Jun 18, 2017, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketsa
Please add monopole option for receiver, lots of small receivers have just that.

Also something seems off with the advanced tab.
I chose 2450Mhz / 100mW / 1dB tx / 1 dB rx / 0 adjust / -105dbm receiver sensibility (my FS-IA6B)

And it tells me ideal range is little more than 20Km, I doubt it.
Hey Ketsa,

Regarding your question on the advanced tab... it is actually correct! Have a look at the attached graph - as you can see the usual -85 sensitivity gives you the expected 2km range. The range increases significantly as the sensitivity increases (your -105 is off the chart )

BUT

Sensitivity is irrelevant when you look at it in isolation... what you need to look at as well is the noise floor. If the noise floor is higher than "extra sensitivity" of your receiver then all you're doing with the extra sensitivity is picking up noise. That's why the basic maxmyrange calc uses -85 as the sensitivity figure - it assumes a normal receiver and normal (i.e. non-zero) noise floor.

Hope this helps!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2017, 03:15 PM
"cheap, small, lightweight"
Say, could you maybe make the results page linkable?

So that users of your site can type in some values, get the results and show that on forums to other people?
Jun 21, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodizio
Say, could you maybe make the results page linkable?

So that users of your site can type in some values, get the results and show that on forums to other people?
Hey Rodizio - that's a really good idea! Not sure how exactly I'll do it but I've got some ideas Thanks! I'll get on it soon...