The WLToys V303 (350 sized) "Seeker" quadcopter review - Page 2 - RC Groups
May 14, 2014, 09:57 PM
semper mitis
James,

Your reviews just keep getting better and better. Can't wait to see what is next.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2014, 10:10 PM
Is it the Blade 200QX ? in a photo (or already a clone of it) ?
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
May 14, 2014, 10:25 PM
semper mitis
I see a photo of the Blade 350QX for size comparison but not one with the 200. Which photo are you referring to?
I am old and my eyes/attention are not what they used to be.
May 14, 2014, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben
I see a photo of the Blade 350QX for size comparison but not one with the 200. Which photo are you referring to?
I am old and my eyes/attention is not what it used to be.
Sorry, it's my mistake, you are right it's a 350QX ....
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
May 14, 2014, 10:57 PM
Suspended Account
nice trial
May 14, 2014, 11:07 PM
Nice review!

Which one is the better deal: V303 or CX-20?
May 14, 2014, 11:33 PM
The flightless bird
Thanks gentle_ben, succes and driverside, hearing that you guys enjoyed the review really makes it all worthwhile.. (this review took A LOT of time to write). The photo is indeed of my beloved 350Qx, been flying her quite a bit lately and I'm absolutely loving the performance.
@driverside, personally I would go for the V303, namely because I know the FC and the RF are both made by reputable companies that are great at what they do (ZeroUAV and HiSKY). That said, from FyreSG's videos it looks like the CX20 may be just a tad sportier and the V303 a bit more optimized for camera work, so it's up to what you want to do with the quad as well...

For a review of the CX20, I suggest reading FyreSG's excellent review here... both of us are known for our honest reviews, so I guess it's really up to making an opinion from what our reviews tell you
Last edited by jameschen072; May 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM.
May 15, 2014, 01:52 AM
The flightless bird
Just uploaded the fixed video, in high definition.
The WLToys V303 "Seeker" quadcopter (7 min 12 sec)
May 15, 2014, 04:29 AM
I am not sure coz I read the CX-20 thread in diagonal, but it's possible to mod a bit this latter to active the path-planner ... so It's really a good point for the CX-20. Regarding the range, the V303 is slightly better ....
Last edited by SeByDocKy; May 15, 2014 at 04:40 AM.
May 15, 2014, 04:41 AM
The flightless bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
I am not sure coz I read the CX-20 in diagonal, but it's possible to mod a bit the latter to active the path-planner ... so It's really a good point for the CX-20. Regarding the range, the V303 is slightly better ....
and the reliability of the FC of course... but that's why I said it's better for the buyer to reach their own decision, weighing in on what they want to use it for.
May 15, 2014, 04:55 AM
great review! It seems very stable and responds well to commands. I am torn between this and the Skyartec X Free, I read that the "X Free" is better as electronics and software ...
May 15, 2014, 05:29 AM
The flightless bird
Thanks Serterius, it certainly is an extremely good quad. I don't know how good the X-Free is, supposedly they put a lot of effort into the safety aspect of the quad, so it shouldn't be too bad at all. That said, I find it hard to believe that they would have better electronics and software since ZeroUAV is one of the largest UAV companies here in China (and their electronics system is well proven in the commercial UAV market). I suppose that time will tell...
James (from Skyartec) is a close friend of mine, so I hope his quad succeeds on the market... I'm just saying what I know so far.
May 15, 2014, 06:30 AM
Great Reviews. I feel better in mind of choosing V303 rather than Cx-20.
However, I have a few questions:

- There are 2 modes on this transmitter. Do you need a software to switch from Mode 2 to Mode 1 or just switch like V912/V222
May 15, 2014, 06:30 AM
Ok, I'm new to this hobby and don't know well these companies.
The Xfree quadcopter is designed by a group of engineers, this http://www.freexgroup.com/ their website, they seem to be trying very hard.
I saw that the TX of X free quadcopter, it has a lever that allows you to move the camera (motorized gimbal). On the transmitter of V303 WLtoys this is not possible, right?
Look here:
free x-2d gimbal brushless 20140510 165306 (0 min 40 sec)

Sorry for my bad English
May 15, 2014, 06:46 AM
That is first GPS quad from Wltoys so we cannot expect to have all feactures. As you cannot have fpv on your transmitter so there is no point to move your camera.