for 5% off, but it's not today.
There are some cash back sites that should help a little, included FatWallet.
Thanks man, i will look into it.
May 17, 2014, 05:11 AM

"Owners" group size...?

Just ordered the thing last night, it seems there have been 24 sold by BG.

Looking at the sparse outcome to a query "V303 Seeker" it seems about 24 is right there :-)
May 17, 2014, 05:58 AM
I hope they ship before those who ordered at first, when I bought it was still in stock
May 17, 2014, 06:07 AM

V303 spare parts

OK, I just ordered 1(population 3?)! As it seems to have standard motors, anybody NO if I can substitute any props(as spares in case)? Also what R the battery dimensions, so I can order a couple. James, what did U mean when U said"No flight envelope protection") This is my first venture into a 350 size & I've got a lot to learn! Thanks, Seekers! Me.(mike).
May 17, 2014, 06:14 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike173
OK, I just ordered 1(population 3?)! As it seems to have standard motors, anybody NO if I can substitute any props(as spares in case)? Also what R the battery dimensions, so I can order a couple. James, what did U mean when U said"No flight envelope protection") This is my first venture into a 350 size & I've got a lot to learn! Thanks, Seekers! Me.(mike).
Flight Envelope is a Blade 350QX feature, it means the quad cannot get near the pilot, its a nice safety feature.
May 17, 2014, 06:36 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike173
http://hobbyking.com.au/hobbyking/st...Lipo_Pack.html

I would think this could be possibly something you could get to replace it, granted its only 20C, but it should be OK
It has the same end as the Quad, so I would wait till you get yours and measure the Battery, also get the weight
I would also look at getting a proper balance charger

http://hobbyking.com.au/hobbyking/st..._GENUINE_.html

You will also need a power brick for that charger
Around $15, you can get this gear off eBay, but HK warranty is pretty good

I would buy 3 batteries & the charger, so you can charge 2 batteries at once, or charge @ close to 2C (2700mAH @ 1C = 2.7 amps should take 1hr to charge)
My batteries are 2200 mAH and I charge @ 4400 mAH, normally takes around 34 mins per battery, and I have 7, so charging @ 2C can have its benefits
I have that exact charger and it has served me for over 3 years

Quote:
Flight Envelope is a Blade 350QX feature, it means the quad cannot get near the pilot, its a nice safety feature.
I am not having a go at you Ghost, but that Flight Envelope sounds a little stupid, I always catch my P1 when landing, I don't think I have ever landed my craft on its LG, mine is susceptible to tip overs, so I don't trust the landing gear at all..
May 17, 2014, 06:40 AM
Um, I thought it had to do with preventing the quad from performing maneuvers that would exceed its capabilities, and thus cause it to topple out of the sky.

For example, a quick Google says:

"Flight envelope protection is a human machine interface extension of an aircraft’s control system that prevents the pilot of an aircraft from making control commands that would force the aircraft to exceed its structural and aerodynamic operating limits. It is used in some form in all modern commercial fly-by-wire aircraft. Its advantage is that it restricts pilots in emergency situations so they can react quickly without endangering the safety of their aircraft."

Personally, I'm wondering why it's capable of DETECTING such maneuvers (and flashing angrily at you), but not actually smoothly preventing them.
May 17, 2014, 06:44 AM
Closed Account
Manual overrides all this, so you can do acros, generally the more stable the platform, means a combination of the FC and GPS is being used, so you can't do stupid maneuvers on purpose, unless you have a manual over ride..
May 17, 2014, 06:46 AM
Yeah, but it seems there's ONLY manual. The review says:

" I did find somewhat of a problem with the flight characteristics though, being that it’s really not that hard to push the V303 out of its flight envelope (the LED turns yellow in these conditions). If the quad is pushed out of its flight envelope, it seems to play havoc with the accelerometers/gyros; this is not something that an experienced pilot can’t handle (especially if you have experience with smaller quads, it’s not hard to recover from at all), but for new pilots it sure might catch them by surprise."

So... seems like it's willing to let you do stupid things. :-/
May 17, 2014, 06:54 AM
Closed Account
Maybe Jack? needs to clarify exactly what flight modes this actually has?
I had a WLtoys 262? and I could do all sorts of stupid things with it, BUT it was stable, so when I would free fall and it would flip upside down, I could re power the craft and it would hover fine
It had 3 flight modes, 33%, 66% and 100%, 100% being full power but kind of stupid as if you went full throttle, the vehicle would do a flip
This could be similar to what the reviewer is talking about?
For the price WL is asking, this Quad is super cheap, but could be an expensive mistake if you have never flown before..
May 17, 2014, 06:55 AM
Suspended Account
Anyone who want 10$ cupon codes just PM me with your email, that cupon code works on this one.
May 17, 2014, 07:41 AM
Suspended Account
I dont read anything about flight modes, does it have any, or is only GPS?

Thanks
May 17, 2014, 08:17 AM
GhostMaster sent me a PM regarding his post (see below):
"Anyone who want 10$ cupon codes just PM me with your email, that cupon code works on this one. "

and I ordered a V303 from Banggood and the $10 Coupon Code he sent me worked like a champ!!!

CK
Last edited by CitizenKane; May 17, 2014 at 08:24 AM.
May 17, 2014, 08:53 AM
The flightless bird
There is no manual flight mode guys, no dual rates either... The only flight options that you have: you can takeoff with or without GPS.. if you take off without, it will search for a signal till it locks on to the GPS. There's also the option of turning the intelligent orientation mode on and off..but that's it.Hence why I found the need to address the lack of flight envelope protection... In normal flight it is possible to push the quad into attitudes it was not designed to handle...It is designed to be a camera rig more than a sports model I guess.
And sunfox has it right, that's exactly what I meant by flight envelope protection.
Last edited by jameschen072; May 17, 2014 at 09:23 AM.